DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The Yuge DOGEcoin Thread. 2021 is the year of Shiba Inu

201p

If you breed dogs for a living - breed this one, a Shiba Inu. The rest of us - will have to invest in the coin.

Has this one got legs? Or is it a sick dog?

Original_Doge_meme.jpg

So much speculation, so many rumours. Do your own research.

Some videos of what this coin is about:

• Agree 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 201p

• nirvana

• Green Devil

• goldbug9999

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now seems the right time to show you the custom gauges in my Mazda MX-5. Seems I was ahead of the curve!  

💕

I think that its a traders coin as its pumped to hell and is completely sentiment driven I hope that a lot of people will make good money from it, but I think that even more will have their finge

Posted Images

reformed nice guy

I think that its a traders coin as its pumped to hell and is completely sentiment driven

I hope that a lot of people will make good money from it, but I think that even more will have their fingers burned

• Agree 3
Green Devil
6 hours ago, 201p said:

If you breed dogs for a living - breed this one, a Shiba Inu. The rest of us - will have to invest in the coin.

Has this one got legs? Or is it a sick dog?

Original_Doge_meme.jpg

So much speculation, so many rumours. Do your own research.

Some videos of what this coin is about:

You could of picked that up for 18C a few days ago in the dip. 

• Agree 1
201p
Posted (edited)

Let's pay him to make a DOGEcoin video. Good work!

Edited by 201p
201p

There are a few Dogecoin songs out there, and I think more than Bitcoin songs. It's so loved that people would sing about it? Here's one

201p

Possible, but maybe improbable target price for Dogecoin.

Can Dogecoin's market cap equal Bitcoin?

Bitcoin Market cap = $1T ($1000bn)

Dogecoin Market cap = $35bn

28x upside from 0.27 = $7.56

201p

^So there is belief that the top wallet holders might be the large exchanges. If Robinhood acts like a spread bet company and the punters don't actually physically own the asset, this wallet might be used as a reserve for liquidity reasons. I don't know why an exchange would hold so much in one wallet, because as a business it would make sense to have many wallets. 

When would a "whale" exchange wallet holder sell?  Maybe if there are too many people are long on their books - they may sell in the real market to ease the pressure. Exchanges make money on the fees and spread, they should not be taking a directional bet which is risker than being a market maker.

As more exchanges allow trading of DOGE, they may need to start buying real DOGE in the market so they have reserves and the underlying asset. As long as interest in DOGE is growing, then more businesses such as betting companies, trading apps will need to accumulate DOGE. This is bullish as long as DOGE interest remains high.

goldbug9999
49 minutes ago, 201p said:

I don't know why an exchange would hold so much in one wallet, because as a business it would make sense to have many wallets. 

Not really, more wallets is just more risk to manage. They will be using multisig to prevent a single point/person of failure so having multiple wallets has no real upside.

• Informative 1
201p
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, 201p said:

Here is some level headed info

I've watched a few of upshod's videos. His background is in stocks, and he only discovered crypto recently. What he says resonates a lot with me. DOGEcoin is fun, a joke, recognisable. Bitcoin I was there when it was 0.5 - it was difficult to buy, and I wasn't part of the community. Community is the key word. I think Bitcoin has knocked down a lot of barriers and opened a lot of doors - this makes DOGEcoin go to where it is destined, quicker and easier.

DOGEcoin isn't just another coin - it's a community. The strength of a coin is the people behind it. He says it is possible that DOGEcoin could rank #2 or #3 and that it could reach $1. In my eyes there isn't a reason why DOGE could not from there trade between $1 to $8 in this bull market, in this cycle.

I don't know for sure, of course so do your own research.

He started to post about DOGEcoin about two months ago - when the price was around 0.05. We're not far from his mark even at this level (0.28). OK I was aware of the WSB satoshi reddit group trying to arrange a price pump from 0.05. It didn't get off the ground, and was under 0.05 for some time. But as the penny drops, as it did for me after the recent Bitcoin correction/crash, the forest was cleared, and the DOGEcoin potential became so obvious, people like upshod and myself aren't going to let this one slip by.

Edited by 201p
  • Informative 1
Hardhat

I bought some (720) DOGE as a joke about three months ago with a fraction of BTC I had on an exchange ... I am pleasantly surprised at how it's done. That said, I just don't see the case for this going to the moon, it has basically none of the utility of BTC or ETH, it's a pure hype play. I don't mind it, but it is bonkers. I'll probably never sell it, unless it gets to a FIAT amount of money that would be stupid to turn down.

• Agree 1
201p
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hardhat said:

I bought some (720) DOGE as a joke about three months ago with a fraction of BTC I had on an exchange ... I am pleasantly surprised at how it's done. That said, I just don't see the case for this going to the moon, it has basically none of the utility of BTC or ETH, it's a pure hype play. I don't mind it, but it is bonkers. I'll probably never sell it, unless it gets to a FIAT amount of money that would be stupid to turn down.

I have seen the light, and the potential of DOGEcoin. I have never before felt so sure about an investment in the history of my time. The fact it has no utility makes it even better. I don't care about the other 9458+ coins, forgettable and low energy. I don't care for the NFTs. The fact that Dogecoin makes a joke of them all, makes it different and unique. This will be like Coca Cola and Pepsi. McDonalds and KFC. Man Utd and Liverpool. Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna. Gold and Silver. Bitcoin and Dogecoin. Bitcoin the real money. DOGEcoin the ordinary people's money. I can't even spell or pronounce Etherium most of the time - that will be doing all the "serious" contract work behind the scenes. 

Be part of the community. Believe in the Shiba Inu. Say DOGEcoin once every day. Be at one with memes.

Of course invest in what you can afford to lose - do your own research everyone. 

Do I sound mad enough yet? xD

Edited by 201p
  • Lol 1
201p
Posted (edited)

I had a funny dream last night - I had a dream that I had to tell everyone to buy some DOGEcoin. Not a lot, maybe 1000. (Of course do your own research) Only because this is a window of opportunity that we have here, like when Bitcoin was 0.5c. When you watch some of the crypto videos on youtube - the older guys in their 50s still call coins, "shares". You see it in the comments, like I picked up 1000 shares of x crypto. This tells me we're still not late to this party.

Anyway I've thought about this dream this morning. I think the market will end or mature when the big companies start to make their own crypto. I think 99%+ of the coins out there will be forgotten and not exist in the future as their communities shrink. The strength of a crypto is it's community.

Like with the Dot-com boom. Every company wanted to have a website. I believe in this cycle every company may want to own some crypto which will concentrate wealth in a handful of decentralised crypto. This is obvious. What is not obvious is the next step. Companies have monopolistic tendencies. Whether it is for market share, land, brands etc.  They want to be in control. So the next logical step is corporate crypto. 

Remember how these big companies wanted to have so many likes on FB or have their own Twitter account. Coca Cola GB has over 100m "likes" on their facebook page right now. 100m likes doesn't transfer directly to the bottom line, but as a big brand they have to be in this space, even if it is toxic and costs them to moderate posts on these social media platforms.

In the future there will be Coca Cola Coin, Pepsi Coin, Apple Coin, Tesla Coin, Amazon Coin etc. What are the purpose of these coins? They maybe used like a currency for their own products - in the old days the factory workers would get "company currency" to spend in their own factory shops. This is coming around again! The company coins may also be used as rewards / bonus for staff, and also for customers. The Tesco Club card points will be Tesco Crypto points. They may also be used to raise money in the market to fund new projects as another option to debt or rights issue.

These events will severely dilute the current coins in circulation, and I think that is what the end of the bull market super cycle will look like. Of course then we will have the government CBDC right at the end.

Edited by 201p
  • Agree 1
201p
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, 201p said:

He started to post about DOGEcoin about two months ago - when the price was around 0.05. We're not far from his mark even at this level (0.28). OK I was aware of the WSB satoshi reddit group trying to arrange a price pump from 0.05. It didn't get off the ground, and was under 0.05 for some time. But as the penny drops, as it did for me after the recent Bitcoin correction/crash, the forest was cleared, and the DOGEcoin potential became so obvious, people like upshod and myself aren't going to let this one slip by.

The last time I visited that Reddit, one of the top thumbed up posts was from a person saying that their Community isn't as friendly as the Wallstreet Bets (GME) community. There is no direction, people don't support each other. Everyone is out for themselves. That person was 100% right - they don't have a community there, that is why the pump at the time failed, but the pump and now sustained rise of GME is continuing. GME has a community united by various beliefs:

*They want to show Wall Street that people have power, and to burn the millionaire/billionaire shorters.

*They want to support Gamestop, it's a company many Americans have fond memories of. A bit like Toys R Us or Woolworths.

---

Being a success in this world isn't just by creating and selling a product. It's creating a community that people are connected with. When you buy a Tesla, or an Apple iPhone you're not just buying an electric car or phone - you are joining a community.

Edited by 201p
Green Devil
53 minutes ago, 201p said:

These events will severely dilute the current coins in circulation, and I think that is what the end of the bull market super cycle will look like. Of course then we will have the government CBDC right at the end.

The question is though where do you want to be when CDBC is ready to roll out. When they show you the deal on offer. We will give you 1 GBP shitcoin for £2 for cash in your bank account. Of course if your loaded with debt we'll offer to pay that off on a 10-1 £shitcoin-GBP ratio.

Prices will still be the same mind. Houses will still cost hundreds of thousands. Fuel £2 a litre. Do you want to cash out your bitcoin then lose when it goes in £shitcoin? Ill be keeping my ££ off grid in monero hopefully by then in some off grid sunny tax haven that respects crypto :) 

Edited by Green Devil
  • Agree 2
201p
26 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

The question is though where do you want to be when CDBC is ready to roll out. When they show you the deal on offer. We will give you 1 GBP shitcoin for £2 for cash in your bank account. Of course if your loaded with debt we'll offer to pay that off on a 1-1 £shitcoin-GBP ratio.

Prices will still be the same mind. Houses will still cost hundreds of thousands. Fuel £2 a litre. Do you want to cash out your bitcoin then lose when it goes in £shitcoin? Ill be keeping my ££ off grid in monero hopefully by then in some off grid sunny tax haven that respects crypto :) 

That is a good question - in that kind of uncertainty, that would be hard assets that have been tried and tested.

201p
Posted (edited)

Some thoughts on DOGEcoin this morning as I catch up on sleep. Thank goodness I don't have to go to work today! I was up at 3am!

I doubt this will be a daily comment, as I will run out of things to say.

DOGEcoin, is one of those things that you will have to dress down for. You have to break some of your own codes and morals. It's that tipping point that you reach where you are going to say to yourself - I am not getting up to dance at this disco. I am not making a fool of myself in front of these people! BUT then you have to do it.

After a while you have a few drinks. You see some of your friends already on the dance floor having a good time, you know the ones that practice in their bedroom dance moves. It's only 9pm FFS. You are still adamant - I'm not getting up there FFS! It's one of those parties where you know most of the people, but it isn't a totally private function.  There maybe 100 people there.

As the night goes on, more drink plied to yourself. You're steaming. The music is louder and sillier. It's 11pm. You have moved around different to areas of this party, there is no where that you are comfortable. You have spoken to friends, some are outside having a fag. You've run out of things to say - no one can hear each other anyway. You've been to the bar a few times. 

You're back at your seat now - most of the people are on the dance floor, you're there billy no mates, as per usual. The dance floor is heaving. You are surrounded by empty glasses and bottles. You can barely see straight. A good looking girl calls you over to dance, and reluctantly you get up and say WHAT THE HELL! You have abandoned all sense of gentlemanly conduct, and dancing away (probably like your dad at a wedding) singing away to YMCA and Superstar DJs Here we go!

What does this remind me of? A bit like Bitcoin in the early days when some youtube channels and some people would refuse to believe in it's potential.

There are some youtube channels and some people refusing to mention DOGEcoin as it not a proper network, or it has a proper function. They talk about Digibyte, Etherium, smart contract this, DeFi that, blah blah blah etc - but won't even mention DOGEcoin. Their channels are highly serious for highly serious investments. They won't dress down to entertain DOGEcoin.

Edited by 201p
201p
Posted (edited)

Ah here is an example released 29th April 2021 - we're serious people. It's a SILLY COIN.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/04/29/5-reasons-to-avoid-dogecoin-like-the-plague/

5 Reasons to Avoid Dogecoin Like the Plague

Here are five key reasons Dogecoin belongs nowhere near investors' portfolios.

---

The FT and the Times, would they have ever recommend Bitcoin? I don't think they do even now. They are too serious to recommend DOGEcoin.

Can you imagine the serious media financial publications in the old days. Recommend rocks as investments? Ridiculous! The value of something is determined by people and the communities they are in - NOT by talking heads!

Edited by 201p
  • Agree 1
stockton
10 minutes ago, 201p said:

You have to break some of your own codes and morals. It's that tipping point that you reach where you are going to say to yourself - I am not getting up to dance at this disco. I am not making a fool of myself in front of these people! BUT then you have to do it.

I am having this very tussle in my mind as we speak.

Bought a load of alts during the last bill run and swore not to do it again!

Been sitting on my hands but following the dodge saga and I am finding it harder to ignore.

Ffs

• Agree 1
goldbug9999
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 201p said:

What does this remind me of? A bit like Bitcoin in the early days when some youtube channels and some people would refuse to believe in it's potential.

The difference being that bitcoin actually has potential and doge has none.

Trying to be objective about it there is maybe $100-150 billion or so of "irrational" market cap, that is super frothy retail money chasing instant profit, sloshing around the various pump-and-dump cryptos so the upside limit of doge would be about 2x-3x from here if was to take the lions share of that.

Edited by goldbug9999
goldbug9999
2 hours ago, stockton said:

I am having this very tussle in my mind as we speak.

Bought a load of alts during the last bill run and swore not to do it again!

Been sitting on my hands but following the dodge saga and I am finding it harder to ignore.

Ffs

Noone who bought bitcoin in the last bull run is sitting here saying FFS, There is a lesson in that.

stockton
29 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Noone who bought bitcoin in the last bull run is sitting here saying FFS, There is a lesson in that.

Yeah, the ffs is about getting itchy feet about dabbling in alts again even after the last time. If dodge drops below .3 I will buy some and that may turn out to be another bottom drawer coin for me

goldbug9999
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, stockton said:

Yeah, the ffs is about getting itchy feet about dabbling in alts again even after the last time. If dodge drops below .3 I will buy some and that may turn out to be another bottom drawer coin for me

This is one of the many challenges ones faces as a long term bitcoin holder - the lure of alts during the bull market.  One has to be mindful that many alt traders have an end game of cashing out into bitcoin so there will be a dash for exit at some point. Also I've found that having a play fund of a couple of grand which I throw at any old pumping bullshit such as doge helps scratch the itch.

Edited by goldbug9999
  • Cheers 1