DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

wherebee

So - I have a blinging headache, runny nose, temperature, etc etc.

If I was in the UK, no doubt I'd be mivered to go get checked out for COVID.  As it is, the odds are a million to one here and I have dosed myself with Vit D,C,Zinc for weeks and have a strong immune system, so fuck that for a game of soldiers.  Interestingly, this is 3-4 days after I had to go into Melbourne for something on public transport - not been ill for months before this.

Honey in tea today, more supercharged zinc, staying warm, should be over it by tomorrow.  Isolating from family to minimise spread.

My point is - viruses are always around human populations.  A strong immune system and healthy diet are the best defence, but I know if I was in a panick stricken UK everyone would be telling me to go get tested.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 2
wherebee
41 minutes ago, Stuey said:

The worst point of this is that you started with "so".

Short for "Stuey OFUCKOFF" :P

• Lol 3
Stuey
2 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Short for "Stuey OFUCKOFF" :P

I get that a lot...

• Lol 5
Mirror Mirror
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, wherebee said:

If I was in the UK, no doubt I'd be mivered to go get checked out for COVID.  As it is, the odds are a million to one here and I have dosed myself with Vit D,C,Zinc for weeks and have a strong immune system, so fuck that for a game of soldiers.  Interestingly, this is 3-4 days after I had to go into Melbourne for something on public transport - not been ill for months before this.

Honey in tea today, more supercharged zinc, staying warm, should be over it by tomorrow.  Isolating from family to minimise spread.

My point is - viruses are always around human populations.  A strong immune system and healthy diet are the best defence, but I know if I was in a panick stricken UK everyone would be telling me to go get tested.

Please go and get tested.

There’s already been a few spontaneous outbreaks of covid in Oz and who knows, even though it’s probably a cold the NFFP* PCR test might throw up a positive based on whatever viral fragments it was presented with.

And it would be funny to watch Australia lock down again over 1 false positive as it flails around, trying to pursue an unachievable zero covid policy. xD

* Not fit for purpose 

Edited by Mirror Mirror
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2
Democorruptcy

Start putting your affairs in order, you could be dead in a fortnight.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 2
sarahbell

You will be shunned if you leave the house with germs. Unclean! Unclean!

JoeDavola

PM me your account password so I can continue your legacy here when you snuff it in a fortnight.

• Lol 5
mattydread
1 hour ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Please go and get tested.

There’s already been a few spontaneous outbreaks of covid in Oz and who knows, even though it’s probably a cold the NFFP* PCR test might throw up a positive based on whatever viral fragments it was presented with.

And it would be funny to watch Australia lock down again over 1 false positive as it flails around, trying to pursue an unachievable zero covid policy. xD

* Not fit for purpose 

What are you on about?

I live in Australia & have never been locked down:)

• Cheers 1
Wight Flight
7 hours ago, wherebee said:

I would get tested, but only because it would be nice to know I had it, and also having proof that I have had it may come in useful one day.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
wherebee
23 minutes ago, mattydread said:

What are you on about?

I live in Australia & have never been locked down:)

that's because you live in western australia where even the germs won't go.

• Lol 3
ashestoashes
3 hours ago, Stuey said:

The worst point of this is that you started with "so".

and he raises his pitch at the end of every sentence

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4
mattydread
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, wherebee said:

that's because you live in western australia where even the germs won't go.

Canberra yer daft cunt!

We don't let the flotsam and jetsam scummers in like you dirty, big city fuckers :Jumping:

Edited by mattydread
dgul

Well, there is something going around.

Probably a good chance that it's covid.

It wouldn't do any harm to do a 5 day increase in vitD, although you're probably already okay in that regard.

It might help to take some ivermectin, but that's been banned for your safety.

wherebee
19 minutes ago, mattydread said:

Canberra yer daft cunt!

We don't let the flotsam and jetsam scummers in like you dirty, big city fuckers :Jumping:

They don't lockdown canberra because most of the inmates should be in a prison anyway and they don't want to give the rest of Australia a roadmap...

mattydread
16 minutes ago, wherebee said:

They don't lockdown canberra because most of the inmates should be in a prison anyway and they don't want to give the rest of Australia a roadmap...

To be fair, this is a piss poor thread to be started here.

You should've started this bollocks in the "I didn'y know post this load of shite in thread"

@spunko Lock this pile of steaming poo up!

spunko

I want to live in Australia just so I can troll my family by pretending that I'm living +12 hours in the future and scare them with stories about what's about to come.

• Lol 10
Wight Flight
6 minutes ago, spunko said:

I want to live in Australia just so I can troll my family by pretending that I'm living +12 hours in the future and scare them with stories about what's about to come.

I'm living 10 years in the past and I am really not looking forward to the future.

• Agree 2
wherebee
2 hours ago, mattydread said:

To be fair, this is a piss poor thread to be started here.

You should've started this bollocks in the "I didn'y know post this load of shite in thread"

@spunko Lock this pile of steaming poo up!

yeah, I know, but it struck me as I was having my 5th cup of tea with honey in that if I was in the UK - as many family and friends are - i'd be expected to treat a normal illness very differently.

anyway, not dying, it'll be burned off tomorrow.  Just need a night of sweating it out.

• Cheers 1
Wight Flight
23 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Just need a night of sweating it out.

Get yourself an Indian.

My personal favourite cure.

Getting a bit of bad press at the moment though.

• Lol 1
steppensheep
4 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

I would get tested, but only because it would be nice to know I had it, and also having proof that I have had it may come in useful one day.

I was quite excited by talk of vaccine passports here, as they were planning on including "recovered", but it turns out you have to have had it in the last six months. Probably the same with the vaccines, to be fair.

• 2 weeks later...
wherebee

well, still the tail end of the sick; that's 10 days.  not really much for the past 2 days, but interestingly I realised that I was complaining about the lack of taste in coffee on saturday - maybe more viruses than COVID affect the taste and smell?  My local cafe owner swore blind he gave me two shots...

None of the rest of the family got it.  If you are dosing up on Vit C, D, Zinc, etc, does that decrease the amount of viral shedding as your immune system kills more, quicker?

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, wherebee said:

I realised that I was complaining about the lack of taste

You are in Australia.

Isn't lack of taste a prerequisite for entry?

• Lol 3
wherebee
1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

You are in Australia.

Isn't lack of taste a prerequisite for entry?

That's what your wife told me, yeah.....

MrXxxx
On 16/05/2021 at 07:50, Democorruptcy said:

Start putting your affairs in order, you could be dead in a fortnight.

Well officially its 28 days for it to be `counted`:-)