DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The latest tactic....the chance to win a million dollars

janch

One percent
1 minute ago, janch said:

Would this help to persuade you to get vaccinated?  Are we likely to see something similar in the UK?  I don't think this would work on me but I'm sure some would jump at the chance.............

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/ohio-offers-weekly-million-dollar-lottery-prize-vaccinated-people

That just screams of desperation and barrel scraping. 

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

Kilham

Or you could just buy a lottery ticket with zero risk.

Next stage must be direct bribes, maybe start at $100 and work up depending on takeup.

• Lol 1

ashestoashes
Posted (edited)

and we bring news today that the last unvaccinated person in the UK was jabbed today, it follows a 6 month operation carried out with full support of the joyfully jabbed militia. 

Mr Smith didn't go quietly and is now on a waiting list to repair his many small grazes and broken legs which will be an NHS priority after everyone has received their 5th jab. 

Edited by ashestoashes
  • Lol 2

King Penda
6 hours ago, Kilham said:

Next stage must be direct bribes, maybe start at $100 and work up depending on takeup.

5k I’m in or a season ticket to tingles

• Lol 1

I've been somewhat involved in 'encouraging people to take medical stuff' in the past and lotteries were absolutely disallowed -- they're considered to offer a complex incentive that's far greater than their monetary value, particularly for those with a 'gamble' mindset.  eg, you absolutely can't give someone £100 in scratchcards in a situation where £100 cash would otherwise be fine.

Of course, that's why they'll be doing it.  The fact that it contravenes the Declaration of Helsinki is presumably something they'll worry about later (or not).

• Informative 3

1 minute ago, dgul said:

it contravenes the Declaration of Helsinki

I'd probably never have known that if you hadn't posted.  Cheers.

• Cheers 1

apples
20 hours ago, Kilham said:

Since a lottery ticket costs a dollar or two, they must literally think people can be bought for that amount.

• Agree 1