DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

OMFG - We cant go on holiday to Germany

spygirl

spygirl

BBC was leading with this.

Being allowed to go to Spain was later in the news report.

• Lol 1

King Penda

Is it noted for its hot weather fabulous beaches or it’s obsession with being in control of the rest of Europe 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 6

Chewing Grass

I can't imagine anything less fun than going to Germany for a holiday, might be OK if you are young and single as a one off.

• Agree 1

Popuplights
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

germany's a great place for a holiday, friendly, good food and beer and nice order to the place

Yah. You vill sit in der rows unt enjoy your biers. 

That was tongue in cheek, I have been to Germany on holiday many times and enjoyed it, but as @spygirlsays, it's hardly of great concern to the scummers and drossers is it? 

Edited by Popuplights
  • Agree 3

Hail the Tripod
5 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Sounds dreadful.

8ECB51BB-9C2B-4E03-89CF-A226DA8FEA36.jpeg

• Agree 2
  • Lol 6
  • Cheers 3

spygirl
6 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

That was tongue in cheek, I have been to Germany on holiday many times and enjoyed it, but as @spygirlsays, it's hardly of great concern to the scummers and drossers is it? 

Ive stayed with family in Germany.

Its interesting but offers limited appeal to 90%+ of brit holiday makers who go on hliday to get away from crap weather.

The only interest Ive ever heard is people wanting to go to Oktofest an getting pissed up wit busty ompla lumpah wimmin.

• Cheers 1

M S E Refugee

About 4 years ago I was in Cologne and it was more like the Middle East.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

The Grey Man
3 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Sounds dreadful.

8ECB51BB-9C2B-4E03-89CF-A226DA8FEA36.jpeg

A fine set of jugs. If she would only move those two glasses.

• Agree 3

The Masked Tulip

They want to isolate the Brits as part of Merkel's evil promise to secure every sunbed in the Med for Germans.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

DownwardSpiral

Both Hamburg and Berlin are seen as hip and trendy destinations for the young (Hamburg is superb). I am an infrastructure crank so enjoy travelling around Germany (the quirky Wuppertal monorail etc). In general though Spy, I take your point that the scummers wouldn’t go to Germany.

• Informative 1

The Masked Tulip

My new leather shorts finally arrived this morning. Damn those Germans, afraid of a good old British knobbly knee.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

King Penda

I suspect any holiday abroad is a huge gamble at the moment pitfalls include 2 weeks quarantine on arrival and after you get back or simply a local curfew cancellation is the least of your worries 

spunko
1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

I suspect any holiday abroad is a huge gamble at the moment pitfalls include 2 weeks quarantine on arrival and after you get back or simply a local curfew cancellation is the least of your worries 

People that don't understand odds have mostly been jabbed. Be interesting to see if the same people who don't understand odds think that Priti Patel's handful of henchmen will be following them and the other 3m Brits, making sure that they'll shutting themselves in for 2 weeks. 

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1

Anglepoise

Fabulous beaches along Germany's Baltic Sea coast, but please don't tell too many people!

coastal-path-too-beach-with-sun-summer-darss-west-beach-prerow-darss-KKR8X9.jpg

sarahbell
33 minutes ago, Anglepoise said:

Fabulous beaches along Germany's Baltic Sea coast, but please don't tell too many people!

coastal-path-too-beach-with-sun-summer-darss-west-beach-prerow-darss-KKR8X9.jpg

You do know we call the freezing cold 'baltic'

• Agree 2

Anglepoise
2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

You do know we call the freezing cold 'baltic'

Its glorious there in summer. Go every year in August (well, not this year or last!)

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Long-game
15 hours ago, DownwardSpiral said:

Both Hamburg and Berlin are seen as hip and trendy destinations for the young (Hamburg is superb). I am an infrastructure crank so enjoy travelling around Germany (the quirky Wuppertal monorail etc). In general though Spy, I take your point that the scummers wouldn’t go to Germany

Visited Berlin two years ago, stayed in the posh bit, imho busy dirty city that looked more like a mix of Brum and East Moscow, good beer though, many migrants and apart from the Brandenburg Gate and a few other bits it was a disappointment. 

onlyme
13 hours ago, dgul said:

I now have an immense desire to go on holiday in Germany.

Taking the Lancaster or the Spitty?

• Lol 2

M S E Refugee
1 hour ago, Anglepoise said:

Its glorious there in summer. Go every year in August (well, not this year or last!)

We often go to Sopot, Poland on the Baltic coast and it's fantastic, the Water is lovely and warm and quite shallow for a fair way out.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

spunko

German towns and cities are absolute shitholes but most people know and expect this. Loads of Turks plus heavy industry and litter everywhere; some interesting architecture can be found in the "Old Towns" but they have often been rebuilt after WW2 and aren't originals.

I haven't been to Black Forest nor the German Alps, but they both look much much better than the industrial east and west. North Germany looks okay, if a bit boring. I'd hop over the border to Poland personally, its much cleaner and more, err, white.

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1