DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Dominic Cummings Book of Revelations

The Grey Man

The Grey Man

Dominic Cummings is set to give his view on the government and COVID handling this Wednesday.

He has let lose a series of twatty tweets last night, hinting at what he has to say.

I give you Sky News here as it has been such a toady suck up to the government.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-dominic-cummings-claims-ministers-backed-covid-herd-immunity-and-lockdowns-could-have-been-avoided-12314246

First the tinfoil stuff. Is this a set up? A double bluff. I thought Doms Skunk Think tank was getting funding to go ahead. The point is that he may not be seen but he is very certainly around the main stage and active. So why the bad guy role...yeah...follow the MSM line ..he is out of favour with the Court.

I kick myself here, but I had some second thoughts about Cummings.

Reading the SAGE meetings minutes from pre lockdown 1 was like looking at a  mothers meeting. Every major issue was just defferred to another meeting with no concept of deadlines.

A potential own goal was with the international flights and SAGE essentially said too late. Of course the clock is unable to be turned back. Read those minutes though. Watch where SAGE crap themselves and say let us take minutes for public viewing.

I do not recall the exact date..mid Feb 2020 in the notes, only then did a senior bod from central gov. turn up.

Dominic Cummings. Thereafter a  Ben something or other also started to attend from DC's group. Deadlines appeared shortly after.

Hence my view of DC changed a little. I am not saying what happened after was correct, however SAGE had a kick up the ass at this point. 

So back to DC and Wednesday. I think there is a small possibility this is being dressed up as against central government. Note Sky News reporting. A very big cheerleader for BJ's regime. Why the apparent change in tone?

This I think is just bluff allowing a defence of going for SAGE in the next few weeks.

The reasoning fairly obvious, in my view, Vaccines. New variants....all along those lines. We have threads on this.

I think this a charade with DC playing a villain to introduce a bigger one. We will see.

• Agree 2

Bricks & Mortar

It is interesting.  I'm about 6 beers to teh wrong side of a decent comment tho.  (sat night, yo)

bang this in here.  For the twats

sarahbell

TBH the rumours Boris was trying to finish (writing) a book so he could afford his divorce are hysterical. 

ashestoashes
4 hours ago, sarahbell said:

TBH the rumours Boris was trying to finish (writing) a book so he could afford his divorce are hysterical. 

much ado about nothing you think ?

• Lol 2

Bricks & Mortar

I think its posted as a distraction from the real news that the India variant has evolved to partially escape the AZ vaccine.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

sarahbell
1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

much ado about nothing you think ?

I don't know if it was a biography of Dickens ir whether someone was making a terrible pun.

ashestoashes
1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

I don't know if it was a biography of Dickens ir whether someone was making a terrible pun.

oh, thought it was shakespeare

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

If I had been around 172 years ago, he would have been my neighbour.

As would Miss Haversham.

But I wasn't, so I can confirm I never met him.

• Informative 1

Caravan Monster

I call bullshit on Cummings. The MSM have been telling us for years about what a powerful genius of management, politics and campaigning he is, even got his own docudrama on the so called to show us again, but not much in the way of clear evidence to confirm what he's actually achieved. Other than sort of getting rid of king of the Civil Service Mark Sedwill, did he actually make reformative changes to the machinery of government? I'm too thick to understand the intricacy of whatever he's wibbling about in those tweets but the general gist seems to be his normal line that technocratic intervention in society is good; the more, the better. 

Is he just another well connected oxbridge PPE set chancer with a bit of talent for media? I can't help wondering if the autist thing is at least partly an act to sell him as a genius. The little of his writings I've seen are mostly pretentious technocracy themed gibberish littered with management science theory and obscure academic references to show how widely read and clever he is.

Who is he currently working for? I assume he's about to pull some media stunt to promote his employer's agenda.

• Agree 3

Libspero

I liked Dom,  he seemed a disruptive force for good and something very much needed in Whitehall.

This all now seems undignified and unnecessary.   

Why is he suddenly airing all of his laundry in public like this?  I expected better of him..

• Agree 6

swiss_democracy_for_all
2 hours ago, Libspero said:

I liked Dom,  he seemed a disruptive force for good and something very much needed in Whitehall.

Why is he suddenly airing all of his laundry in public like this?  I expected better of him..

Either an ego thing, he’s still cross about being supplanted by Carrie and co, or it’s a distraction thing he’s been asked to perform, possibly even by Boris. There may be much bigger fish to fry if journalists were smart enough to know where to look - I’d begin by following all the money “invested” in vaccine development and in PPE procurement. There’s no end to the deviousness/shamelessness  of these cunts. 

• Agree 6

The Grey Man

Mr Cummings speaks tommorrow.

Bearing in mind how the uk media have been largely unquestioning in COVID management I am of the view this is a charade.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-25/dominic-cummings-will-allege-boris-johnson-said-covid-is-only-killing-80-year-olds

I picked ITV here. Does that headline scream a fact? Yep. Is it going to go down well..and if not who benefits. Give it a week I guess to find out.

Notna big footy fan but this is not defence. This is mid field play to set up a goal and it won't be ya boo sucks to the government. It allows, in my view, the idea of how decisions were made and whom was listened to.

The bigger question then is why now? Who will be the real target? Cummings is just setting something up.

• Agree 5

17 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

Bearing in mind how the uk media have been largely unquestioning in COVID management I am of the view this is a charade.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-25/dominic-cummings-will-allege-boris-johnson-said-covid-is-only-killing-80-year-olds

I picked ITV here. Does that headline scream a fact? Yep. Is it going to go down well..and if not who benefits. Give it a week I guess to find out.

Notna big footy fan but this is not defence. This is mid field play to set up a goal and it won't be ya boo sucks to the government. It allows, in my view, the idea of how decisions were made and whom was listened to.

The bigger question then is why now? Who will be the real target? Cummings is just setting something up.

Boris is the target. Cummings is in bed with Gove.  Cummings wants back in, in a Gove lead government.   

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

One percent
4 minutes ago, feed said:

Boris is the target. Cummings is in bed with Gove.  Cummings wants back in, in a Gove lead government.   

Yes, i have it on good authority that Gove is gay and has a marriage of convenience. o.O

• Informative 1

King Penda
On 24/05/2021 at 02:16, Libspero said:

Is he being forced to .he could want to do for Whitehall what boris wants to do with the bbc.there job is surpost to be nutural and to work with any government but it’s rammed with left wingers who will happily undermine the torys.that cunt bercoe was surpost to be nutural but drove to work with I love the European Union on it and did everything possible to fuck things up

• Agree 1

Libspero
5 hours ago, feed said:

He could have picked a better ally..  Gove is smarmy and, IMHO, unelectable.  I can’t imagine a Gove government any time soon.

• Agree 3

Libspero
4 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Is he being forced to .he could want to do for Whitehall what boris wants to do with the bbc.

I don’t know,  I don’t really understand what is driving Dom. Perhaps we will find out more today.

I can say that he isn’t winning me over with his Covid angle.  Criticising Boris for not doing enough to lock everyone up isn’t exactly endearing him to me.  Though I’m probably not his target audience.

• Agree 3

humdrum
On 23/05/2021 at 18:49, Caravan Monster said:

I call bullshit on Cummings. The MSM have been telling us for years about what a powerful genius of management, politics and campaigning he is, even got his own docudrama on the so called to show us again, but not much in the way of clear evidence to confirm what he's actually achieved.

True. Cummings is supposed to be some sort of eminence grise, but as far as I can see is just another autistic dickhead who walked into the shit storm intended for Boris. We live in quiet times and it would be nice to see a bit of blood and guts on the political scene, but I reckon that Dominic will just continue to bore our arses off while Bojo will flap his hands, quote a few Latin tags and get away with it again

• Agree 5
  • Cheers 1

Heart's Ease

He's on Twitter - although unverified. Read through that recent rambling thread last night. 

Interesting that he goes straight to - hundreds of thousands will DIIIIIIIIIIIE by choking to death. Again I wonder why all medical treatments other than vaccine were suppressed and those suggesting them were cancelled. If there really was the scenario painted, wouldn't the UK government literally be throwing everything they had at providing advice on how to improve your immune system, and freely sharing out drugs which could be used to treat early symptoms? 

All about optics.

• Informative 2

ashestoashes
12 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

transition to get failing vaccines out of the news

• Agree 1

Bear Hug

It all looks like a veiled attempt to make Boris look better. A bit like last year's "leaked" recording of Melania Trump talking about Christmas decorations. 

• Agree 2

sarahbell
27 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

It all looks like a veiled attempt to make Boris look better. A bit like last year's "leaked" recording of Melania Trump talking about Christmas decorations. 

Cummings has been to drama school?

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Hancock
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

Cummings may look better to the Covid lovers, including those who got 15 months off work and those who made out like bandits with the free handouts.

But normal people will now see he is a totalitarian wanker, and merely Goves useful idiot.

Much i dislike Boris it would seem he thought it was a whole load of bollocks, but wasn't man enough to say so to the public.

Edited by Hancock
  • Agree 2

Bear Hug
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Cummings may look better to the Covid lovers, including those who got a year 15 months off work and those who made out like bandits with the free hadnout.

But normal people will now see he is a totalitarian wanker, and merely Goves useful idiot.

Much i dislike Boris it would seem he thought it was a whole load of bollocks, but wasn't man enough to say so to the public.

Except that this is coming out at the same time as press are toning down Covid scare stories a little. Which to me suggests a coordinated PR exercise. Can't trust any of them. 

Edited by Bear Hug
  • Agree 3