DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

More reliable and cheaper test for Covid?

ashestoashes

mine sniff the discarded masks and then pee on them, bit more training required

• Lol 2
Caravan Monster

"PCR test served as a control" Might be a problem?

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1
Democorruptcy

It's old news, maybe they are getting us ready for dogs to finally come in over here?

janch
34 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

It's old news, maybe they are getting us ready for dogs to finally come in over here?

Missed that.  You're right.  The amount spent on testing so far with dubious results plus the environmental waste of it all could be saved by dogs though, especially if they're dogs already owned by the public who will feed them and clear up after them:)

• Lol 1
Wight Flight
14 minutes ago, janch said:

Missed that.  You're right.  The amount spent on testing so far with dubious results plus the environmental waste of it all could be saved by dogs though, especially if they're dogs already owned by the public who will feed them and clear up after them:)

https://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk/covid-19-detection-dogs-in-the-presence-of-royalty/

janch
2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I must have been asleep as I see that's dated Sept 2020.  Why aren't they being used at the ports/airports then as stated in the article.  Is it because they want to keep us in a perpetual state of fear so they can carry on with lockdowns/quarantining etc to make it as difficult and expensive as possible to keep us all at home so we can't go abroad on holiday?  Or are there dogs being used and no-one has reported on it?

Bus Stop Boxer
Posted (edited)

If someone invents a "spit in this cup" test i may relent for a trip abroad.

If not, i'm never engaging with the fuckery.

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer
  • Agree 2
BWW
1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

Now I know why mine tries to eat them. It's because yours pissed on them.

From the quoted link:

"All you have to do is wear a mask for three hours and nylon socks and a t-shirt for 12 hours"

So it only catches those in  nylon?

• Informative 1
Wight Flight
6 minutes ago, janch said:

I must have been asleep as I see that's dated Sept 2020.  Why aren't they being used at the ports/airports then as stated in the article.  Is it because they want to keep us in a perpetual state of fear so they can carry on with lockdowns/quarantining etc to make it as difficult and expensive as possible to keep us all at home so we can't go abroad on holiday?  Or are there dogs being used and no-one has reported on it?

It is going on worldwide. Hawaii seems to be leading at the moment.

stokiescum
2 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

Be excellent to get them on the tube

• Lol 1
stokiescum
1 hour ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

I’ve felt rough for 3 days has not even crossed my mind to have a test in fact I’ve not had one in the 14 months.hot a cold shivers eating like a horse but off me beer for 4 days .I’d rather me off food if I’m honest

• Informative 1
ashestoashes
40 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I’ve felt rough for 3 days has not even crossed my mind to have a test in fact I’ve not had one in the 14 months.hot a cold shivers eating like a horse but off me beer for 4 days .I’d rather me off food if I’m honest

shall we do a dance tik tok for you ?

• Lol 2
stokiescum
1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

shall we do a dance tik tok for you ?

Would you I can send donuts or give u clap er a clap

• Lol 1
Alonso Quijano
Posted (edited)

Do we have a figure % on PCR false positives?

Knowing the cycle rate used would be useful.

The 'Informed Consent' that did not happen both in vaccination and testing will mean that in the not too distant future the 'PPI'-class ambulance chasers are going to be making a fortune*.

We are going to need a bigger block caller memory bank!

*There will be a certain irony in that the vaccine pushers will likely become the Co-vax Mis-selling pushers.

Edited by Alonso Quijano
  • Agree 1
unregistered_guest
On 21/05/2021 at 15:22, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Oddly enough. That was one of the options provided by work.

Bit fiddly.

Gob into cup A. Extract 4 drops of spit using pipette B and place into receptacle C. Add 5 drops of reagent using pre-filled sealed dropper D. Shake the contents of receptacle C to ensure they are thoroughly mixed and empty into tank E. Watch the liquid creep up blotting paper F to show your test result.

Can only do it first thing in the morning.

Two weeks after jab #2, no further tests needed.

Bit disconcerting that even straight after the jabs there were no stray antigens picked up by the test. 

Trouble is, although that was good enough for work (they supplied the kits); as others have pointed out in other threads, it's still a bit of a free-for-all as to which tests will be classed as 'valid' by different EU states.

Which could render the digital green/Covid certificate app about as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot - should they actually get their act together by the end of next month. Still, at least this week they finally agreed on its name.