DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Protocol for event testing

sarahbell

sarahbell

Everyone has a negative test prior to the event.

So what's the experimental protocol?

One infected person deliberately let in? 

Background rates are known approximately but are really rather low at the moment.

apples

Are they really testing spread of the virus?

Or people's behaviour?

Maybe they're not testing, but shaping people's behaviour. "Proving" that events are safe to go to.

Anything that gets rid of masks can't be all bad.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Stuey
4 hours ago, apples said:

Are they really testing spread of the virus?

Or people's behaviour?

Maybe they're not testing, but shaping people's behaviour. "Proving" that events are safe to go to.

Anything that gets rid of masks can't be all bad.

The third.

Getting ready to open up folks.

@Stuey

@The XYY Man

Turning the Subs positive...

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 2

Stuey
Just now, Errol said:

Prepping for the next wave. It's going to be like India by September.

It'll be like 1976 by September and we'll be World Champions in the footie as well. Burds will have spent July and August being anorexic for us as fat shaming will be back to save the NHS. Even Kirsty will be alluring...

Stuey
2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I have no idea.

What is a "Sub"....?

XYY

Sub forumites.

My wisdom will be removed to the Off Topic in dew coarse...

Stinky Wizzleteats
1 hour ago, eight said:

Saw leftfield at a festival once . The video of John lydon had more charisma than the live singers they had with them.

Also saw the man himself on tour a couple of years ago. Great performer, and in my opinion Public Image Ltd are very underrated 

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

wherebee
19 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Background rates are known approximately but are really rather low at the moment.

mass event testing won't work unless it can be done like an airport scanner.  Imagine 100,000 going into a big game.  As it is you get huge queues for bag searches, and those are not subject to errors, fuckabouts, and data mistakes, so no one kicks off.

It's a non starter, in my book.

• Agree 1

stop_the_craziness
Posted (edited)

Matt Hancock already getting excited about having a protocol for daily life testing.  Get ready for that little green tick to let you know whether today is a day you are allowed out in public or not. :wanker:

Daily tests could be 'viable alternative' to quarantine for people exposed to COVID-19 (msn.com)

Matt Hancock said: "This new pilot could help shift the dial in our favour by offering a viable alternative to self-isolation for people who are contacts of positive COVID-19 cases, and one that would allow people to carry on going to work and living their lives."

I'm particularly worried about the sentence in bold as there's lots of other meanings that could be read into it aside from the one it is supposed to convey.

Edited by stop_the_craziness
  • Agree 1

Dogtania

Yeah testing testing testing should become the new political mantra.

I saw a few people discussing it yesterday on a WhatsApp group.  One guy, already had his jab at first opportunity is showing no antibodies whilst his wife is, same jab same time, and is a bit concerned.  Someone else saying their dad who is a scientist had first jab and 3 weeks later it's a bit worrying that the tests are negative for anti bodies.  

Another guy posts picture of the free NHS antigen test device, there doing because it's free and why not.  Best response after picture was "is it a boy?".

These tests I didn't think work that well anyway, do you need to jab around your brain each time to get a result?  Don't want to be doing that regularly, haven't had to yet but guess I would at a push say to get abroad.  To go to a pub no thanks.

Ash4781b
2 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Matt Hancock already getting excited about having a protocol for daily life testing.  Get ready for that little green tick to let you know whether today is a day you are allowed out in public or not. :wanker:

Daily tests could be 'viable alternative' to quarantine for people exposed to COVID-19 (msn.com)

Matt Hancock said: "This new pilot could help shift the dial in our favour by offering a viable alternative to self-isolation for people who are contacts of positive COVID-19 cases, and one that would allow people to carry on going to work and living their lives."

I'm particularly worried about the sentence in bold as there's lots of other meanings that could be read into it aside from the one it is supposed to convey.

I was going to start a thread on telephone number spoofing as have to give out telephone numbers for all these visits (pubs, events, etc).  I suspect all sorts going on ranging from pretending to write details, fake numbers, giving out other people’s numbers for a laugh, and providing real details. I heard Jason Manford refer to it I think as test and grass which I was shocked he could say on the radio.  I was just on an event site and I need to type a real number so tried spoofing 012345 etc. Seemed to beat the checking on that site.

• Informative 1

2 hours ago, Dogtania said:

These tests I didn't think work that well anyway, do you need to jab around your brain each time to get a result?  Don't want to be doing that regularly, haven't had to yet but guess I would at a push say to get abroad.  To go to a pub no thanks.

Antigen tests will work from a blood sample.  

I'd have thought that they should be getting everyone to do this and use the results as the 'covid passport', and nothing to do with the vaccine.  Probably have each test being valid for 3 months or so.  

But they won't do that because it would show that too many people actually had covid (ie, less deadly) and that lots of people that have had the vaccine haven't developed antibodies (ie, unreliable vaccine).

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

The Generation Game
5 hours ago, wherebee said:

mass event testing won't work unless it can be done like an airport scanner.  Imagine 100,000 going into a big game.  As it is you get huge queues for bag searches, and those are not subject to errors, fuckabouts, and data mistakes, so no one kicks off.

It's a non starter, in my book.

I imagine it being like early series of Pop Idol where they'll just call out 100k names and tell them to go to one of two distinct areas. One of those will be told that, unfortunately, they've failed the LFT and have to go home. 

• Lol 1

Long time lurking
On 01/05/2021 at 09:20, sarahbell said:

It`s made up bollocks ,just like vax passes there is no logic to it 

Long time lurking
6 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

I was going to start a thread on telephone number spoofing as have to give out telephone numbers for all these visits (pubs, events, etc).  I suspect all sorts going on ranging from pretending to write details, fake numbers, giving out other people’s numbers for a laugh, and providing real details. I heard Jason Manford refer to it I think as test and grass which I was shocked he could say on the radio.  I was just on an event site and I need to type a real number so tried spoofing 012345 etc. Seemed to beat the checking on that site.

I have already sorted mine out 

image.thumb.png.fce0ae6d962fb74dd9960addb6830493.png

• Informative 1
  • Lol 3

Long time lurking
On 01/05/2021 at 14:58, Errol said:

Prepping for the next wave. It's going to be like India by September.

Ash4781b
1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Man United match cancelled as the fans have stormed the pitch and have been licking the goalposts etc, all the pitch is contaminated by the potentially unclean.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-glazer-protest-live-20509557

Aren’t they all on social media strike? Hoping to see at what Rashford’s view is? He’s also waiting to find out what to say too!

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Man United match cancelled as the fans have stormed the pitch and have been licking the goalposts etc, all the pitch is contaminated by the potentially unclean.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-glazer-protest-live-20509557

Going to be the summer of protest by the looks of things.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

eight
13 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Going to be the summer of protest by the looks of things.

Gary Neville on the verge of saying it's all linked.

• Informative 1

Yadda yadda yadda
3 minutes ago, eight said:

Gary Neville on the verge of saying it's all linked.

Of course it is. When the government breaks the rules of society people will try and rewrite those rules. Might not end up with the new rules the so-called elite envisioned.

• Agree 3