DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Covid inquiry in spring 2022

NewryH

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57088314

I wonder if the death toll will be revised down so it's not quite as bad.

The whole 'within 28 days' suddenly not used any more. It did it's job in creating fear, but now when the gov is held to task. 'Actually, there weren't that many'.

• Agree 3
dgul

I'm surprised they're going for spring 22.

There's a real risk that there'll be lots to worry about then. 

I'd have put it in summer '22, as that way it could be postponed in good time rather than at the last minute.

Stuey

I presume they'll be using the daft concept that spring is 21st March to 21st June, so over a year away.

Libspero
39 minutes ago, NewryH said:

'Actually, there weren't that many'.

Of course it will be revised down xDThey won’t want history to record that we had one of the highest infection and death rates in the world 9_9.

• Agree 1
Libspero

What exactly is the point of the inquiry?   What do they expect to uncover that isn’t already blatantly obvious to everyone? o.O

• Agree 1
sarahbell
14 minutes ago, Libspero said:

What exactly is the point of the inquiry?   What do they expect to uncover that isn’t already blatantly obvious to everyone? o.O

Someone wants to kick the government when really it's civil servants that need kicking

Cosmic Apple

This is good right, they normally announce these things when most the shit has already hit the fan?

fishman

I think I know the outcome already: should have locked down sooner and harder but all is forgiven because they did such a magnificent job with the vaccine roll out.

• Agree 6
maynardgravy

the inquiry will find that CV is institutionally racist and that in future, all deaths will be put on a one-armed black lesbian short-list.

with any luck.

ashestoashes
Posted (edited)

the terms of the inquiry will be so narrow that only one conclusion will be drawn and that will be that everyone did their best with the knowledge at the time and there should be improved global health/industry initiatives to better prepare for the next one.

Edited by ashestoashes
  • Agree 8
unregistered_guest
8 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

the terms of the inquiry will be so narrow that only one conclusion will be drawn and that will be that everyone did their best with the knowledge at the time and there should be improved global health/industry initiatives to better prepare for the next one.

So, we could save a whole load of time and money here by taking a copy of the Butler Report and just doing a global search and replace to swap Covid-19 for Saddam Hussein.

• Agree 2
Boglet

When I heard the headline about this inquiry I thought ‘yes, this is what we need, finally someone will shine a light on this whole ridiculous shitshow’

Then they played a few soundbites from interested parties who’ve lost someone, looking for ‘answers’

That’s when the penny dropped what it will really be for - to record in the books that this really was the disaster they have told us it was, the government did all it could and would have done more if it were possible.

• Agree 3
sarahbell
11 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

That's the best case scenario to come out of any inquiry.

Anything else leads people open to being sued. Which would be good for lawyers but not anyone else.

apples
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Boglet said:

When I heard the headline about this inquiry I thought ‘yes, this is what we need, finally someone will shine a light on this whole ridiculous shitshow’

Then they played a few soundbites from interested parties who’ve lost someone, looking for ‘answers’

That’s when the penny dropped what it will really be for - to record in the books that this really was the disaster they have told us it was, the government did all it could and would have done more if it were possible.

An official grieving process.

Like that chapel / memorial the papers were suggesting a bit back:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9573175/Boris-Johnson-backs-monument-campaign-woman-lost-father-virus-raises-24-000.html

People grieve, then they move on. This is the Government's equivalent to achieve closure, soulless vampire that it is.

Edited by apples
Hancock
Posted (edited)

Does it include looking at the reason they shut the nation down in the 1st place i.e Fergusons shite and failed modelling that no one bothered checking.

Or the other question such as was there actually a pandemic or epidemic or whatever scary word these fuckwits decide to use.

Personally i'd recommend buying your whitewash now as there will be a shortage come Spring/Summer 2022.

Edited by Hancock
  • Agree 1
sarahbell
15 minutes ago, apples said:

People grieve, then they move on. This is the Government's equivalent to achieve closure, soulless vampire that it is.

A government should not be anything else.

NewryH

I wonder how many times it will mention 'wonderful NHS'; 'heroic nurses'?  Probably a few 'sacrifices' as well.

MrPin
20 minutes ago, apples said:

Ah yes, a sort of funeral?

apples
12 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Ah yes, a sort of funeral?

"This has been laid to rest, you don't get to raise it again"

Like Blair and Iraq. There's a report if you really want to look back. But the Government has washed its hands and moved on.

• Agree 2
Snake Plissken

Like Iraq war and Grenfell, if there is any blame it will be on anyone but the government. Sage will have advised the government incorrectly and NHS made wrong decisions.

There will be no blame on the government as they were only 'doing their best in trying times'. Or some such bullshit.

It will also be continuously delayed as they don't want to distract people from their jobs while the crisis is ongoing. By then there will be another crisis.

sarahbell
2 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Like Iraq war and Grenfell, if there is any blame it will be on anyone but the government. Sage will have advised the government incorrectly and NHS made wrong decisions.

There will be no blame on the government as they were only 'doing their best in trying times'. Or some such bullshit.

It will also be continuously delayed as they don't want to distract people from their jobs while the crisis is ongoing. By then there will be another crisis.

When Sage gives advice the Govt should listen. And the NHS is autonomous isn't it? 

Snake Plissken

The NHS isn't autonomous its under Matt Hancock Department of Health and Social care.

SAGE is appointed and answers to the government, they get the advice they want.

Its like saying MI6 were independent when they produced the Iraq war dossier. The government were right to listen to MI6 and go to war.

• Agree 1
Austin Allegro
16 hours ago, fishman said:

I think I know the outcome already: should have locked down sooner and harder but all is forgiven because they did such a magnificent job with the vaccine roll out.

Yes. On the surface it looks like a bad grilling for the Tories, but they will use it to their advantage, they will say lessons have been learned that we did not lock down soon enough or hard enough. This enables them to gain huge amounts of power with public support, and they can use lockdowns, vax passports, movement control orders etc as often as they want, simply by massaging normal seasonal respiratory infection figures into a 'casedemic.'

Austin Allegro
1 hour ago, Hancock said:

Does it include looking at the reason they shut the nation down in the 1st place i.e Fergusons shite and failed modelling that no one bothered checking.

Or the other question such as was there actually a pandemic or epidemic or whatever scary word these fuckwits decide to use.

Personally i'd recommend buying your whitewash now as there will be a shortage come Spring/Summer 2022.

Of course not! There won't be any objective analysis of anything. It will be like Grenfell - lots of handwringing about how things were done wrongly, nothing at all about why there was any need for thousands of immigrants to be packed like sardines into taxpayer-funded accommodation in central London in the first place.