DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Proof the housing market has peaked

With a crooked smile

2 hours ago, Hancock said:

I hope you're correct but i am growingly pessimistic. 

Hence why i'm looking to get the fuck out this dreadful country.

Are labourers really on 600 a week? 

60 hrs x£12.50 - agency fee ( £15 <£20 ) then - 20% tax.Near enough. Lugging 8x4 boards, carpet tile,vinyl,etc alley  up 4 flights ain't easy.Public sector would shit bricks paying £20 a week to be paid. They dont even know this. That's why the majority of blokes detest councils, as this is often brought up, along with money not being what it should be( trades) due to EUers.

Construction is shit. Been in all my life. Would never recomend this

" career" working for the tier 1 cunts. My take. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Phil said:

60 hrs x£12.50 - agency fee ( £15 <£20 ) then - 20% tax.Near enough. Lugging 8x4 boards, carpet tile,vinyl,etc alley  up 4 flights ain't easy.Public sector would shit bricks paying £20 a week to be paid. They dont even know this. That's why the majority of blokes detest councils, as this is often brought up, along with money not being what it should be( trades) due to EUers.

Add- trades- Not regular work, out of hours work, weekends, 2.5k tools, van, van theft, it's a fuckin nightmare. Know/n 3 chippies top themselves. Drink,drugs, women.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Ah so only if they work a week and a half.

Theyd be on more if it wasnt for the shite agency getting a huge slice of their earnings thanks to Blair and Brown.

I was a labourer now and then (knocking up muck, carrying those heavy cement bags in 1992/93ish), id imagine the crap of about £40 a day wage i was on then would be equal to 100-120 a day.

7 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Ah so only if they work a week and a half.

Theyd be on more if it wasnt for the shite agency getting a huge slice of their earnings thanks to Blair and Brown.

I was a labourer now and then (knocking up muck, carrying those heavy cement bags in 1992/93ish), id imagine the crap of about £40 a day wage i was on then would be equal to 100-120 a day.

All agencies, are pure scum. With landlords they (don’t atm) penalise every extra bit of effort you put in in an attempt to get out of their needed ( prison) house.

Agencies steal time, effort, skills, endeavour, innovation by every hour worked.

Ban them, then burn em. Corrupt slime. Cunts.

your sums are correct.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

All agencies, are pure scum. With landlords they (don’t atm) penalise every extra bit of effort you put in in an attempt to get out of their needed ( prison) house.

Agencies steal time, effort, skills, endeavour, innovation by every hour worked.

your sums are correct.

Said it before on here.

But that mate i was working for used to hire people and pay them an OKish wage, on the basis when the job finished they'd be back on the rock n roll.

But then all the employment laws changed so he had to hire them via an agency so he was lumbered with them when the contract finished.

He ended up paying more to hire people who had worked for him on and off via an agent, the people would be paid less ... but the agent would walk off with a nice sum of money for having the ability to get rid of "people" when the contract finished.

33 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Said it before on here.

But that mate i was working for used to hire people and pay them an OKish wage, on the basis when the job finished they'd be back on the rock n roll.

But then all the employment laws changed so he had to hire them via an agency so he was lumbered with them when the contract finished.

He ended up paying more to hire people who had worked for him on and off via an agent, the people would be paid less ... but the agent would walk off with a nice sum of money for having the ability to get rid of "people" when the contract finished.

Lots of people are disadvantaged by being self employed.

Big hoops to get through for credit, mortgage, always was. Construction is one of, if not the biggest, direct, indirect employer in the uk. The agency parasites are killing the host, along with the  of lack of training for new blood.

Now the NHS staff are asking for more £, cos if they dont get it, they will join an agency ...... doh!,

good luck nhs middle management. Most are cunts

Went off topic a bit there.

Frank Hovis
12 hours ago, Phil said:

Lots of people are disadvantaged by being self employed.

Big hoops to get through for credit, mortgage, always was. Construction is one of, if not the biggest, direct, indirect employer in the uk. The agency parasites are killing the host, along with the  of lack of training for new blood.

Now the NHS staff are asking for more £, cos if they dont get it, they will join an agency ...... doh!,

good luck nhs middle management. Most are cunts

Went off topic a bit there.

The builders who do really well IME are those who go self-employed and do up or convert derelict houses themselves, rather than working for others, so making £100ks rather than £10ks.

This includes their own houses; one builder I know turned a small bungalow into a big two storey house which he now lives in.  He probably doubled its value excluidng any HPI.

Even if you don't have the capital there are always people who would like to go into partnership with a builder and provide the capital.

Historically an always inflating area.

https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/news/19416883.house-prices-winchester-drop-regional-average/

HOUSE prices dropped by 2.5% per cent – more than the average for the South East – in Winchester in April, new figures show.

But the drop does not reverse the longer-term trend, which has seen property prices in the area achieve 3.1% annual growth.

The average Winchester house price in April was £431,534, Land Registry figures show – a 2.5% decrease on March.

Over the month, the picture was similar to that across the South East, where prices decreased 2.3%, and Winchester underperformed compared to the 1.9% drop for the UK as a whole.

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, No One said:

News saying -0.5%

What do you think the next prop will be?

Or will the public presentation of a pretty dire OBR forecast finally signal that the end of the road is in sight for limitless taxpayer-backed schemes?

• 2 weeks later...

When i see EA's doing property launches for shite 100 year old 3 bed semis that need a fortune spent on them you know the peak must be close, or has passed.

There will no doubt be some wankers turning up for this launch.

image.png.a706f20d8f3885bf947a64ea1d956b96.png

On 05/07/2021 at 10:54, HousePriceMania said:

If you want to see something totally insane

Sunak has broken the housing market.

It's frustrating. There’s very little coming onto the market in my search area. Admittedly I have a 'tight' budget of £140k and have a reasonable deposit to put down.

4 hours ago, No One said:

Rishi Sunak is supposedly going to address the nation about Interest Rates and Budget Deficits.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-9800479/Chancellor-Rishi-Sunak-braced-increase-bill.html

Possible game-changer

Sunak is arguably the greatest property bubble blower of them all. 15% at a time of national collapse is exceptional.

He won't address the nation with honesty, or raise interest rates ... well not unless the FED does first.

On 19/07/2021 at 14:28, Hancock said:

Sunak is arguably the greatest property bubble blower of them all. 15% at a time of national collapse is exceptional.

He won't address the nation with honesty, or raise interest rates ... well not unless the FED does first.

We know that's never going to happen, the Fed have said they won't consider raising rates until 2023 , can't raise rates during a Biden administration - at least not the first 6-12 months - and allow the economy to shit the bed with the subsequent fallout being on the Dems, instead they can try and blame it all on orange man bad in the meantime and spin that out as long as possible.  

Looks like the idea is to tax more and more, how wonderfully conservative, just raise NI a bit more, shake people down a bit more.

I'm doing all my can to reduce the amount of fucking tax these cunts get

2 hours ago, JFK said:

I'm doing all my can to reduce the amount of fucking tax these cunts get

Yes everything that drops into my business account goes into my SIPP, so there is fuck all left over for the taxman!

On 03/07/2021 at 19:40, Phil said:

your sums are correct.

There was a company i fancied working for and they had a job with an agency.I thought id go for it then get on with them once in.I went to the agency office and after filling in their crappy forms i was sat waiting and listening to them on the phone.The way they talked about the workers on the phone was disgusting.Then once phone down they were even worse.Pure scum.When he came over for the forms i told him not to bother,and i bet he didnt talk like that to other blokes out in a pub given how scrawny he was,the young lass looking away gave me a nice smile.Obvious she hated the little prick as well.

32 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

There was a company i fancied working for and they had a job with an agency.I thought id go for it then get on with them once in.I went to the agency office and after filling in their crappy forms i was sat waiting and listening to them on the phone.The way they talked about the workers on the phone was disgusting.Then once phone down they were even worse.Pure scum.When he came over for the forms i told him not to bother,and i bet he didnt talk like that to other blokes out in a pub given how scrawny he was,the young lass looking away gave me a nice smile.Obvious she hated the little prick as well.

Its a joke that companies must go via such shite braindead parasitic organisations, hand over huge sums of money so they can pay the man or woman doing the job a ravaged wage.

But they sum up the British parasite economy of the last 25 years to a tee!

23 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Tadah, scapegoat ahoy, near me one has just sold for 25% over what its worth, suspect to an ex-Londoner.

Don't buy into the housing hype: Half of those who recently moved say they regret paying too much

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-9806833/Half-moved-house-pandemic-regret-paying-much.html

Lets hope they did, no crash on the horizon at the moment.

On 05/07/2021 at 10:54, HousePriceMania said:

If you want to see something totally insane

Sunak has broken the housing market.

Yeah, its fucked up now.

Gone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57914323

_119520597_optimised-ons.housesales-nc.p

My local market was on its arse after Gidiots little btl con 15. Loads of morons rieh in for io btl, not reading the s24 change.

This time far more people have piled into a market that us going to be fucked by higher mortages, much higher unemployment, and the whole covid turmoil.

The only positive us that thus seems to be udiots cashing pensions and savings to buy houses.

Nu berry of mortgages have nit shifted so much. Csnt, mmr.

On 04/07/2021 at 04:40, Phil said:

your sums are correct.

I did a piece of work through an agency for a client a while back, because the client needed me to start immediately and their internal engagement department was shit.  The agency meant that I could start on the monday and the agency was liable re insurances etc (even though I have my own).

the agency was dire in terms of not knowing the law, doing background checks that were worthless, and getting payments wrong. serious ball ache.  client wanted me to extend, but I actually ended it as I couldn't stand giving the agency any more of my time.

If the client wants me again, it'll be on a direct engagement basis only.

4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I did a piece of work through an agency for a client a while back, because the client needed me to start immediately and their internal engagement department was shit.  The agency meant that I could start on the monday and the agency was liable re insurances etc (even though I have my own).

the agency was dire in terms of not knowing the law, doing background checks that were worthless, and getting payments wrong. serious ball ache.  client wanted me to extend, but I actually ended it as I couldn't stand giving the agency any more of my time.

If the client wants me again, it'll be on a direct engagement basis only.

I'm off to a big job in Bham city centre today. I'll meet the site team, walk the job etc. The mission statements the tier 1 guys give out to clients is all about the usual bs, quality, safety. The truth is, imo, they all use the same supply chain, and in turn they use agencies. It's just the way they get it done, on the back of people who dont have a choice ( skill sets are different) but to use agencies. 

Archived