DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Vaccine escape!

M S E Refugee

Yet another day of despondency,

I have been looking at how to escape this totalitarian Country.

Has anyone got any ideas of where to go?

Florida would be my first choice but I believe you can only stop there for 6 months at a time.

I'm nearly 49 and I have stupidly tied up most of my money in Pensions which can't access until I am 55.

Panama is pretty easy to get into but I haven't looked into their Covid restrictions yet.

Maybe I ought to ask Ron DeSantis for political asylum.

• Agree 2
Wight Flight
9 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Florida would be my first choice but I believe you can only stop there for 6 months at a time.

Are you single?

• Lol 1
Democorruptcy
9 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I'm nearly 49 and I have stupidly tied up most of my money in Pensions which can't access until I am 55.

Panama is pretty easy to get into but I haven't looked into their Covid restrictions yet.

Pension freedom age going up to 57 in 2028, even if it doesn't change again you must be already be borderline?

https://www.ftadviser.com/pensions/2020/09/03/govt-confirms-pension-freedom-age-hike-to-57/

M S E Refugee
2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Are you single?

Just me the Wife and the Dog.

Wight Flight
Just now, M S E Refugee said:

Just me the Wife and the Dog.

You will need to ditch at least one. 

Pick your favourite.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 10
M S E Refugee
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

You will need to ditch at least one. 

Pick your favourite.

Probably the Dog:D.

Edited by M S E Refugee
M S E Refugee

I am in the process of getting Polish Citizenship and should receive it in the next couple of months but I don't whether Poland will be any less draconian than the UK.

• Informative 1
Democorruptcy
5 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I am in the process of getting Polish Citizenship and should receive it in the next couple of months but I don't whether Poland will be any less draconian than the UK.

There's a lot of stuff on youtube about how to qualify for residency in various places.

Costa Rica is easy, $60k in the bank as a "rentista". Re covid they have been more relaxed about letting people in, no jab or negative test required just medical insurance. Unfortunately they now have more people in ICU than they had ICU beds. Restrictions include your car only being allowed on the roads on certain days based on the last digit of the reg number.

• Informative 3
M S E Refugee
8 minutes ago, dgul said:

There is no escape.

How bad do you think things will get?

Internment?

Stuey

All this will pass. You'll see. Maybe only a few more weeks.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1
Carl Fimble
8 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Yeah, it's just to flatten the curve. 

xD

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1
Carl Fimble
11 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

How bad do you think things will get?

Internment?

We either listen to this guy or we end up, well...

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."

Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

This shit has happened before.

Only this time the Bolshevik Revolution is global. 

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1
Wight Flight
1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

We either listen to this guy or we end up, well...

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."

Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

This shit has happened before.

Only this time the Bolshevik Revolution is global. 

At least he got reasonable treatment on the Cancer Ward.

• Agree 1
Carl Fimble
Just now, Wight Flight said:

At least he got reasonable treatment on the Cancer Ward.

That's hardly a substitute.

M S E Refugee
12 minutes ago, Stuey said:

I'm really not sure this is going to pass.

Carl Fimble
1 minute ago, M S E Refugee said:

It will, we just have to get more people vaccinated, then we can go back to normal. Though we'll still need to wear masks, and social distance, and not hug unless the government has said it's ok to. We can build back better I think, the new normal will be better. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2
Chewing Grass
17 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Yep, has to pass before the web of deceit becomes too big to cover up, if it doesn't its 2030 baby here we come.

Stuey
10 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

It's just a final blow off top before the mania subsides. A lot of people will be walking back the things they said for the next decade. Lloyd Webber for example.

• Agree 1
M S E Refugee
Just now, Stuey said:

It's just a final blow off top before the mania subsides. A lot of people will be walking back the things they said for the next decade. Lloyd Webber for example.

I hope you are right and this is the darkness before the dawn.

• Agree 2
Mirror Mirror
1 hour ago, M S E Refugee said:

Good post, covers a lot of my concerns.

Ive only half jokingly talked about claiming political asylum in Florida.

But the big question is where can you go? I’m looking round but I think things need to settle more before you can make an informed decision. I’m thinking that wherever you go, it’s got to be quite a bit more relaxed than where you are, both to make the move worth while, and because it’s easier to deal with laws and Karen’s in your own country and language.

Ive been saying it a while, I know, but the way the future is going to map out must slowly be getting clearer, ie once majorities get vaccinated, either things get more back to normal, and it was all over reaction, or they don’t, and then fuck knows?

I don’t think there’s going to be internment camps and the like, if the world isn’t going to go full on NWI communism, the first country to actually do that is going to see a major outflow of people and investment.

But beware, I wouldn’t at all put it past TPTB to make you think dreadful things are going to happen. The government has already demonstrated that its happy to use psychological terror tactics on its own people.

• Agree 5
Chewing Grass
5 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

But the big question is where can you go?

You would be pretty safe here as long as you get along with the locals in the Albatross Bar'.

1693280616_Screenshotfrom2021-05-1911-11-53.thumb.png.2df7d59ec2c998ca585c824f67a990c8.png

• Lol 1