DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Elbow bumping idiots

sarahbell

My elbow is half way up my arm.

My hand is at the end which can be extended away from my body about twice the distance my elbow can.

Which begs the question what dickhead thinks elbow bumping was a good idea.

I assume it means you didn't have to wash your hands again before you put fingers in your mouth. 

But as a key message from the pandemic was please wash your hands. Fucking madness.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1
Mirror Mirror

Completely agree, even though I’ve always been slightly revolted by a moist sweaty handshake, and it’s not always possible to wash your hands afterwards.

I know a couple who we meet quite regularly and the woman has embraced elbow bumping to the extent that she has her elbow ready extended when she is still several paces away from you.

I couldn’t care less about being closer to her for the second it takes for the elbow bump to be performed, for it’s just another depressing sign of how willing people are to be brainwashed into changing their behaviour and accept the NN (sorry I can’t bring myself to type that repellant phrase). It’s on a par with mask wearing as a visible sign of compliance with the bullshit.

Ive now vowed not to contribute to it and in future will just extend my hand and if there’s a stand off, I’ll suggest we should just stick to saying ’hello’.

• Agree 3
Funn3r

Did anyone watch the snooker a couple of weeks back, players sharing the space around a single table for hours and days at a time then doing the ridiculous elbow thing at the end.  

I agree with Mirror though I was never a fan of handshakes either.  For me it's either hugs and kisses or just stand back and say hello.

sarahbell
38 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Completely agree, even though I’ve always been slightly revolted by a moist sweaty handshake, and it’s not always possible to wash your hands afterwards.

75p because you're worth it

image.thumb.png.f3bae0553359624e0323affb1d5036ed.png

Mirror Mirror

Yeah I did think of sanitisers as I typed.

For me though the hand washing is psychological. It might make me feel better, but I can live with the idea that my hands might be covered in bacteria and viruses, after al we use them to touch things all day.

I’ve got a pretty good discipline to avoid poking at my face when I’m out and about, and I have an immune system 😀

sarahbell
5 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

For me though the hand washing is psychological. It might make me feel better, but I can live with the idea that my hands might be covered in bacteria and viruses, after al we use them to touch things all day.

I’ve got a pretty good discipline to avoid poking at my face when I’m out and about, and I have an immune system 😀

I've got a streaming cold today.

I can only assume I've not washed my hands properly. Have been in reasonably close contact with humans and out to Lidl. 

Upsettah

I always loathed shaking hands, but I loathe the Medico-Fascist dictatorship and the NH-SS even more, so now I do it whenever I get the chance. No adverse reactions from anyone so far :D

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 2
apples
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

image.thumb.png.f3bae0553359624e0323affb1d5036ed.png

Does it work on elbows? :)

Edited by apples
sarahbell
Just now, apples said:

Does it work on elbows? :)

You have to use your hands to apply it to your elbows, so why not just cut out the elbows?

Mirror Mirror
3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I've got a streaming cold today.

I can only assume I've not washed my hands properly. Have been in reasonably close contact with humans and out to Lidl. 

Who knows?

So much in epidemiology and disease management is counter intuitive, it could be that too frequent hand washing is actually a bad thing.

Maybe it removes oils from the skin which protect against pathogens.

Maybe you washed your hands at a washroom used by others and inadvertently infected yourself by touching the taps, hand dryer, exit doors after so doing.

Unfortunately, unless you’re going to seal yourself into an airtight bubble, you’re going to be vulnerable to catching a cold every now and then - a bit like covid.

Wish you a speedy recovery!

Wight Flight

I think the old Spock vulcan greeting could be due a revival.

apples
15 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

You have to use your hands to apply it to your elbows, so why not just cut out the elbows?

I was joking, but a sneering "have you sanitized that?" would be a great put down to any offered elbow.

Maybe there's money to be made in special elbow sanitizing products?

Hope your cold gets better quickly, if that's what it is. I had a suddenly streaming nose a few weeks back, couldn't work out if it was something viral (from where?), something in the air (hayfever / pollution from the sunny weather back then) or the start of a sinus infection. A couple of days, and it had gone away again.

Bedrag Justesen

Same women that flick their dripping fingers coming back to the office to make it clear they washed hands, now stink of sanitisers.

They smell like gin soaked pensioners.

• Lol 1
sarahbell
2 hours ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Who knows?

So much in epidemiology and disease management is counter intuitive, it could be that too frequent hand washing is actually a bad thing.

Maybe it removes oils from the skin which protect against pathogens.

Maybe you washed your hands at a washroom used by others and inadvertently infected yourself by touching the taps, hand dryer, exit doors after so doing.

Unfortunately, unless you’re going to seal yourself into an airtight bubble, you’re going to be vulnerable to catching a cold every now and then - a bit like covid.

Wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks! 

If you've ever used a public bathroom you are quite aware that people don't wash their hands before they leave. Which means leaving the room after cleaning hands is an interesting challenge.

Long sleeves, tissues, foot kicking the door etc.

The public are generally very bad at washing hands after using the bathroom. Even if they're in a restaurant. 

• Agree 2
SillyBilly

I wash my hands in the shower once a day. Any supplementary hand washing would be inefficient?

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1
sarahbell
28 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I wash my hands in the shower once a day. Any supplementary hand washing would be inefficient?

Are they the last thing you wash?

Van Lady
23 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I only wash my hands when preparing food or washing dishes or because I’ve been gardening. I don’t have a shower but I have a bath when I feel it’s needed. Not every day but do have a good wash in the evening and morning of important sweaty bits.

Never use hand sanitiser and have just continued to interact with my environment touching gates, produce in shops, cash, cash machines etc

I’m of the belief that being too clean is detrimental to immunity.

• Agree 6
Option5
4 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I only wash my hands when preparing food or washing dishes or because I’ve been gardening. I don’t have a shower but I have a bath when I feel it’s needed. Not every day but do have a good wash in the evening and morning of important sweaty bits.

Never use hand sanitiser and have just continued to interact with my environment touching gates, produce in shops, cash, cash machines etc

I have a bath every year whether I need it or not :Old:

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 2
SillyBilly
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

For some it is a form of health anxiety, they're terrified. @ Twycross zoo you won't see the apes using wet wipes once they've been on the ropes. We are only a blink of an eye away from them in evolution. Quite how people get so paranoid about "germs" I don't know, perhaps like yourself I am sceptical; these people actually bring illness on themselves IMO when they finally meet a germ.

Edited by SillyBilly
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
Option5
1 minute ago, SillyBilly said:

For some it is a form of health anxiety, they're terrified. @ Twycross zoo you won't see the apes using wet wipes once they've been on the ropes. We are only a blink of an eye away from them in evolution. Quite how people get so paranoid about "germs" I don't know, perhaps like yourself I am sceptical that these people actually bring illness on themselves. 

I wonder sometimes of apes get dismayed at what some of them have evolved into?

"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man."

H L Mencken

• Lol 1
Van Lady
2 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

For some it is a form of health anxiety, they're terrified. @ Twycross zoo you won't see the apes using wet wipes once they've been on the ropes. We are only a blink of an eye away from them in evolution. Quite how people get so paranoid about "germs" I don't know, perhaps like yourself I am sceptical that these people actually bring illness on themselves. 

I think a lot of people never really thought about “germs” until the current 1+ year of mass insanity and hysteria.

They thought they were safe and clean by using products advertised to rid them.

Possibly now many have realised that life is basically full of germs, bacteria, virus and disease with the capability to snuff us out if unlucky?

I was brought up in simpler times when life was accepted on life’s terms. Acceptable cleanliness personally and in the home and environment but don’t be too clean.

Haven’t changed my mind on that approach over my 60+ years and especially now with mass avoidance of social interaction and obsessive sanitiser everywhere.

• Agree 1
dgul
10 hours ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Your hands are covered with your particular microflora (bacteria, yeasts, whatever).  Sure, you pick up other stuff during the day, but your microflora should dominate.

Now, your microflora should change with the seasons and years, and it isn't necessarily benign (for you or for those you interact with), but it probably isn't so bad (otherwise you'd have problems).

Frequent hand washing disrupts your microflora and gives an opportunity for other bacteria, yeasts, etc to start to take over.  So, if you've not got any issue with your microflora why risk disrupting it so other stuff could take over, that might actually cause problems?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't wash your hands after the lav or whatever -- just that we've got many thousands of years of evolution for a certain environment, and then all of a sudden we're scrubbing our hands every time we enter or leave a shop.

• Agree 2