Jump to content
DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

IGNORED

Jazz


Bilbo

Recommended Posts

Had a search and could only find one reference to Jazz and that was a derogatory remark by @ninjaborrower.

why not try New Orleans Suite by Duke Ellington, one of my all time favourite albums.

 

First track but you need to listen to whole album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ninjaborrower

Jazz is to music what jackson pollock is to art. Utter chaos. No form or order,typical tavistock subversion

 Trick people with gershwin to hook them in then subvert

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jazztraveller
15 minutes ago, ninjaborrower said:

Jazz is to music what jackson pollock is to art. Utter chaos. No form or order,typical tavistock subversion

 Trick people with gershwin to hook them in then subvert

No wonder I’m named after it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jazztraveller
On 20/05/2021 at 23:14, Van Lady said:

 

Oh God, Diana Krall. My absolute crush circa 2000 - on all levels :x

Shame she married that leftie tosser Elvis Costello :PissedOff:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jazztraveller said:

Oh God, Diana Krall. My absolute crush circa 2000 - on all levels :x

Shame she married that leftie toast Elvis Costello :PissedOff:

Diana Krall is a superb jazz musician. Yeh, Costello definitely bagged a good one. Not sure how their marital status or relationship is doing these days.

I like loads of Diana’s live performances. Superb!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

 

"Jazz is musical wanking."  Joey "The Lips" Fagan, The Commitments (1991).

 

XYY

A good quote, but I disagree. Aslo there is some good C&W, but not all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Give over Johnny Dankworth.

Jazz is for people with out-of-tune trumpets...

 

XYY

Too many notes for you eh?

I find the usual stuff rather good, but I do draw the line at chainsaws, and fridge noises.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The XYY Man said:

:)

It's not that there's too many notes.

It's the propensity for the number of beats in a bar to suddenly go from Imperial to Metric...

 

XYY

Keeps you on yer toes. not many do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bobthebuilder
15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

:)

It's not that there's too many notes.

It's the propensity for the number of beats in a bar to suddenly go from Imperial to Metric...

 

XYY

My old man was a jazz fan, he used to play jazz in 1960s Soho, I used to try and take him to jazz gigs when he would visit me in London. I remember standing outside the Vortex club in Stoke Newington about to pay to go in when he stopped me and said, "sounds like the piano is falling down the stairs, lets go somewhere else ".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

@Theboltonfury is a jazzer if he is still around.

I am not a fan because at root it is simply too "difficult" for me like Stockhausen with his atonality.

This is music for musicians and I am a mere listener.

I'm only an amateur musician.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Don't put yourself down like that Pinny.

I'm only an amateur gynaecologist...

 

XYY

Ain't we all, except for the posing posh shaving device, gym workout, coffee machine narcissitic gayboy set?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ninjaborrower
4 hours ago, MrPin said:

Too many notes for you eh?

I find the usual stuff rather good, but I do draw the line at chainsaws, and fridge noises.

Pin, theres to many notes and they are not played in the right order (quote morecambe wise)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheBlueCat
9 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

@Theboltonfury is a jazzer if he is still around.

I am not a fan because at root it is simply too "difficult" for me like Stockhausen with his atonality.

This is music for musicians and I am a mere listener.

It’s way, way, better live. I didn’t get it at all until my dad took me to see a no-name bunch of session players do a gig in a dingy basement in Leeds when I was about 15. Listening to an improvised tenor sax solo that went for at least 10 minutes and built to an amazing peak sitting ten feet from the band was an almost religious experience it was that good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

:)

It's not that there's too many notes.

It's the propensity for the number of beats in a bar to suddenly go from Imperial to Metric...

 

XY

 

Just for you 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...