DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

So .... they've thrown young people under the bus...

spygirl

... to protect OAPs.

Yet the News at 10 is interviewing loads of OAPs pushing on 9n holiday.

'I've been double jabbed....'

• Agree 4
dgul

Well, their insistence in getting everyone double jabbed will lead to the vaccine escape that'll lead to them all getting terrified again and quite a few of them dying.

A Pyrrhic victory for them.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 3
ashestoashes

they've got no get up and go, everything on a plate, we used to have to walk to a broken phone box when we were young

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2
Wight Flight
1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

they've got no get up and go, everything on a plate, we used to have to walk to a broken phone box when we were young

What a coincidence.

We walked to a phone box and broke it.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 2
ashestoashes
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

What a coincidence.

probably why they invented mobile phones so everyone could break their own one

Wight Flight
13 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

probably why they invented mobile phones so everyone could break their own one

Never got the hang of them. Couldn't work out how to get the pips.

• Lol 1
The Grey Man

You know things are wrong when as a coffin dodger you are fighting for the youth.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2
Hancock
9 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

You know things are wrong when as a coffin dodger you are fighting for the youth.

I was speaking to a lad at the place i was working he is about 20, i said its all a load of bollocks ... then he have me a  reply that made me smile; saying its so bad i've been able to come into work everyday since it began, i can order a pair of shoes from JD, get anything i want from Amazon etc..

Then i mentioned about having 70/80 weekends taken off you in your 20s that can never be replaced.

To which he replied, yes when i'm 35 as if i will be wanting to boogying on down on the dancefloor ... i thought 35s not old you've still for it in you, but in reality you havent by then the games up and you've lost that invincibility you have in your early 20s.

• Agree 5
stokiescum
10 hours ago, dgul said:

Well, their insistence in getting everyone double jabbed will lead to the vaccine escape that'll lead to them all getting terrified again and quite a few of them dying.

A Pyrrhic victory for them.

Have we crossed the rubicon yet

feed

The young always get thrown under the bus in a war.
They should be grateful they’re not bloated corpses in some muddy Belgium field or South East Asian jungle.  

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1
Yadda yadda yadda
7 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I was speaking to a lad at the place i was working he is about 20, i said its all a load of bollocks ... then he have me a  reply that made me smile; saying its so bad i've been able to come into work everyday since it began, i can order a pair of shoes from JD, get anything i want from Amazon etc..

Then i mentioned about having 70/80 weekends taken off you in your 20s that can never be replaced.

To which he replied, yes when i'm 35 as if i will be wanting to boogying on down on the dancefloor ... i thought 35s not old you've still for it in you, but in reality you havent by then the games up and you've lost that invincibility you have in your early 20s.

Did a 20 something year old really say "boogying on down on the dancefloor"?

Can't regain those weekends. In my 20s I was often out very late midweek and still at work the next day. Definitely can't do that at 35. Any 20 year old now needs to be doing illegal parties. You can't get the time back.

• Agree 3
Hancock
Just now, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Did a 20 something year old really say "boogying on down on the dancefloor"?

Can't regain those weekends. In my 20s I was often out very late midweek and still at work the next day. Definitely can't do that at 35. Any 20 year old now needs to be doing illegal parties. You can't get the time back.

I paraphrased, but it was something close.

Straingone
11 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Sugary drinks are bad for you.

• Lol 1
apples
13 minutes ago, feed said:

They should be grateful they’re not bloated corpses in some muddy Belgium field or South East Asian jungle. 

Here's real totalitarianism in a real war from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shtrafbat

Pursuant to Order No. 227, any attempt to retreat without orders, or even a failure to advance was punished by barrier troops ('zagraditel'nye otriady') or "anti-retreat" detachments of the Soviet special organization known as SMERSH (Smert shpionam), Russian for "Death to spies".[1][2] Blocking detachments positioned at the rear would use heavy-handed discouragement towards retreat, but the most likely way that a soldier or officer would interact with a barrier troop was not through being cut down by a Maxim, but through arrest and drumhead court martial.[1][9] As a result, with nowhere else to go, the penal battalions usually advanced in a frenzy, running forwards until they were killed by enemy minefields, artillery, or heavy machine-gun fire. If the men survived and occupied their objective, they were rounded up and used again in the next assault.[2]

Stalin didn't like you? You were going to get shot, didn't matter whose gun did it.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
Carl Fimble
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Never got the hang of them. Couldn't work out how to get the pips.

That reminded me of a little Viz cartoon, couldn't find an image online but found this :

"Bloke on phone: I have to go darling, I can hear the pips.

4 blokes in spangly suits behind him singing 'Midnight train to Georgia'. "

pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=797944&i=100

Edited by Carl Fimble
Sp
  • Lol 4
Hancock
25 minutes ago, apples said:

Here's real totalitarianism in a real war from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shtrafbat

Stalin didn't like you? You were going to get shot, didn't matter whose gun did it.

There are many kinds of totalitarianism. 

• Agree 1
apples
1 hour ago, Hancock said:

There are many kinds of totalitarianism. 

Agreed. Also degrees of totalitarianism, it's not all or nothing.

What do young people have to fear from telling Boris to fuck off?

Not a very short life as a "minefield trampler"!

fooked
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

What a coincidence.

We did the same, but not before we smashed a window, pissed in the corner and used the Yellow Pages to organise a few plumber call-outs for our neighbours with the deepest voice we could muster at 13!

Edited by fooked
  • Lol 2
Rowley
6 hours ago, feed said:

19... NNNNN Nineteen

• Cheers 1
dgul
7 hours ago, stokiescum said:

We're at the very gates of Rome.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
Hail the Tripod
10 minutes ago, dgul said:

We're at the very gates of Rome.

Boris Johnson in his book “A dream of Rome” quotes Princess Amidala from Star Wars:

So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

• Informative 2