DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

'incident' at Caernarfon Airport

WorkingPoor

Potential crash scene at Caernarfon AirportImage copyrightGWYNETH BELLIS Image captionHolyhead Coastguard said the Air Accidents Investigation Branch had been informed about the incident

Police are dealing with an "incident" at an airport in north Wales.

North Wales Police‏ said officers were called to Caernarfon Airport in Gwynedd at about 18:30 BST on Wednesday.

The ambulance and fire service have also been sent to the scene, but no further details are available at present.

One eyewitness told BBC Wales: "The plane was coming down far too quickly." Authorities have yet to confirm if there has been a plane crash.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-41180580

Suicide? Terrorism related? 

This is suspect:

Dogwalker Mark Hancock, a guest at the nearby Morfa Lodge Holiday Park, told the Daily Post he had seen what appeared to be a twin-engined plane crash.

He said: "The first thing I noticed was that the plane had no landing gear on. Then I realised it was going too fast.

"It came in and hit the tarmac and loads of debris came off it, it was a sort of belly flop and it bounced up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/06/pilot-dies-plane-crashes-caernarfon-airport/

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I went to a shout where the pilot had done just that.

I heard on the grapevine afterwards that he was newly qualified and had only recently acquired a plane. In his excitement (or something) he'd taken off forgetting to put fuel in the tanks. 

He did a lap of the airfield and stuffed it into a field about ten seconds later. 

I think the only positive to be gained from his point of view was that his lack of fuel meant he didn't explode on impact and burn to death.

That said, judging by the state of him when we got there, I doubt he lasted long enough to appreciate this small mercy.

Darwin Award candidate? 

Archived