• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Cunning Plan

Something I need but don't know it yet

Carrying on from the deep fat fryer, it is my 50th Birthday next week. I would happily ignore it but my in-laws want to buy me something for about £100.

Thing is, I am bloody hard to buy anything for. I don't really want or need anything and in fact probably haven't bought anything at all for myself for the last three years or more.

So, what should I ask for that I don't even know I need yet?

Carrying on on the cooking theme, something like a Trangia camping/cooking set - stuff it in the back of the car for food/drinks on the go and days out. Can get spirit / gas types and budget of £100 would get you a really nice set.

13 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Carrying on from the deep fat fryer, it is my 50th Birthday next week. I would happily ignore it but my in-laws want to buy me something for about £100.

Thing is, I am bloody hard to buy anything for. I don't really want or need anything and in fact probably haven't bought anything at all for myself for the last three years or more.

So, what should I ask for that I don't even know I need yet?

Some bondage gear. They'll never insist again.

Are you into fitness type stuff ? Even if you're not what about an event next year. They can be quite pricey. I did one this weekend was £85. It will give you something to train for and who knows you may even enjoy it. (Amazingly nearly everyone who does thee things ends up enjoying them even if they thought they wouldn't )

An experience is a good shout.  On the same theme how about tickets to some sort of show or a day out?

I have the same problem with gifts for myself most years.  A few of the better ones I have gone for in the end recently have been a portable bbq/firepit which has had loads of use, a pair of decent budget binoculars and a Seiko skx007.