DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Buy Silver Crash JP Morgan

macca

If you watched Kieser Report for to many years you might remember "Buy silver crash JP Morgan" when silver spiked to massive highs.

May 1st 2021 they are going to try again using some Reddit crowd type mass buying event.. 

I'm going to buy 10oz being a big spender,, just to see if anything actually happens.. I have silver already.

Anyone seen any buzz about this actually happening? or working?

Noallegiance

Yeah Craig Hemke, David Morgan, Mike Maloney and Dunegan Kaiser are all over this. Have been since the first attempt earlier this year. Apparently the Convex was close to breaking last time and production hasn't replaced stocks.

I'll be amazed if there's any effect but who knows?!

15 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Yeah Craig Hemke, David Morgan, Mike Maloney and Dunegan Kaiser are all over this. Have been since the first attempt earlier this year. Apparently the Convex was close to breaking last time and production hasn't replaced stocks.

I'll be amazed if there's any effect but who knows?!

There's probably only going to be one main winner out of this. My money's on JPM.

Heart's Ease

This has been touched on in the WSB thread.  Buy physical/PSLV is the upshot!

I posted an interview from Palisades Radio a couple of months ago.  Back when Keiser Report was having a crack at it JPM were short.  Since then - looooong.  

Worth a listen/read of the synopsis to click through to different bits to listen to his take on the JPM position.

There was talk of silver being next at the time of the Game Stop share price surge at the end of January. Silver did spike up ~3 dollars for a few days but soon came back down again. I can't imagine this would do much more.

silver.JPG

Bricormortis

As much as I would like to see silver go on a run now, It is priced lower than it was in August and there was not a shortage then. There is a lot of hype on you tube about the Comex or LBMA going down which I don't think is going to happen. Also talk about JPM going long which is interesting, but is it even true ?  Coins go at a premium atm but thats just a tiny part of the silver market.  When industrial demand picks up I expect to see silver go on a run and I expect that run to be pretty substantial.  Two thirds of an ounce in every solar panel. 

If people with deep pockets thought silver was going on a run on 1st of May they would have been buying already in April. No evidence of that.  Really the price has been going sideways for 6 months.

Wow just looking at the prices.. no more VAT free silver from Europe..

£35+ PER COIN.

I was pay £12 per coin when I started buying.. 

Knowing the old prices is always a bit off-putting 

Sugarlips
10 hours ago, Bricormortis said:

Heres a rampy video..contains a very interesting graph. About 15 minutes long.

Some concise reasons why silver is still the contrarian investment.

One element that they missed is the dollar debasement since the 1980 peak of 50USD which inflation adjusted is now $160USD. So silver has to 6x from here just to equal it’s value 40 years ago - extraordinary.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com

Frank Hovis

Surely you have to buy ridiculous volumes to make a difference?  Where on earth would you keep it?

Looking at Chards 1oz gold coins are roughly £1,300 and silver £27 so instead of buying one gold coin you have to buy nearly fifty silver coins.  If I was doing that I would need to buy the house next door to have somewhere to store it and the postman would develop a hernia.

https://www.chards.co.uk/category/buy-coins/a/gold/1-oz

https://www.chards.co.uk/category/buy-coins/a/silver/1-oz

Well I sure as hell want it to happen as my HOC and FRES are not doing well.  I bought them when the previous ramp was supposed to happen but they've been sinking ever since.  I'm hoping any rise in physical silver will put them back into positive territory:)

Green Devil

First majestic is the worst performer in my stock portfolio. Its garbage, not impressed, think ill buy AAPL next time.

reformed nice guy
52 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

First majestic is the worst performer in my stock portfolio. Its garbage, not impressed, think ill buy AAPL next time.

But it's been from 5 to 30 over the past year. 6x is not bad!

M S E Refugee

APMEX the most popular Bullion dealer in America seems to have plenty of Silver in stock.

There is no Silver Squeeze at the moment if you look at their inventories.

42 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

APMEX the most popular Bullion dealer in America seems to have plenty of Silver in stock.

There is no Silver Squeeze at the moment if you look at their inventories.

Still charging a hefty premium though. If spot is 26, why is every single AVAILABLE coin over 30?  

https://www.apmex.com

Shows to me that spot is, frankly, bollocks.

Innkeeper
21 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Still charging a hefty premium though. If spot is 26, why is every single AVAILABLE coin over 30?  

If you are buying coins then there are significant extra costs in design, production and marketing/retailing over and above what the mints are paying for raw (spot price) silver.  Therefore coins will always be at a quite a premium over spot.  Of course spot (or below to account for buyers’ costs) is their value once you’ve bought them unless the coin is in some way ‘collectable’.

Whether the premium being charged for coins is now higher than usual as a result of a shortage not meeting demand is a question hopefully someone else can answer..

M S E Refugee
8 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Psychologically the paper price makes it difficult to buy physical Silver when the premiums are so high, no matter how much of a Silver Bug you are, Silver Stackers are always going to use the paper price as a guide even though it is total bullshit.

The Silver Squeeze will be difficult to gain any traction when the spread between the Paper and Physical price is so divergent, no one wants to plough money into something that looks a bad deal.

APMEX used to publish the prices they would buy back the Silver from you, now you have to contact them for a price which I would assume is much lower than spot.

Buying Physical Silver in the UK is utter madness unless we have massive inflation.

Green Devil
16 hours ago, reformed nice guy said:

But it's been from 5 to 30 over the past year. 6x is not bad!

Unfortunately i bought the top not the bottom 😭😭

On 02/05/2021 at 08:18, M S E Refugee said:

Buying Physical Silver in the UK is utter madness unless we have massive inflation.

Most of my silver has doubled since i bought it, most i paid was £17, lowest about £12 , even the buy back price is much higher than i paid.

So i'm okay for now.. will hold and see what happens.

M S E Refugee
10 hours ago, macca said:

Most of my silver has doubled since i bought it, most i paid was £17, lowest about £12 , even the buy back price is much higher than i paid.

So i'm okay for now.. will hold and see what happens.

You can take advantage of the high premiums when selling but you will probably have to use eBay.

If you have a lot of Silver to sell eBay does turn over information to the HMRC.

On 04/05/2021 at 10:14, M S E Refugee said:

If you have a lot of Silver to sell eBay does turn over information to the HMRC.

HMRC seem to chase everyone but the rich.. They con the tax payer in plain sight.. 

Archived