DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Has anyone tried commenting fairly but negatively on the main platforms about vaccines?

swiss_democracy_for_all

swiss_democracy_for_all

I’ve noticed that any comment I make about it being wrong to vaccinate young fit people against Covid, which is what I believe, is removed from YouTube, Beeb, anywhere major. It makes no difference whether the comment contains facts (like that Israel are reporting 1 case per 20,000 Pfizer (second) jabs of myocarditis in young men). Basically anything negative about vaccines, whether true or not, gets removed. I’m not even against the vaccines per se, just against giving them to the young and fit, but this is a forbidden opinion, it seems. 

Anyone else noticed this? What is it like on other sites more widely used than Dosbods? I don’t read Mumsnet - are vaccine doubters hounded off there?

• Informative 10

The Grey Man
36 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I’ve noticed that any comment I make about it being wrong to vaccinate young fit people against Covid, which is what I believe, is removed from YouTube, Beeb, anywhere major. It makes no difference whether the comment contains facts (like that Israel are reporting 1 case per 20,000 Pfizer (second) jabs of myocarditis in young men). Basically anything negative about vaccines, whether true or not, gets removed. I’m not even against the vaccines per se, just against giving them to the young and fit, but this is a forbidden opinion, it seems. 

Anyone else noticed this? What is it like on other sites more widely used than Dosbods? I don’t read Mumsnet - are vaccine doubters hounded off there?

Noticed the Daily Mail seems to have become a focal site of "antivax" comments.

I am.guessing as no major news outlet has a real open forum so this has become a focus.

Mind. The comments now just go one way so a sensible discussion here, if it ever was, is not possible.

wherebee

No, not on FB.  There is no point, people who have had the jab do not want to have any information that might suggest they made a bad call.  I did post on one american friends page about the leaky vaccine issue as someone was blaming unvaccinated people for creating bad variants - I thought that was important to counter.  No discussion continued after that, as the pro vaxxer had no facts to counter.

One on one discussions in real life, I am politely pointing out the 2023 trial end dates and the risk/reward ratios being different for different ages.  Seems to go down well so far.  I did see a stat that 50% of over 50 Australians do not intend to take a vaccine, which is interesting.

• Informative 1

desertorchid

The problem now is that Covid in the UK would have declined in March whether there were vaccines or not. The natural wave patterns of infection and lockdown ensured that. However, they will be used as the gold standard path out of a pandemic and shown as evidence going forward. It really is a no win situation right now for those attempting to raise  concerns about the vaccines.

• Agree 11

3 hours ago, desertorchid said:

The problem now is that Covid in the UK would have declined in March whether there were vaccines or not. The natural wave patterns of infection and lockdown ensured that. However, they will be used as the gold standard path out of a pandemic and shown as evidence going forward. It really is a no win situation right now for those attempting to raise  concerns about the vaccines.

Narrative flips in October to blame unvaxxed 

• Agree 8

AlfredTheLittle

Daily mail and telegraph comments are generally sceptical of lockdowns and vaccinations. Guardian is very pro, as you'd expect. They're the only ones I know.

The Masked Tulip
5 minutes ago, Rowley said:

Narrative flips in October to blame unvaxxed 

I imagine it will. Currently everyone vaxed whom I have spoken with believes the vax has made them safe from covid. So it will be a head-fuck for them to then believe that vaxed people are getting ill - but I am sure that the media and the mob will work hand in hand to overcome that one minor hurdle.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I don’t read Mumsnet - are vaccine doubters hounded off there?

Not removed off MN just yet.

There were a few threads on there where information was exchanged, doubts expressed etc. However since the London protest last Saturday harpie trolls have descended on those threads and are making them unreadable due insults and abuse hurled at people who previously been having an interesting discussion.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/4227641-State-of-fear-created-by-government-2

JoeDavola

I don’t actually post on Facebook, but do have an account. If I said anything remotely anti-vaccine or even just being slightly cautious or questioning it there would be a shitstorm if epic proportions. 

I suspect I would never be allowed to forget it and it would be brought up frequently in my real life interactions with folk.

• Agree 1

Snake Plissken

I used to post now and again on the reddit uk forums, what I noticed from last March onwards, when ever there was a well reasoned post that was questioning the government approach whether on lockdowns or vaccines, within minutes there were a number of aggressive posts in reply and large number of downvotes. First of all I noticed it on my posts and then I started to see the same pattern on other peoples post. I came to the conclusion that this was organised as the pattern was always exactly the same and out of character to how the forum operated on other subjects, especially on those forums questioning the government was the normal.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 6

13 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I don’t actually post on Facebook, but do have an account. If I said anything remotely anti-vaccine or even just being slightly cautious or questioning it there would be a shitstorm if epic proportions. 

I suspect I would never be allowed to forget it and it would be brought up frequently in my real life interactions with folk.

Just post it and you'll soon have just a decent bunch of friends left. I've lost track of the number who've probably deleted me :D

Jazztraveller
20 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

I used to post now and again on the reddit uk forums, what I noticed from last March onwards, when ever there was a well reasoned post that was questioning the government approach whether on lockdowns or vaccines, within minutes there were a number of aggressive posts in reply and large number of downvotes. First of all I noticed it on my posts and then I started to see the same pattern on other peoples post. I came to the conclusion that this was organised as the pattern was always exactly the same and out of character to how the forum operated on other subjects, especially on those forums questioning the government was the normal.

I noticed this too during the American election. I think it’s the so-called “50 cent army” or an even better paid equivalent.

when you think about the hundreds of millions that FB etc purportedly put into maintaining the narrative, where did that money go?

There’s your answer...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stuey said:

Just post it and you'll soon have just a decent bunch of friends left. I've lost track of the number who've probably deleted me :D

Someone deleted me because I pointed out that captain Tom would have had to raise more than 700x as much as he did to cover the track and trace disaster! I'm already getting some utterly ridiculous comments regarding the NHS guide to covid after I pointed out that it doesn't recommend people under 65 should have the jab unless they have existing conditions or work with sick and vulnerable people 🙄

Edited by maffo
  • Agree 6
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, tlc said:

Not removed off MN just yet.

There were a few threads on there where information was exchanged, doubts expressed etc. However since the London protest last Saturday harpie trolls have descended on those threads and are making them unreadable due insults and abuse hurled at people who previously been having an interesting discussion.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/4227641-State-of-fear-created-by-government-2

That thread is properly, properly tragic. I thought that the sneery, belittling, superior,, self-congratulatory, back-slapping pack approach to trolling might be a thing of the past, but it's definitely alive and well there. It's like something from 2005.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The media has embedded the narrative

Thanks for that reply, most appreciated and informative 👍🏻👍🏻

• Agree 1

Option5
1 minute ago, spunko said:

It is entirely technologically plausible to create filters that flag certain words - I can even do it on a basic level with this forum software. So it wouldn't be too hard for them to do that.

If you filter out "fuck", "cunt" and "poof" most of the postings will vanish :Old:

• Lol 3

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

If you filter out "fuck", "cunt" and "poof" most of the postings will vanish :Old:

Or "I have hair on my head" & "I got the shag last night"

• Lol 1

20 hours ago, maffo said:

Or "I have hair on my head" & "I got the shag last night"

Obviously these words never get written here anyway :D 

The BBC has been on a mission with this.

• Agree 1

A tremendous # on the lung
21 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

The responses in RL to my saying I'm not having it for five years have varied from surprise to mild hostility at my "selfishness"

Yes it's like that ww1 poster - "Daddy what did you do during the great pandemic?"

• Agree 2

Frank Hovis
2 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

Yes it's like that ww1 poster - "Daddy what did you do during the great pandemic?"

It is.

I await my first white feather for not accepting one of the vaccines.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1