DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The spike protein

steppensheep

steppensheep

Just wondering about some stuff, unencumbered by actual knowledge or prior research, in order not to hamper my free thinking.

Are all the spikes the same "the spike protein" or are they all different and only one does the docking bit.

If the spike docks on the ace2 receptors, presumably that means it looks a bit like ace2. It seems like a virus that looks a bit like an essential bit of the human body is going to be a problem for the immune system. Either it ignores it or it decides it's a foreign body, then ace2 must also look like a foreign body. And if the vaccine is creating spike proteins aren't they all going to dock on the ace2 receptors and presumably inhibit whatever ace2 normally does?

(Ps, I'm not a complete vaccine denier, I do find it odd that everyone -i n the msm - just assumes it'll be fine, as if we've never had any medical scandals before)

Hopeful
22 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

Just wondering about some stuff, unencumbered by actual knowledge or prior research, in order not to hamper my free thinking.

Are all the spikes the same "the spike protein" or are they all different and only one does the docking bit.

If the spike docks on the ace2 receptors, presumably that means it looks a bit like ace2. It seems like a virus that looks a bit like an essential bit of the human body is going to be a problem for the immune system. Either it ignores it or it decides it's a foreign body, then ace2 must also look like a foreign body. And if the vaccine is creating spike proteins aren't they all going to dock on the ace2 receptors and presumably inhibit whatever ace2 normally does?

(Ps, I'm not a complete vaccine denier, I do find it odd that everyone -i n the msm - just assumes it'll be fine, as if we've never had any medical scandals before)

The spike protein has two subunits; a subunit that 'docks' with the ACE 2 receptor (can also fuse with other receptors) and a membrane fusion subunit

Docking with the receptor brings about a conformational change in the spike protein that allows membrane fusion

The spike isn''t the same as the human ACE2 receptor

View it as a cup and a ball that fit together

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41401-020-0485-4

Coronavirus disease 2019 is a newly emerging infectious disease currently spreading across the world. It is caused by a novel coronavirus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The spike (S) protein of SARS-CoV-2, which plays a key role in the receptor recognition and cell membrane fusion process, is composed of two subunits, S1 and S2. The S1 subunit contains a receptor-binding domain that recognizes and binds to the host receptor angiotensin-converting enzyme 2, while the S2 subunit mediates viral cell membrane fusion by forming a six-helical bundle via the two-heptad repeat domain. In this review, we highlight recent research advance in the structure, function and development of antivirus drugs targeting the S protein.

Edited by Hopeful
  • Informative 3

The Masked Tulip
22 hours ago, steppensheep said:

About 30 mins in the male doc in the below video talks about the spike protein.

https://rumble.com/vfyvcn-critically-thinking-with-dr.-t-and-dr.-p-episode-44.html

• Informative 1