• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

hapax legomenon

Favourite Youtube Videos

On 14/06/2020 at 20:22, Frank Hovis said:

This guy was always excellent to watch but was generally relegated to rainy day showreels.  I have no idea how good he really is but he missed his prime years in the sport because the Iranian revolution happened and tennis was deemed to be "capitalist".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansour_Bahrami

No idea, but this sort of stuff is bread and butter for a half decent tennis player.

We go to Wimbeldon most years, mainly to get pissed up and eat strawberries, neither me or my partner like tennis that much so we tend to be happy with what most tennis fans would consider crappy tickets i.e. second Thursday where fuck all is going on.

All the outer courts are full of this sort of stuff.... but what you need is that entertainer element which Mansour seems to have. 

TL:DR - Probably not that good at Tennis but a great entertainer.

On 19/06/2020 at 18:27, lid said:

Not viewed them all but in case it's not popped up already🤪

Interestingly.....this is not true life - but actually a fake -  and this was in-fact ‘staged and acted out’ - and incorrectly refers to the man as being ‘Paul  Charles Dozsa’ when it is just a comedic actor. 

Edited by Vendetta

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think @Hail the Tripod and @stokiescum will enjoy this; Assyrian flood story.

Brilliant stuff, I'm a big fan of Ivring.

Anything with him in is worth a watch on Youtube.

The book he wrote about the the ark is good, if a little more academic than the presentation above.

Edited by gilf

14 hours ago, gilf said:

Word of warning for this thread, if you watch too many videos from here it serious fucks up your Youtube suggestions.

I literally had a video of Jim Davison (yes that one) fitting a new thruster system on his boat today.

Think I saw that one, helped park the boat sideways. Don't particularly like him but he is happy to voice his non-PC opinion on things and appears to appeal to some people.

15 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think @Hail the Tripod and @stokiescum will enjoy this; Assyrian flood story.

I found this interesting and learnt some new things. But I also found it disappointing for some reason. I think he made it about him and, at points, the audience did not seem to know whether to chuckle or keep silent. I don't like that kind of atmos.

But what I did take away from it, which has left me questioning, is the idea of the connection between the coracle ark and Ararat. Maybe it is historians making 2 plus 2 equal 5 simply because of the map. Bottom line is that Ararat is a heck of a way from the location of where the ark was probably built. Upstream - not that there are any rivers connecting the two - so against the flow of water with just the small problem of a mountain range inbetween them.

All fascinating stuff though. What were our ancestors doing? It makes sense that some would have created some kind of boats and gone off down the river... or up the river... exploring. Just as our ancestors here in the UK did. Perhaps a good example is that of the early settlers in the US making boats and heading off down the great rivers to see what was there or to trade. It makes sense that people would have done that in the past.

Edited by The Masked Tulip
typo