DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

MSTR - Microstrategy

goldbug9999

goldbug9999

So essentially 70% bitcoin ETF 30% actual business.

Given bitcoin is getting low and MS's core business is booming it seems like it could be worth a punt. Will be buying some soon, looking to keep some powder dry to average in if bitcoin price falls even more.

image.png.c84582bee5f1425eb47a5547dd67a845.png

• 4 weeks later...
goldbug9999

$604 - 30% up in last 5 days, all you bitch ass moaners wanting exposure to BTC through a broker, well here it is

Edited by goldbug9999
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

On 14/06/2021 at 17:25, goldbug9999 said:

$604 - 30% up in last 5 days, all you bitch ass moaners wanting exposure to BTC through a broker, well here it is

The problem is, it's a leveraged play.

If I own one bitcoin, I know I always own one bitcoin and can ride out any real lows. MicroStrategy run the risk of complete wipeout if bitcoin stays low for a substantial period and they cannot meet their debt obligations (the notes pay something like 6%?).

I've been tempted but so far my sense is telling me to stay away. 

goldbug9999
49 minutes ago, aoxomoxoa said:

If I own one bitcoin, I know I always own one bitcoin and can ride out any real lows. MicroStrategy run the risk of complete wipeout if bitcoin stays low for a substantial period and they cannot meet their debt obligations (the notes pay something like 6%?).

I agree that actual bitcoin is preferable in most cases to bitcoin related stocks, but MSTR is a useful proxy where that isn't possible or convenient.

Green Devil
5 hours ago, aoxomoxoa said:

I think they are up on the news that MSTR is buying more bitcoin, another 400mill from a stock dilution offering.

• 1 month later...