DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The Hydrogen Economy (Fuelling future Travel and Industry)

Jesus Wept

I don’t think there is any longterm future in Electric Battery Powered Vehicles (EVs). 

Not enough copper or lithium in the world for starters. 

You still got to produce the electricity in the first place - they’ll use fossil fuels until exhausted. 

Hydrogen will win out in this game. 

Who are the current small companies but future industry leaders? The 100 baggers? 

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

I've dabbled with hydrogen firms but they're all on AIM...I think I'll just let oil and gas companies do the hard work for me

Yep - RDSB, BP and Repsol et al. 

However when the H2 bubble starts to blow up there will be 100x baggers out there. Who are they? 

Just now, Vendetta said:

Yep - RDSB, BP and Repsol et al. 

However when the H2 bubble starts to blow up there will be 100x baggers out there. Who are they? 

I did OK out of AFC with a little punt, but fuck me it was quite a ride

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

I won't bother buying again until the BK if it happens.

Started following these in May 2020.

No spare money at the time..... fuck....

FEF0F964-2293-4329-97FC-845E8E75E474.jpeg
PHE was a x10 bagger

@Vendetta I think those rises are just an appetiser and they'll be smacked down hard as not established yet...just a hunch I'm afraid.  What I mean is I think it's mostly weak hands right now!

5 minutes ago, Loki said:

@Vendetta I think those rises are just an appetiser and they'll be smacked down hard as not established yet...just a hunch I'm afraid.  What I mean is I think it's mostly weak hands right now!

@Loki

I think you could be right. 

I had a big discussion about battery powered EVs today. 

I cannot see how EV’s have any future?

So many issues and problems in terms of raw material availability and the inability to build an infrastructure to power and charge the cars.

Or have I missed something? 

9 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

@Loki

I think you could be right. 

I had a big discussion about battery powered EVs today. 

I cannot see how EV’s have any future?

So many issues and problems in terms of raw material availability and the inability to build an infrastructure to power and charge the cars.

Or have I missed something? 

The only way they will work is if most people don't have their own car.  Unless the infrastructure spend includes a total upgrade of the whole grid, as they are all about centralisation - centralised generation means distribution is needed.  You can only get so much current down a piece of cable of a certain size, of course you can up the voltage (In theory, it's not as easy as that) but that would also mean replacing all the substations to allow them to bring the voltage back down to 230V

Right now we are using 35 out of 55GW

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

Noallegiance
18 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Started following these in May 2020.

No spare money at the time..... fuck....

FEF0F964-2293-4329-97FC-845E8E75E474.jpeg
PHE was a x10 bagger

AFC, ITM and PHE were all over 500% for me then I started trimming. Sold AFC and ITM completely for mad % gainz innit.

Still got PHE to leave my toe in a pure play, but I'll be feeding more into BP, RDSB and Repsol when the time is right. Or wrong but eventually right. 

Bobthebuilder

I am a big believer in Hydrogen. Everything I hear through my government approved licence is pointing in that direction.

HGVs, trains, domestic consumer use for 20 years, yet I think.

4 hours ago, janch said:

There's another reason why EVs could be problematic.  The batteries need rare metals to be made in the first place and then what happens to all the batteries later?  This is a good article from the beeb:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56574779

Yep - not enough rare metals In the world by a long way. Hence the massive surge in ‘rare earth metal’ company stock values. 

Started following these last May.

Fuck again..... if only I had been better prepared and had more money at the time and understood ISAs etc....

Next time. (At least I made 2000% on Argo... so I cannot complain too much). 

3CFBFB2C-B997-42CF-85C9-E962FDFE2806.jpeg

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

Yep - not enough rare metals In the world by a long way. Hence the massive surge in ‘rare earth metal’ company stock values. 

There is one place in the UK chocked full with rare metals, some incredibly rare, however they are stored as waste and there isn't the technology to remove them from it in a cost effective and safe manner yet.

One day there will be so it just sits there.

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

There is one place in the UK chocked full with rare metals, some incredibly rare, however they are stored as waste and there isn't the technology to remove them from it in a cost effective and safe manner yet.

Is it a big landfill or something?

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Nuclear waste? 

Bobthebuilder
11 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Nuclear waste? 

Isn't some radioactive stuff sealed in glass buried somewhere in the 60s or 70s?

17 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

In a similar vein ive often thought it would probably be cheaper to "mine" old landfill sites then dig for new metals etc.  Not so long ago we used to throw away all cans/glass etc plus electrical items which must have quite a lot of rare metals in them plus copper etc.

Archived