DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Turmeric

Hancock

The Grey Man
4 hours ago, Stuey said:

My tea tonight was chicken, hummus, and three whole beetroots... :Old:

I'll be shitting red tomorrow xD 

Everynow and then I get a pickled beetroot craving.

Kill a jar in an hour.

Beeturia. A blossom pink wee for the rest of the night.!

3 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

Everynow and then I get a pickled beetroot craving.

Kill a jar in an hour.

Beeturia. A blossom pink wee for the rest of the night.!

Strangely it never affects my weewee, just my poopoo.

I now fancy a jar of pickled onions :ph34r:

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

Tonight's curry...

Half the head of a broccoli, boiled with 

1 tsp turmeric

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp dried chilli flakes

2 tsp salt

Then add into the pan and residual water

1 tbsp tomato puree

1 can of chicken in white sauce

Simmer for ten mins

tenor.gif

• Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...
haroldshand
On 19/05/2021 at 20:47, Hancock said:

As i've given up on the NHS, looking for alternative ways to sort out the inflammatory of my trachea.

Got acupuncture booked for this week, and was looking to buy some tumeric tablets.

Anyone know of worthwhile tablets, or is it just easier to take 1/4 of a teaspoon of whats on the herb and spice rack a couple of times a day

I had a really bad bout of joint pain and thought this was a sign of worse to come a few months ago.. started taking Tumeric curcumin capsules and they seem to be working a treat, unless I just got lucky and sorted myself out... still taking them now

On 24/08/2021 at 20:11, Roger_Mellie said:

Not one of these then:

:Sick1:

image.png.0edaf48602d5c9830b93a2170925af92.png

I suspect that'd crisp up quite nicely though...

Anyway, inflammation.

I do the turmeric & black pepper & capsaicin thing to reduce inflammation. But also avoid NSAIDs like Ibuprofen as they apparently block 'good inflammation' too.

I wish I recalled what was the difference between good and bad inflammation. I expect the reality isn't as simple as this thread suggests at times...

• spunko changed the title to Turmeric
17 hours ago, Stuey said:

I suspect that'd crisp up quite nicely though...

Anyway, inflammation.

I do the turmeric & black pepper & capsaicin thing to reduce inflammation. But also avoid NSAIDs like Ibuprofen as they apparently block 'good inflammation' too.

I wish I recalled what was the difference between good and bad inflammation. I expect the reality isn't as simple as this thread suggests at times...

Its been a while but I think the last few times I've been to A and E with a swollen ankle or whatever - they don't recommend the ice as much anymore. They have changed their tune and see it as your body working to do something to leave it be. Read that a few other places I think. 

47 minutes ago, ccc said:

Its been a while but I think the last few times I've been to A and E with a swollen ankle or whatever - they don't recommend the ice as much anymore. They have changed their tune and see it as your body working to do something to leave it be. Read that a few other places I think. 

I bet the whole of the RICE thing is bollocks really.

1 minute ago, Stuey said:

I bet the whole of the RICE thing is bollocks really.

Yep. I usually go against most of what the NHS recommends in terms of sports injuries - but if they even changed their tune after years of encouraging it that says a lot. 

I've also not been to the physio for ages too. But I do remember a few of them saying similar years back. 

The basic logic to me makes sense. Your body is doing it for a reason. Leave it be.