DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Thread for those who have had one of the Covid vaccines.

swiss_democracy_for_all

Have you had the jab(s)? (Anon)  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

swiss_democracy_for_all
Posted (edited)

Right, as nearly every thread is full of people saying they won't have it over their dead body etc, here's the opposite.

(No dickhead posts from rabid antis, please, there are plenty of threads where you've all made your opinions quite clear, and you may well be right, but you don't have to be right on this thread)

For those who have done the deed. :-

Which vaccine you had please?

Reasoning behind getting it. (if any)

Side-effects so far(if any)

I'll start.

Which vaccine Moderna, 1st dose, today a few hours ago.

Reasoning : I'm 56 with some cardio-vascular history so on the borderline of those where the risk balance makes it probably worth it IMO. Plus I both want and need to be able to travel by plane and across national borders, for leisure and work, this is clearly not going to be possible without getting a vaccine. I would certainly have resisted this if under 40.

Side-effects so far : some aches in left arm and slight tiredness.

Edited by spunko
  • Agree 9
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swiss_democracy_for_all

• ccc

• The Masked Tulip

• Stuey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had Az in late March. In a moment of lucidity, I decided I'd become a bit of tin foil hatter and I was being silly  and paranoid. Wife had Pfizer months previously without her mentioning  ill effect

This is the key point. The government can now produce whatever numbers suit their purpose. Need more cases? Increase the number of tests - false positives guaranteed. Want to show that

I had the AZ vaccine 4 or 5 weeks ago. The GP organised it locally.  I was very ill the evening after, through the night, and next day. Like a really bad flu. Tired for a week after.  I most

Posted Images

One percent
1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Right, as nearly every thread is full of people saying they won't have it over their dead body etc, here's the opposite.

(No dickhead posts from rabid antis, please, there are plenty of threads where you've all made your opinions quite clear, and you may well be right, but you don't have to be right on this thread)

For those who have done the deed. :-

Which vaccine you had please?

Reasoning behind getting it. (if any)

Side-effects so far(if any)

I'll start.

Which vaccine Moderna, 1st dose, today a few hours ago.

Reasoning : I'm 56 with some cardio-vascular history so on the borderline of those where the risk balance makes it probably worth it IMO. Plus I both want and need to be able to travel by plane and across national borders, for leisure and work, this is clearly not going to be possible without getting a vaccine. I would certainly have resisted this if under 40.

Have you a kill switch for if you suddenly cannot communicate with us for whatever reason?  

• Lol 1
Carcassion

Which vaccine you had please? Astra Zeneca

Reasoning behind getting it. (if any) Due to age/health at low risk of getting seriously ill from Covid so swapping one low risk for an even lower one.

Side-effects so far(if any) - none. Complete nothing burger. Had it a few weeks ago, maybe a slight tenderness at the vaccine site that you'd get from any injection, certainly less than when I last gave blood.

• Agree 1
crashmonitor
Posted (edited)

(1) AZN

(2) Didn't shake the Xmas 2019 cough virus off too well ( took til March 20). That's the one that everybody thinks was Covid but was a tad early. And as Hopeful keeps saying amateur athletes are at risk...guilty. I am the same age as Swissy

(3) Arm soreness..absolutely zero. But bad flu symptoms for one week and headaches and below par for a further two.

Probably shows I did have a  good immune response after all and I was being as indulgent as a twenty something female schoolteacher thinking I needed it.

Edited by crashmonitor
  • Agree 1
unregistered_guest

OK - have mentioned it before.

Pfizer (or a saline solution - not sure which). No side effects.

Had both jabs a few weeks apart.

Why? I still reckon, should the EU ever get their collective arse into gear over this Digital Green Certificate twattery, that this will be used to thin out the number of inconvenient third-country nationals taking jobs and benefits that would otherwise go to local residents during the impending post-pandemic economic depression.

Personally, I'd love to be proved wrong - even if our salvation turns out to be entirely due to the breathtaking incompetence of a gang of arrogant central planners in Brussels.

• Agree 1
Wahoo

AZN

Had very minimal reaction, but I did have covid last year so my immune system probably just wiped the vaccine out.

I'm a bit anxious about second jab as worked in haematology before retirement and you really don't want thrombocytopaenia followed by a fucking stroke.

Took jab because I want to live overseas

• Agree 2
swiss_democracy_for_all
1 minute ago, crashmonitor said:

(1) AZN

(2) Didn't shake the Xmas 2019 cough virus off too well ( took til March 20). That's the one that everybody thinks was Covid but was a tad early. And as Hopeful keeps saying amateur athletes are at risk...guilty. I am the same age as Swissy

(3) Arm soreness..abolutely zero. But bad flu symtoms for one week and headaches and below par for a further two.

Probably shows I did have a  good immune response after all and I was being as indulgent as a twenty something female schoolteacher thinking I needed it.

Covid antibodies have been detected in 111 out of 920-odd blood samples taken in Italy (for another reason) between early September and November 2019. So you maybe already had Covid, and your significant reaction to the jab would probably be for that reason.

• Informative 1
Mirror Mirror
53 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Plus I both want and need to be able to travel by plane and across national borders, for leisure and work, this is clearly not going to be possible without getting a vaccine. I would certainly have resisted this if under 40.

Which of course is what they want you to think.

The EU has already said that their green pass will be based on vaccination, previous infection or test, so I doubt Britain will do much differently.

But I fully appreciate if due to some pre existing health issues, age or any other reason, you think the vaccine is for you, then that’s your absolute right and I would never question that.

Hope I’m not coming across as a rabid anti dickhead, if you like and get back to me in the time allowed for edition of posts, I’ll delete it.

• Agree 2
swiss_democracy_for_all
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Which of course is what they want you to think.

The EU has already said that their green pass will be based on vaccination, previous infection or test, so I doubt Britain will do much differently.

But I fully appreciate if due to some pre existing health issues, age or any other reason, you think the vaccine is for you, then that’s your absolute right and I would never question that.

Hope I’m not coming across as a rabid anti dickhead, if you like and get back to me in the time allowed for edition of posts, I’ll delete it.

I can't afford to be adding 200 chf to my nearly-weekly journey for tests, plus the time consumed getting the tests done. Well, OK, maybe I could but I don't want to, that's in the order of 6k GBP a year for the amount I travel in "normal" times.

Oh - and being rabidly anti-Covid-vaccines doesn't make anyone a dickhead IMO, I understand the arguments. But pushing those views on this particular thread would be dickheadish.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all
  • Cheers 1
Chewing Grass
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Covid antibodies have been detected in 111 out of 920-odd blood samples taken in Italy (for another reason) between early September and November 2019. So you maybe already had Covid, and your significant reaction to the jab would probably be for that reason.

Forgot about that, had to really dig and remove covid from the search term to find it.

Edit:- In fact it is only showing up in the Mirror, NYTimes & Daily Mail.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chilling-map-shows-coronaviruss-spread-23108004

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=italy+september+detected+in+111+out+of+920

Edited by Chewing Grass
  • Agree 1
Mirror Mirror
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I can't afford to be adding 200 chf to my nearly-weekly journey for tests. Well, OK, maybe I could but I don't want to, that's in the order of 6k GBP a year for the amount I travel in "normal" times.

Yes understand, that’s my thought too. I’ve already spent a £ hundred or so on an essential trip I had to make, but saved the receipts, in case all this shite is later ruled to have been illegal and I can claim it back (yes I know).

Its a tricky one, but I can afford to sit it out for a good while yet. As far as I know I have no underlying health problems, and were it not for the coercion, there’s no way I’d even consider considering the vaccine, same as the one for flu; not even on my radar. 

I just can’t help but imagine how I might feel if in a couple of years there was a sudden widespread and impossible to ignore increase in young people getting Parkinson’s, or CJD, or similar, knowing I’d had a new tech gene therapy I didn’t want or need.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
  • Agree 2
swiss_democracy_for_all
29 minutes ago, Mash said:

I had Az in late March. In a moment of lucidity, I decided I'd become a bit of tin foil hatter and I was being silly  and paranoid. Wife had Pfizer months previously without her mentioning  ill effect, there was talk of covid passports and the family were dreaming of the med. The day after the jab, I was a vegetable, tired, not with it, arm ache and literal ball ache. It subsided, within a few days, but then I developed a headache not dissimilar to tension headaches I'd previously had. I had a sore neck, tinutus and blood every time I blew my nose, which was not consistent with my earlier headaches. Also I had eye ache and weird popping in my ears. I've been very fatigued and not with it fur the last month, more so than normal. My wife also admitted she has a bloody nose and stiff neck after Pfizer, which may or may not be coincidence. In all liklihood, my symptoms may be tension headaches and a random infection. But, I'm now back to being a tin foil hatter and wondering if I should skip the second dose. I still have the headache and tinutus. 

That doesn't sound like great fun. My French colleagues are all running scared of AZN and choosing other vaccines because it has a reputation of more significant side-effects, sounds like they might have a point.

Covid19 and life to go

Which: common sense.

Why: lacking in it so thought it might help.

Side effects: are now unable to follow simple instructions.

• Lol 1
Reck B
3 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread for this :Old:

Maybe amnesia is a side effect?

• Lol 3
swiss_democracy_for_all
3 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread for this :Old:

There could be - I looked, but didn't find it. If there is, then perhaps @spunko could merge them. (unless that one is over-polluted by screaming antis, I'd prefer to try and keep this thread for Dosbodders vaccination stories)

And I already had amnesia before the vaccine! :D

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Errol

Why would someone who had already had the vaccine be interested in the reasoning behind someone else having had it? It's not like you can change your mind or do anything about it.

• Agree 1
spunko
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Errol said:

Why would someone who had already had the vaccine be interested in the reasoning behind someone else having had it? It's not like you can change your mind or do anything about it.

Looking for inspiration for their eulogy of course.

(Joking)

Edit: I've added an anonymous poll.

Edited by spunko
The Masked Tulip
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mash said:

I had Az in late March. In a moment of lucidity, I decided I'd become a bit of tin foil hatter and I was being silly  and paranoid. Wife had Pfizer months previously without her mentioning  ill effect, there was talk of covid passports and the family were dreaming of the med. The day after the jab, I was a vegetable, tired, not with it, arm ache and literal ball ache. It subsided, within a few days, but then I developed a headache not dissimilar to tension headaches I'd previously had. I had a sore neck, tinutus and blood every time I blew my nose, which was not consistent with my earlier headaches. Also I had eye ache and weird popping in my ears. I've been very fatigued and not with it fur the last month, more so than normal. My wife also admitted she has a bloody nose and stiff neck after Pfizer, which may or may not be coincidence. In all liklihood, my symptoms may be tension headaches and a random infection. But, I'm now back to being a tin foil hatter and wondering if I should skip the second dose. I still have the headache and tinutus. 

If I were you having those symptoms I would be:

1. Taking a small dose of aspirin - perhaps half a 300mg aspirin - daily until those symptoms go away. I think 75mg, or a quarter of an aspirin is often used.

2. Taking 300 to 400 mg of magnesium citrate daily spread throughout the day. Magnesium citrate relaxes smooth muscle tissue, is anti-inflammatory, may play a part in preventing blood clotting and can help relax blood vessels.

3. Going to see my GP.

I am not a doctor. DYOR.

Edit:

4. I would be carrying a small pack of dispersible aspirin with me at all times. At first sign of problems I would dissolve 2 300mg - 600mg - aspirin under my tongue. That is the quickest way of getting aspirin into the blood.

Edited by The Masked Tulip
  • Informative 5
swiss_democracy_for_all
12 minutes ago, Errol said:

It's called taking an interest in other people, the way they think and their subsequent actions, you should try it.  I realise that as half the site are on the autistic spectrum somewhere that this idea may be difficult to grasp for some. ;)

• Lol 4
spunko
33 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

There could be - I looked, but didn't find it. If there is, then perhaps @spunko could merge them. (unless that one is over-polluted by screaming antis, I'd prefer to try and keep this thread for Dosbodders vaccination stories)

And I already had amnesia before the vaccine! :D

I couldn't find such a thread, but there might be one. Let's see if this one doesn't get, err, sidetracked... :Old:

dgul
1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

AZN

Had very minimal reaction, but I did have covid last year so my immune system probably just wiped the vaccine out.

I'm a bit anxious about second jab as worked in haematology before retirement and you really don't want thrombocytopaenia followed by a fucking stroke.

Took jab because I want to live overseas

The data suggests about 90% of the clot risk is in first dose (with AZ anyway).  

The clots are lowish risk anyway, so a 10fold reduction for #2 compared with #1 probably makes it not worth worrying about.

This is the 'what we know at the moment' -- I'll update if it changes.

• Cheers 1
swiss_democracy_for_all
15 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

If I were you having those symptoms I would be:

1. Taking a small dose of aspirin - perhaps half a 300mg aspirin - daily until those symptoms go away. I think 75mg, or a quarter of an aspirin is often used.

2. Taking 300 to 400 mg of magnesium citrate daily spread throughout the day. Magnesium citrate relaxes smooth muscle tissue, is anti-inflammatory, may play a part in preventing blood clotting and can help relax blood vessels.

3. Going to see my GP.

I am not a doctor. DYOR.

Stay near the toilet if following suggestion 2.

This is not to say that it's bad advice, I've no idea about that, but I thought it should be mentioned for @Mash's convenience and to avoid embarrassment.