DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Black fungus post covid

sarahbell

https://twitter.com/i/events/1391701565552041995

Mucormycosis, or "black fungus", is a potentially fatal infection affecting COVID-19 patients in India, where doctors believe it may be triggered by the use of steroids. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has issued an advisory, saying that the infection has been affecting "people who are on medication for other health problems that reduce their ability to fight environmental pathogens."

• Informative 1
Chewing Grass

I've always thought that seriously distracting your immune system (one way or another) lets other things run riot.

'When the cats away the mice will play'

• Agree 2
Dogtania

I read earlier it was thought the heavy treatment of steroids was weakening patients immune system and making them more prone to developing.

Again it's one of these things that seem to be everywhere apparantly. Even on people but just never becomes a problem.

Mycology is another thing that just seems so poorly understood at the end of the day.

At least it's not prions.

Lightly Toasted

Mum was a doctor and vehemently against steroids. She saw them as addictive palliatives that gradually made the problem worse.

Just as well she retired young to have a family xD

• Agree 1
The Masked Tulip

Or it could be that inhaled steroids - asthma - are now said by lots of US doctors to aid recovery from covid. Thus TPTB need to scare people away from using them?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
Wahoo

Jim Hawkins was in his parents pub and saw Billy Bones get the black spot.     Nasty disease.

• Lol 3
Loki
1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Or it could be that inhaled steroids - asthma - are now said by lots of US doctors to aid recovery from covid. Thus TPTB need to scare people away from using them?

I remember seeing prednisone listed as a therapeutic, somewhere.  

The Masked Tulip
6 minutes ago, Loki said:

Yes. Hard to get hold of from docs currently I believe. Cheap. Common. Anti inflammatory.

• Informative 1
dgul

I think this story says more about India than it does about covid.

• Agree 4
  • 2 weeks later...
jamanda
On 10/05/2021 at 18:23, Loki said:

My dog is on this, so I'll be OK.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
ashestoashes
38 minutes ago, nirvana said:

this is popping up on twatter now, beeb reporting it too

50% mortality, maybe this is gates dream come true

• Informative 1
nirvana
1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

50% mortality

seriously! source? personally I think this is good, let's give the planet a chance and stop making animals extinct...:)O.o

• Agree 1
dgul
2 hours ago, nirvana said:

this is popping up on twatter now, beeb reporting it too

I think they're doing anything to make covid look very dangerous.

IMO this is why they're sticking with 'India variant' not B.1.617.2 -- they can report how bad things are in India*, and the majority say 'shit, that's the terrible and terrifying India variant -- better get jabbed', even though it is substantially the same as before (with added vaccine escape, so the jabs don't help so much).

This is the same.  As a scientist it reads like 'interesting -- India has a problem with something that looks like a local microbe that is taking advantage of the preoccupied immune system of those infected with covid'.  To the average person I think it is more like 'Arghhh!  India variant now kills some people with black gooo!  Jab me now!!!!'

[* 300,000 deaths reported today.  So on a per-capita basis that's like when the UK had 20,000 deaths or so.  I'm sure they could get to a million dead, and even then it would be a lower death rate than the UK.  Anyway, hopefully they'll vaccinate their most vulnerable to stop many of the deaths, so perhaps they won't make it to a million.]

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1