DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Incel boys should get a vaccine?

swiss_democracy_for_all

swiss_democracy_for_all

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/severe-covid19-men-low-testosterone/

Severe COVID-19 in men linked to low testosterone levels

Researchers found men with low testosterone levels were more likely to need intensive care and possibly die from COVID-19 than men with normal testosterone levels

A new study tracking testosterone levels in hospitalized COVID-19 patients has found a link between low levels of the hormone in men and severe disease outcomes. The research offers important clues as to why men seem to be at greater risk of death from coronavirus compared to women.

Very early in the pandemic, one of the first epidemiological observations to come out of China was that men seemed to be suffering from more severe illness than women. A large meta-analysis published late in 2020 confirmed those early suspicions. While there was no difference in general COVID-19 infection rates between men and women, men were nearly three times more likely to need intensive care treatment and were at greater risk of death.

One early hypothesis to explain this strange gender bias in disease severity suggested testosterone increased one’s risk of hospitalization and death. This was based on the knowledge that testosterone can dampen one’s immune response, so it seemed reasonable to suspect high testosterone levels were responsible for worse disease outcomes in men. There were even clinical trials testing drugs that lower testosterone as a treatment for COVID-19 patients.

However, by the end of 2020 researchers began to suspect we had the COVID-19 testosterone relationship backwards. A new study is offering the most robust insights on the subject to date, looking at circulating testosterone levels in 142 COVID-19 patients and reporting low testosterone levels are strongly linked to worse disease outcomes in men.

The researchers measured testosterone levels at the time of admission, and several other points during hospitalization. As male patients became more severely ill, their testosterone levels continued to drop. In fact, low testosterone levels could effectively predict which patients would decline over the subsequent days.

“During the pandemic, there has been a prevailing notion that testosterone is bad,” says Abhinav Diwan, senior author on the new study. “But we found the opposite in men. If a man had low testosterone when he first came to the hospital, his risk of having severe COVID-19 – meaning his risk of requiring intensive care or dying – was much higher compared with men who had more circulating testosterone. And if testosterone levels dropped further during hospitalization, the risk increased.”

Around 60 women were included in the study and there was no association between female testosterone levels and COVID-19 severity.

A major limitation in the research so far is that these studies linking low testosterone and COVID-19 severity have all initially measured hormone levels at the point of hospital admission. So it is unclear whether these men had low testosterone levels prior to viral infection, or whether these concentrations rapidly drop as the disease progresses.

Diwan is calling for more research on the topic to help answer this and other questions, including whether testosterone replacement therapy could help men in the recovery process after acute illness. In the short term, the researchers urge caution in subjects undergoing hormone treatments involving reduced testosterone levels.

“We are now investigating whether there is an association between sex hormones and cardiovascular outcomes in long COVID-19, when the symptoms linger over many months,” adds Diwan. “We also are interested in whether men recovering from COVID-19, including those with long COVID-19, may benefit from testosterone therapy. This therapy has been used in men with low levels of sex hormones, so it may be worth investigating whether a similar approach can help male COVID-19 survivors with their rehabilitation.”

• Informative 1

Straingone

Looks like some men need to grow a pair, the fate of the world might depend upon it.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 4

sarahbell
1 hour ago, Straingone said:

Looks like some men need to grow a pair, the fate of the world might depend upon it.

Actually less testosterone would benefit the planet. 

Straingone
13 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

This appears to be the plan our rulers have been working on for some time now. Who would benefit most from a weak willed, angst ridden, male population which wets itself at the mere prospect of conflict? We need 'rough men' to protect society, not to run it.

• Agree 3

Talking Monkey
2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/severe-covid19-men-low-testosterone/

Severe COVID-19 in men linked to low testosterone levels

Researchers found men with low testosterone levels were more likely to need intensive care and possibly die from COVID-19 than men with normal testosterone levels

A new study tracking testosterone levels in hospitalized COVID-19 patients has found a link between low levels of the hormone in men and severe disease outcomes. The research offers important clues as to why men seem to be at greater risk of death from coronavirus compared to women.

Very early in the pandemic, one of the first epidemiological observations to come out of China was that men seemed to be suffering from more severe illness than women. A large meta-analysis published late in 2020 confirmed those early suspicions. While there was no difference in general COVID-19 infection rates between men and women, men were nearly three times more likely to need intensive care treatment and were at greater risk of death.

One early hypothesis to explain this strange gender bias in disease severity suggested testosterone increased one’s risk of hospitalization and death. This was based on the knowledge that testosterone can dampen one’s immune response, so it seemed reasonable to suspect high testosterone levels were responsible for worse disease outcomes in men. There were even clinical trials testing drugs that lower testosterone as a treatment for COVID-19 patients.

However, by the end of 2020 researchers began to suspect we had the COVID-19 testosterone relationship backwards. A new study is offering the most robust insights on the subject to date, looking at circulating testosterone levels in 142 COVID-19 patients and reporting low testosterone levels are strongly linked to worse disease outcomes in men.

The researchers measured testosterone levels at the time of admission, and several other points during hospitalization. As male patients became more severely ill, their testosterone levels continued to drop. In fact, low testosterone levels could effectively predict which patients would decline over the subsequent days.

“During the pandemic, there has been a prevailing notion that testosterone is bad,” says Abhinav Diwan, senior author on the new study. “But we found the opposite in men. If a man had low testosterone when he first came to the hospital, his risk of having severe COVID-19 – meaning his risk of requiring intensive care or dying – was much higher compared with men who had more circulating testosterone. And if testosterone levels dropped further during hospitalization, the risk increased.”

Around 60 women were included in the study and there was no association between female testosterone levels and COVID-19 severity.

A major limitation in the research so far is that these studies linking low testosterone and COVID-19 severity have all initially measured hormone levels at the point of hospital admission. So it is unclear whether these men had low testosterone levels prior to viral infection, or whether these concentrations rapidly drop as the disease progresses.

Diwan is calling for more research on the topic to help answer this and other questions, including whether testosterone replacement therapy could help men in the recovery process after acute illness. In the short term, the researchers urge caution in subjects undergoing hormone treatments involving reduced testosterone levels.

“We are now investigating whether there is an association between sex hormones and cardiovascular outcomes in long COVID-19, when the symptoms linger over many months,” adds Diwan. “We also are interested in whether men recovering from COVID-19, including those with long COVID-19, may benefit from testosterone therapy. This therapy has been used in men with low levels of sex hormones, so it may be worth investigating whether a similar approach can help male COVID-19 survivors with their rehabilitation.”

These young blokes should deadlift, pulling that fucking bar off the floor creates yuge amounts of testosterone. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Talking Monkey said:

These young blokes should deadlift, pulling that fucking bar off the floor creates yuge amounts of testosterone. 

You can see it in the faces who have lifted weights for years. Versus say your average politician or office dweller...

• Agree 3

I imagine all illnesses knock the testosterone level, as it's the priority to knock the virus.

JoeDavola
Posted (edited)

So is this covid knocking down test levels, or low-testoserone men having shite immune systems and getting hospitalized quickly by covid.

EDIT: I've just read it properly and it is low-T men who are falling ill. Big surprise.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 3

Just now, JoeDavola said:

So is this covid knocking down test levels, or low-testoserone men having shite immune systems and getting hospitalized quickly by covid.

You got it mate

• Agree 1

Straingone
3 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

EDIT: I've just read it properly and it is low-T men who are falling ill. Big surprise.

We have to pray that it doesn't stop these men from getting their daily cup of latte.

• Agree 1

JoeDavola

Here's the graphic I always use. This is from real bloodwork they got done.

I do admit I sometimes wonder if I'd benefit from higher T - I'm not as constantly horny as I was in the first half of my 20's, but that's maybe a good thing. Last time I got tested my levels were 650 which were OK for my age range if not exactly bodybuilder levels or anything.

If my test ever did decline in a big way in older age I'd go on TRT in a heartbeat.

Buzzfeed Journalists Test Their Testosterone (Results will blow your mind)  - AR15.COM

• Lol 1

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Perhaps testosterone fuels progress?

I'm of the opinion that if humans had been rather compliant and meek we'd still be in the trees.  War and conflict is one of the drivers for human inventiveness.

Perhaps it is the opposite -- what would benefit the planet most would be for women to have lower hormonal levels leading to lower levels of broodiness and smaller families?

It is a wake-up call to the population.

If you want to survive covid don't wait -- lose some weight and replace the weight with weights.

[I should have been in marketing]

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

I do admit I sometimes wonder if I'd benefit from higher T - I'm not as constantly horny as I was in the first half of my 20's, but that's maybe a good thing. Last time I got tested my levels were 650 which were OK for my age range if not exactly bodybuilder levels or anything.

If my test ever did decline in a big way in older age I'd go on TRT in a heartbeat.

Buzzfeed Journalists Test Their Testosterone (Results will blow your mind)  - AR15.COM

I'm not exactly Chad McThundercock but those specimens make me feel unsettled to look at in that particular photo 

Ewwwwwwwwww!

I bet you could actually hear women's bits slamming shut as they approached

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

Perhaps testosterone fuels progress?

I'm of the opinion that if humans had been rather compliant and meek we'd still be in the trees.  War and conflict is one of the drivers for human inventiveness.

Perhaps it is the opposite -- what would benefit the planet most would be for women to have lower hormonal levels leading to lower levels of broodiness and smaller families?

Testosterone - patriarchy - the West as was

Estrogen - matriarchy - Asia, Africa

Now eat your bugs and leave that steak alone

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

JoeDavola
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'm not exactly Chad McThundercock but those specimens make me feel unsettled to look at in that particular photo

Yeah I'm a gangly skeleton man but my bloodwork would suggest I'm still in a better position than those folk with their fake perma-smiles.

There's an interesting discussion to be had regarding keeping hormone levels high as a man. Yes bodybuilders die young but they just go mental with it - basically every actor in holywood who is in an 'action' type role is taking it and it's not killing them - Stallone's been using it for 40 years and still going strong at 73.

The general population are warned against it, yet Hollywood takes it left right and centre. One rule for us, another for them. You can drink eat and smoke yourself to oblivion legally but don't you dare raise your testoserone levels that's dangerous.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 3

Just now, JoeDavola said:

Yeah I'm a gangly skeleton man but my bloodwork would suggest I'm still in a better position than those folk with their fake perma-smiles.

There's an interesting discussion to be had regarding keeping hormone levels high as a man. Yes bodybuilders die young but they just go mental with it - basically every actor in holywood who is in an 'action' type role is taking it and it's not killing them - Stallone's been using it for 40 years and still going strong at 73.

The general population are warned against it, yet Hollywood takes it left right and centre. One rule for us, another for them.

They'll generally be on steroids, aromatase inhibitors, HCG and all sorts of stuff

Mild bio identical T replacement isn't in the same league, danger wise.

Also DHT is important too

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

You will be glad you didn't put on weight when you are older.

ElKapitan84
10 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I remember that.  These were those Buzzfeed numales was it?  These are the apparent aggressive sex beasts that marxist female students are telling us are raping them more than ever, now, in western unis.

• Lol 3

JoeDavola
1 minute ago, Loki said:

They'll generally be on steroids, aromatase inhibitors, HCG and all sorts of stuff

Mild bio identical T replacement isn't in the same league, danger wise.

Also DHT is important too

Yes - the idea is to raise one's T levels to what they were as a healthy 28 year old.

Now in doing that, you are still slightly supercharged, as natrual T levels go up and down over the course of the day, but artificially raised T says high all day.

But I still think a decision of "I want my T at what it was when I was 28, and I'm gonna exercise and eat right" is a healthier overall lifestyle choice than the life of your average sedentary UK blob.

Just now, MrPin said:

You will be glad you didn't put on weight when you are older.

I already am. Several of my peers have absolutely balooned over the last decade, whereas I stay the same shape.

Not an attractive shape, but not an unhealthy one either.

• Agree 2

JoeDavola
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ElKapitan84 said:

These were those Buzzfeed numales was it?

Yes the very ones.

On a related note I'd encourage you all to watch this fascinating video that @Hail the Tripod posted a while back:

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes the very ones.

On a related not I'd encourage you all to watch this fascinating video that @Hail the Tripod posted a while back:

I imagine sitting at a screen all day, watching botox girl, and makeup boy is hardly heathy.

• Agree 1