DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sarahbell

Question

sarahbell

Say I want to compare a series of items - and have (at least) two people sign off on them - without doing it manually sending things out and compiling is there a way of doing this?

I'm sort of thinking of google forms. Any other ideas?

6 answers to this question

steppensheep

I'm not going to be able to help, but I'd like to understand the question. Can you explain a bit more?

sarahbell
17 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

I'm not going to be able to help, but I'd like to understand the question. Can you explain a bit more?

I want to quality check some content before it goes out with our rubber stamp on it. We have a group of people qualified to certify the content is OK and meets our standards. 
I would like to have a system by which two people's agreement could indicate it was good to be given the stamp of approval.

So that I can add a huge list of content and people can work through it and approve it.

It's been suggested two people agreeing is enough - but I don't want to ask the same two people to do hundreds of items.

Andersen

How many items are you looking at? Do you want the list to keep old items to show your history (list will grow big over time) or just keep items in the process of being tested and some recent history?

In a perfect world, what you're asking for should be done with some kind of database (Microsoft Access is on a lot of PC's)

There should be something simple you can use online or download for free, I've asked a mate who is up-to-date ;) 

Easiest might just be to use a spreadsheet, put all your items in a list with columns called "Item name" - "First Tester ID" - "Second Tester ID". Extra columns to show dates tested would be sensible.

Put a filter on the list so your QC tester only sees items where "Second tester ID" is blank (item doesn't have 2 signatures yet) and "First Tester ID" is not their own name (so only items not yet checked, or where the first check was by somebody else).

Keep us updated :D

• Informative 1

sarahbell
On 11/05/2021 at 10:26, Andersen said:

How many items are you looking at? Do you want the list to keep old items to show your history (list will grow big over time) or just keep items in the process of being tested and some recent history?

In a perfect world, what you're asking for should be done with some kind of database (Microsoft Access is on a lot of PC's)

There should be something simple you can use online or download for free, I've asked a mate who is up-to-date ;) 

Easiest might just be to use a spreadsheet, put all your items in a list with columns called "Item name" - "First Tester ID" - "Second Tester ID". Extra columns to show dates tested would be sensible.

Put a filter on the list so your QC tester only sees items where "Second tester ID" is blank (item doesn't have 2 signatures yet) and "First Tester ID" is not their own name (so only items not yet checked, or where the first check was by somebody else).

Keep us updated :D

Filters... 
I'll go and google that and see what I can do.

reformed nice guy

What you need is a digital ledger. If each of the people that need to sign off dont trust each other then you can set it up so that consensus only occurs when all agree. When a decision is made you log it and create a hash which confirms that agreement but also displays all previous agreements. Then tweet it to Elon

• Agree 1