DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

stokiescum

What’s this worth I sense scam has I suspect he has advertised nationally I suspect .it went up 30 mins ago however I’m only 8 miles away so would collect in person if there’s a decent profit in it 

F63B2743-CA33-41A8-8920-416CC7BF7277.png

Sucralose Ray Leonard

You fucking Hipster

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
stokiescum
40 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

You fucking Hipster

No just wondered if I could make a profit but it appears that’s it’s value so it can stay there .ps just seen a cracking penny farthing 

Andersen

I love old stuff like that - but the value is often a lot less than you would think, sad that the fact it's survived for nearly a hundred years doesn't affect it's value.

MrPin

I think I did a paper round on something like that. 3 speeds, Wooooo!

dgul
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I think I did a paper round on something like that. 3 speeds, Wooooo!

Why would anyone need more than 3 speeds?  That's slow, medium and fast.   Or perhaps flat, uphill and downhill.

Of course, that's just for women and children -- real men only ride with a single speed.  In the words of the great Henri Desgrange, originator of the Tour de France:

I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft... As for me, give me a fixed gear!

I am over 45, and thus allowed to ride bikes that use derailleurs.

Edited by dgul
Chewing Grass
On 22/05/2021 at 17:58, stokiescum said:

What’s this worth I sense scam has I suspect he has advertised nationally I suspect .it went up 30 mins ago however I’m only 8 miles away so would collect in person if there’s a decent profit in it 

F63B2743-CA33-41A8-8920-416CC7BF7277.png

Can tell from the stand that he deals in bikes, there are a couple of blokes who do to the North & East of Stoke, the other one usually takes pictures in his garden and tends to do 50s-70s stuff.

He has really nice old stuff.

I like this one.

1636083295_Screenshotfrom2021-05-2319-55-23.jpg.56f516f2e47a23340dfa0a3a802133f5.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/the_souk_uk/m.html?

stokiescum
3 hours ago, Andersen said:

I love old stuff like that - but the value is often a lot less than you would think, sad that the fact it's survived for nearly a hundred years doesn't affect it's value.

I could have got 20 Coalport figures the other day for 250 .they were 60/80 each 30 years ago.certain things are dropping out of fashion has certain demographics die possibly or they might have gone out of fashion.but 30/40 years ago they were a focal point in many houses

stokiescum
5 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Can tell from the stand that he deals in bikes, there are a couple of blokes who do to the North & East of Stoke, the other one usually takes pictures in his garden and tends to do 50s-70s stuff.

He has really nice old stuff.

I like this one.

1636083295_Screenshotfrom2021-05-2319-55-23.jpg.56f516f2e47a23340dfa0a3a802133f5.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/the_souk_uk/m.html?

Yep I found him on eBay after I posted then figured dealer good luck to him