DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The Hydrogen Economy (Fuelling future Travel and Industry)

Jesus Wept

On 01/05/2021 at 13:32, janch said:

In a similar vein ive often thought it would probably be cheaper to "mine" old landfill sites then dig for new metals etc.  Not so long ago we used to throw away all cans/glass etc plus electrical items which must have quite a lot of rare metals in them plus copper etc.

There was a documentary (on BBC4 IIRC) fairly recently about this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2021 at 23:15, M S E Refugee said:

Like others on here i'm a big believer in hydrogen over current EVs. Recently re-opened my hargreaves lansdown account and stocks and shares ISA with monthly savings. Anyone know if there's a way to buy hydrogen funds or company shares without the huge fees? 

Jesus Wept
47 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Like others on here i'm a big believer in hydrogen over current EVs. Recently re-opened my hargreaves lansdown account and stocks and shares ISA with monthly savings. Anyone know if there's a way to buy hydrogen funds or company shares without the huge fees? 

Charges 1.13 % a year. Seems ok? 

BABF8F60-0D7D-4229-BFC8-82A2554B5357.jpeg

74A07979-3B27-476C-A7F5-AE5B4C60635C.jpeg

4 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Charges 1.13 % a year. Seems ok? 

BABF8F60-0D7D-4229-BFC8-82A2554B5357.jpeg

74A07979-3B27-476C-A7F5-AE5B4C60635C.jpeg

Charges £12 per trade. Was wondering if there was a way to invest without the per trade fees.

Jesus Wept
6 hours ago, gibbon said:

Charges £12 per trade. Was wondering if there was a way to invest without the per trade fees.

I see. 

From the little research I have done the ‘trade free’ sites screw you in larger spreads. So either way it costs. 

This is my thinking behind always having a minimum trade at about £3k - otherwise you pay too much (as a %) towards buying and selling charges and spreads.

• 1 month later...
On 18/05/2021 at 23:46, gibbon said:

The regular saver option on hl reduces the buying of this to £1.50 a deal, still £12 when selling mind but is a big reduction overall.

1 hour ago, stockton said:

The regular saver option on hl reduces the buying of this to £1.50 a deal, still £12 when selling mind but is a big reduction overall.

Been doing the monthly saver for my ISA and I think it's free? Haven't noticed any per deal charges.

• 5 months later...

Resurrecting a bit of an old thread, as a search for the HL costs when making monthly debit comes up...

When pay in a monthly direct debit for £25 minimum then it's £1.50 a trade, if you then add £1000 by card separately, do they differentiate between the £25 and the £1000 when it comes to fees?

Is whatever you pay in from the DD only £1.50 for the trades and anything else the standard £11.95 or is it all £1.50?

26 minutes ago, mh9000 said:

Resurrecting a bit of an old thread, as a search for the HL costs when making monthly debit comes up...

When pay in a monthly direct debit for £25 minimum then it's £1.50 a trade, if you then add £1000 by card separately, do they differentiate between the £25 and the £1000 when it comes to fees?

Is whatever you pay in from the DD only £1.50 for the trades and anything else the standard £11.95 or is it all £1.50?

When you set up the DD you have to specify what stock or fund to purchase with that DD money.  You can select more than one share of fund and allocate a portion of the DD to each one.  The DD is take on the 7th and purchase is made on the 10th of the month (so you dont get to pick the price)

https://www.hl.co.uk/investment-services/invest-by-direct-debit

You don’t have to choose one though, it says you can do the DD as cash and choose where to invest it later ?

What is investing by Direct Debit?

Invest automatically with a monthly Direct Debit from £25 per investment.

• Choose your investments first, and your Direct Debit amount for each one.
  • Or add money to your account each month and decide where to invest it later.

So do they keep track of the cash you’ve put in by DD and charge 1.50 per trade from that and then the standard 11.95 from the rest.

Hmm Im not sure on that one, you could hold it and then try to purchase but I think if you use the standard "deal now" purchase method it will charge the £12 fee.

I think you also get charged the £12 fee when selling (regardless of the purchase fees) so I am looking at funds more now as they have not entry or exit fees.

Yeah you're right, I checked with them and the £1.50 trading fee only applies if you specify what to invest in when you set up the DD, if you deposit cash to invest later with the DD you would have to pay the £12 fee. 

Archived