DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Hancock

As i've given up on the NHS, looking for alternative ways to sort out the inflammatory of my trachea.

Got acupuncture booked for this week, and was looking to buy some tumeric tablets.

Anyone know of worthwhile tablets, or is it just easier to take 1/4 of a teaspoon of whats on the herb and spice rack a couple of times a day

Roger_Mellie
42 minutes ago, Hancock said:

As i've given up on the NHS, looking for alternative ways to sort out the inflammatory of my trachea.

Got acupuncture booked for this week, and was looking to buy some tumeric tablets.

Anyone know of worthwhile tablets, or is it just easier to take 1/4 of a teaspoon of whats on the herb and spice rack a couple of times a day

Make some golden paste and put it in the fridge. Turmeric, coconut oil and pepper. Bizarrely, a teaspoon of it is quite nice in a glass of milk. 

• Cheers 1
SpectrumFX
38 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I take these ones.

https://www.nutravita.co.uk/products/organic-turmeric-curcumin-with-ginger-black-pepper-for-superior-absorption

If I'm honest I haven't got a clue whether they're helping or not.

I also take fish oil supplements, which are also supposed to help with inflammation. I take these ones.

https://www.seven-seas.com/en_IE/home/product-finder/seven-seas-jointcare-active-capsules.html

These certainly do help me, because if I stop taking them for a couple of weeks my joints go stiff, and I'm an achey mess.

Vitamin D is supposed to help as well, but I'm not sure if this is just if the inflammation is immune system related or whether it helps with more general inflammation.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1
Hancock
ccc

I've got the tablets with black pepper. I do think they are literally the same stuff you get in the turmeric packets. 

Well if so then so be it. 

You can just get the raw root from your local effnic store. Bloke told me last time I got it that it was doing a roaring trade. Just stick in hot water or your tea or whatever. I slice it finely and put in my spicy soups. 

Tastes ok raw actually. 

Stuey

If the gym is catching up with me, I'll have a curry with extra turmeric, black pepper, garlic, chilli flakes, fresh ginger, etc. A teaspoon of each

And not plan on seeing anyone the next day...

• Lol 1