DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Abused by a so called Hospital Angel.

Austin Allegro
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dillinger said:

So today I went into my local Hospital to cancel an appointment for my ex Wife, she couldn't get through on the phone.

This was about 10-30 am for an 1-30 appointment. 

Its an old Hospital and the Audiology department is far back along a corridor. 

I wore my mask and sat outside a door waiting. 

After 20 minutes the heat was really effecting me.

I have serious heart problems which affect my breathing,  I would be exempt but try my best to wear the mask.

I took the mask off, I had too.

The door opened and immediately the staff member demanded i put it on then also demanded evidence of my excemption. 

This tirade and it was that continued for a few minutes and she kept ordering me to get out.

Complained I was putting everyone's health in danger and saying I was sitting too close to an elderly man.

We were both sitting in the designated seats that then had left clear.

Yes I got annoyed and told her twice that she was a complete disgrace. 

She would not let me give my wife's name etc to cancel so I left after she closed the door and went back into the room.

I shall later the response from her Manager to my complaint. 

Ah! It was all my fault. 

I would be exempt but try my best to wear the mask.

Why? The masks are a ridiculous pantomime, but even the government allows for exemptions, so why wear one?

Plus the nurse has no right to ask for 'evidence of exemption', but if you want to avoid confrontation a lanyard is easy to get and just makes things a bit easier.

Compulsory mask wearing in many places - definitely in hospitals - is in my opinion here to stay, so no point waiting for it all to be over soon.

Best of luck to you and your ex wife.

Edited by Austin Allegro
  • Agree 8
LC1

:( Shameful behaviour. Unfortunately these little tyrants are drunk on power. Giving back as good as you get is the only way, unfortunately, but draining. 

BTW, very nice to do this for your ex!

• Agree 8
Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, LC1 said:

BTW, very nice to do this for your ex!

You are assuming the ex wanted her appointment cancelled.

Might just be a revenge thing.

• Lol 6
dillinger
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I would be exempt but try my best to wear the mask.

Why? The masks are a ridiculous pantomime, but even the government allows for exemptions, so why wear one?

To avoid an incident like this.

I spoke over the phone to a Manager and she was apologised about the way I was spoken to and said it was wrong. 

Another she talked to the Audiologist she called me back and blamed me.

1, I shouldn't have been there as I didn't have an appointment. 

2, I should have wore my mask, basically no matter what. 

3,  I didn't socially distance,  even though I moved into a corner at least two meters away. 

4, I was abusive to a staff member by saying she was a disgrace. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the Police turn here at my door as she is trying to cover the staff members arse. 

Edited by dillinger
  • Informative 2
Mash
Posted (edited)

I still harbour a grudge against hospital nurses, my then 2 year old son was critically ill in hospital, having arrested and been in picu for 5 days. I later had to sleep with him on the ward,  him plugged into a Sat's alarm when his oxygen got too low. Alarm duly goes off, 10 minutes later a nurse finally turned up. She Ignored the alarm completely, but removed the fan from his boiling hot room, saying the matron needed it as she was hot (fat, menopausal red faced, witch disgrace of a human being) left me speachless that the staff needs were put above the patients. On the plus side, despite mistakes. the doctors did save his life, so the nhs isnt all bad.... 

Edited by Mash
Typo
  • Agree 8
JFK
51 minutes ago, dillinger said:

To avoid an incident like this.

I spoke over the phone to a Manager and she was apologised about the way I was spoken to and said it was wrong. 

Another she talked to the Audiologist she called me back and blamed me.

1, I shouldn't have been there as I didn't have an appointment. 

2, I should have wore my mask, basically no matter what. 

3,  I didn't socially distance,  even though I moved into a corner at least two meters away. 

4, I was abusive to a staff member by saying she was a disgrace. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the Police turn here at my door as she is trying to cover the staff members arse. 

Counter this in writing and get in touch with the PALS service too. Cc complaint to the chief executive of the hospital 

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
Hancock
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dillinger said:

So today I went into my local Hospital to cancel an appointment for my ex Wife, she couldn't get through on the phone.

This was about 10-30 am for an 1-30 appointment. 

Its an old Hospital and the Audiology department is far back along a corridor. 

I wore my mask and sat outside a door waiting. 

After 20 minutes the heat was really effecting me.

I have serious heart problems which affect my breathing,  I would be exempt but try my best to wear the mask.

I took the mask off, I had too.

The door opened and immediately the staff member demanded i put it on then also demanded evidence of my excemption. 

This tirade and it was that continued for a few minutes and she kept ordering me to get out.

Complained I was putting everyone's health in danger and saying I was sitting too close to an elderly man.

We were both sitting in the designated seats that then had left clear.

Yes I got annoyed and told her twice that she was a complete disgrace. 

She would not let me give my wife's name etc to cancel so I left after she closed the door and went back into the room.

I shall later the response from her Manager to my complaint. 

Ah! It was all my fault. 

To me this stupid cow needs sacking.

What you need to do is get your phone out, show her the gov.uk website where it states you dont need to show proof ... or give her a cake.

As for NHS Angels i had an operation on my nasal turbinates and a deviated septum, it pissed out with blood like you would not believe, to the point where i was throwing up huge amount of blood, and blood was coming out of my eyes so i couldnt see, so they kept me in overnight.

I was truly fucked and the blood/sick bucket i was using fell onto the floor ... some African nurse came in going fucken mental claiming i'd  deliberately done it, she well and truly went beserk. ... and this was the nurse designated to looking after patients during the night.

What an absolute shit-show the NHS is. 

Edited by Hancock
  • Agree 8
  • Informative 1
Hancock
1 hour ago, LC1 said:

Not that you have to, but you could always get a lanyard.

spacer.png

Where can i get this?

• Agree 1
dillinger
27 minutes ago, JFK said:

Counter this in writing and get in touch with the PALS service too. Cc complaint to the chief executive of the hospital 

Cheers. I tried that but its only for England though I got a link for Northern Ireland and have sent someone! an email. 

27 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

If you can't get satisfaction

https://www.nmc.org.uk/concerns-nurses-midwives/support-for-patients-families-and-public/who-to-contact/

(assuming the "hospital angel" was a nurse of course)

Well an Audiologist. 

Cheers,  will check that out later.

• Cheers 1
dillinger
8 minutes ago, Andersen said:

@dillinger sorry to hear, I've got very little patience for petty folk on power trips so can sympathise.

In other news, have you seen ¬¬ https://www.who.int/news/item/11-05-2020-happy-international-nurses-day

Clown world O.o

Yes and I've texted into my local radio station twice giving them my story of how much of an Angel some are.

• Cheers 1
JFK

Asking the hospital chief executive if this is the standard of behaviour they condone from their staff and how it represents their organisation,  verbally abusing patients,  potentially discriminating against a disabled person. 

• Agree 2
dillinger
Just now, JFK said:

Asking the hospital chief executive if this is the standard of behaviour they condone from their staff and how it represents their organisation,  verbally abusing patients,  potentially discriminating against a disabled person. 

Its finding him/ her.

The Hospital is a small local non emergency one.

I have emailed the relevant Health Trust.

I have like faith though as I imagine its a bit like the Police policing the Police. 

Wight Flight
7 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

My daughter moved to the Dunfermline area last year. She got round to phoning a gp practice to register. 

She was told that she had to go on Monday at 8am and the first ten people would be given registration forms. If unsuccessful go back the week after.

Thinking back to last year when people were out clapping the nhs and that’s how they’re treating people who simply want to register with a gp. Disgraceful!

Would any other business treat new customers this way?

I know I wouldn't.

• Agree 2
ashestoashes
1 hour ago, Hancock said:

To me this stupid cow needs sacking.

What you need to do is get your phone out, show her the gov.uk website where it states you dont need to show proof ... or give her a cake.

As for NHS Angels i had an operation on my nasal turbinates and a deviated septum, it pissed out with blood like you would not believe, to the point where i was throwing up huge amount of blood, and blood was coming out of my eyes so i couldnt see, so they kept me in overnight.

I was truly fucked and the blood/sick bucket i was using fell onto the floor ... some African nurse came in going fucken mental claiming i'd  deliberately done it, she well and truly went beserk. ... and this was the nurse designated to looking after patients during the night.

What an absolute shit-show the NHS is. 

yup, heard a story a few weeks ago where the patients on a ward had to dial 999 to get the police to come and speak to a male african nurse who was going berserk on the ward overnight, kicking chairs over etc. 

dillinger
15 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Would any other business treat new customers this way?

I know I wouldn't.

Yes they do forget we are customers i suppose. 

• Agree 1
Wight Flight
15 minutes ago, dillinger said:

Yes they do forget we are customers i suppose. 

We absolutely are. They only get paid if you sign on with them.

They don't get paid for treating you.

It is a great business model if you can get away with it.

• Agree 1
Hancock
37 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

yup, heard a story a few weeks ago where the patients on a ward had to dial 999 to get the police to come and speak to a male african nurse who was going berserk on the ward overnight, kicking chairs over etc. 

I like to say i'm surprised .. she wasn't that bad but it was outrageously bizarre.

Thing is all the other nurses and doctors i met that day were spot on, but its that one i remember.

ashestoashes
13 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I like to say i'm surprised .. she wasn't that bad but it was outrageously bizarre.

Thing is all the other nurses and doctors i met that day were spot on, but its that one i remember.

seems to be a cultural thing, must be difficult to manage a ward with that and language issues never mind clinical differences.

dillinger

Just a thought folks 🤔.

Would i be able fo do a freedom of information thingie!  to request a record of the two calls involving that Health Manager?

And there is likely to be another one tomorrow. 

I'm assuming the calls will be recorded. 

• Agree 1