DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Reverse picture lookup - any volunteers ?

Andersen

A challenge for the folk on here who are used to working with photos -  a chap I know is fighting against a campaign to block access to Epping Forest, apparently some locals are using photos from elsewhere as "evidence" in an ongoing legal case.

Mate is local to the forest and isn't happy that his legitimate use of the area will become illegal due to the misrepresented photos. All photos identified so far are related to Epping, cafe carpark, organised events, corporate days ...

Just to give an idea, the first photo from this organised group event is one of several they have included to show irresponsible idiots tearing up protected land - it's an organised scouting event using pedal powered karts, and it's not even on the protected part of Epping forest https://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/8794788.loughton-fun-weekend-scouts/

Pics below to be identified - virtual (possibly even RL !) pints if you can track the originals, beware the task is made more difficult as they've been extracted from a PDF document so won't appear on normal reverse image lookups ...

All help will be appreciated :Beer: 

287739-6cb73a5866f9b440df27de36e0991bab.jpg

287740-696c50273854c787a28ab8dfab0a18a2.jpg

wherebee

If I had to bet my life on it, that second photo looks more like north america than epping forest.  trees too young and close together, soil too sandy.  too much scrub (southern england tends to have little scrubland under canopy unless the area was cleared by fire and then regrown).

• Informative 1
gibbon

Can't find the exact picture but fairly sure from a quick search it's from some quad/atv jungle tours in central/south america. Do a search and you'll find it's nearly all the same quad bikes, helmets and trees.

Sadly can't find the exact image as it's too low quality. 

1587816511_download(3).jpeg.d0c451363827d5cfa95ff46254fb8e36.jpeg

https://www.tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g240327-d1582016-Reviews-ATV_Jungle_Cenote_Tour-Puerto_Morelos_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Bear Hug

I couldn't find the exact match but this one is pretty close:

media-handler.jpeg

• Lol 6
  • Cheers 1
dgul
1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

I couldn't find the exact match but this one is pretty close:

media-handler.jpeg

Nah, that picture was taken in Nevada.

• Lol 2
Frank Hovis

Have you the original image so that you can search for the xxxx.jpg code?

I tried with the ones in this post but they have been given a DOSBODS identifier when you uploaded them so inspecting the element and seraching on the jpg code simply returns to here for images.

Andersen

@Frank Hovis thanks for checking, the chap had to extract the images from a PDF'd court document so we don't even have the original files. Filenames are also meaningless.

It looks like the court case has been suspended (hopefully withdrawn) - I'm waiting for confirmation. The chap had already flagged up some other images they used were copyrighted elsewhere and had been pirated to be used / misrepresented in the court documents. Dirty tricks by the custodians of Epping forest - sad times >:( 

Nothing else needed for now, but everyones efforts are appreciated  :Beer:

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1
Democorruptcy
39 minutes ago, Andersen said:

@Frank Hovis thanks for checking, the chap had to extract the images from a PDF'd court document so we don't even have the original files. Filenames are also meaningless.

It looks like the court case has been suspended (hopefully withdrawn) - I'm waiting for confirmation. The chap had already flagged up some other images they used were copyrighted elsewhere and had been pirated to be used / misrepresented in the court documents. Dirty tricks by the custodians of Epping forest - sad times >:( 

Nothing else needed for now, but everyones efforts are appreciated  :Beer:

If it's a court document doesn't the source of the photo have to be detailed to prove it's relevant to the case?

• 2 weeks later...
spunko

Surely dirty tricks are welcome when it comes to protecting the environment and stopping more development etc  on ancient woodland? Epping Forest has already been decimated. This is a difficult one for me morally. 

In any case, yandex image search is scarily accurate at finding images and leagues above the others. Have you tried there?