• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

A big event

https://www.facebook.com/events/697330860426004/

The Big Event is the Motability Scheme's biggest event of the year. Held over two days at EventCity, Manchester, it's your chance to see the largest ever display of Motability vehicles in the UK!

Admission: Free - No tickets required

Friday, 5 May 2017
Doors open 9am, event closes 4pm

More information can be found on our website -
www.motability.co.uk/thebigevent

13 hours ago, sarahbell said:

The Big Event is the Motability Scheme's biggest event of the year. Held over two days at EventCity, Manchester, it's your chance to see the largest ever display of Motability vehicles in the UK!

Friday, 5 May 2017

I bet it's a right bitch to get parking anywhere near the entrance. 

I used to work for a car body shop. Over half of the vehicles in for repair were motability vehicles, the problem we had was that only 1 of the 6 courtesy cars had been adapted. It caused big problems arranging repairs especially when someone crashed the adapted courtesy car.

20 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Friday, 5 May 2017

Crikey the fact that this is now event is very telling. 

Give it a few years and they'll have a ribbon.

6 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Crikey the fact that this is now event is very telling. 

Give it a few years and they'll have a ribbon.

I'd rather see some V8 muscle, than spaz chariots!

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Was crashing the courtesy car a regular occurrence?

I'm not a risky driver but I'm ultra careful with courtesy cars and only drive the bare minimum distance.

About 6 times a year. I think it was down to the motability insurance mindset. At the time there was no comeback if you crashed a car, you still paid the same for your lease. Whereas a private motorist would be bound by a no claims discount or a clause in their lease agreement that they pay for the 2nd at fault accident themselves. There was an element of entitlement, it was our fault that there would a 2 week wait for an appointment to fix their car, it would be our fault there weren't enough courtesy cars etc. Although I have sympathy for people with mobility issues, if you depend on a car then you should take care of it. Paying more attention when driving didn't seem to enter their minds. 

9 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

About 6 times a year. I think it was down to the motability insurance mindset. At the time there was no comeback if you crashed a car, you still paid the same for your lease. Whereas a private motorist would be bound by a no claims discount or a clause in their lease agreement that they pay for the 2nd at fault accident themselves. There was an element of entitlement, it was our fault that there would a 2 week wait for an appointment to fix their car, it would be our fault there weren't enough courtesy cars etc. Although I have sympathy for people with mobility issues, if you depend on a car then you should take care of it. Paying more attention when driving didn't seem to enter their minds. 

Six times a year?  That's massive given it would get less use than a normal car.

I had no idea about motability extending to insurance; I thought it was just for buying / leasing the car.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Six times a year?  That's massive given it would get less use than a normal car.

I had no idea about motability extending to insurance; I thought it was just for buying / leasing the car.

That's correct about once every 2 months, more in winter like most car accidents. Most of the people I dealt with were on an all inclusive lease, at the time there was a mobility allowance that covered all of the lease.