DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Lockdown performances

Erewhon888

I haven't seen any other reference to the increasing number of lockdown performances which I've been enjoying. Some are concert length, some are single piece, some are Internet collaborations, some are very creative. I've discovered that you can still buy tickets after the event is over and has been archived. One I've enjoyed this evening is not behind a paywall but it's easy to pay "a tip" via a link in proportion to your enjoyment which beats the proposition for the real thing. 

Here's one to start which is highly entertaining and works well on headphones at highest volume and with accompanying beverage. Tipping is possible at https://devintownsendshop.com/collections/ocean-machine/products/tipping using Paypal.

DTMark

The one that would have won. A voice bigger than the stadium.

• Cheers 1
One percent

Apparently some organisation called the BBC have appropriated Whitby abbey for some kind of virtual concert. 

Erewhon888

Took me a while to find this little gem again since I happened on it by chance and had never heard of either singer.

Apparently, they are both "power metal" singers but decided to have a little fun over Skype.

image.png.b1f93a2e54395c161ece10c7a3523ddf.png

Takes about a minute to get going and then the fun starts

• Agree 1
Erewhon888

Just found another one. At the beginning there is a brief mention of a synchronisation app/program they are using but no name is given. Maybe "metal" singers got bored with opera while training or are getting ready to move on from "metal" to opera. I wonder which way the wind is blowing?

• Agree 1
MvR

Not just lockdown performances, but if you like great songs from the last 70 years, sung and played brilliantly, Josh Turner Guitar is a channel you can binge on. 

Erewhon888

Videos from Bandmaid lockdown concert now appearing. No audience but scope for guitar lessons from Misa and Kanami.