DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Carl Fimble

I've just thrown a little chunk into GameStop, and wondered what you lot on this sub forum reckon it'll end up doing?

Obviously I'm hoping to become rich, but I'm no investor.

Lost money on it so far but it's early days, we could afford to lose the lot, and not be ruined by it.

I tried to find the GME thread, as I'm sure there will be one somewhere, probably on page 20something as it's not exactly like I'm getting in early!

• Cheers 1
Loki

gmenron.thumb.png.535d3a82fe70d5d627a26ac1b86691ef.png

12 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

what you lot on this sub forum reckon it'll end up doing?

• Lol 3
Carl Fimble
50 minutes ago, Loki said:

gmenron.thumb.png.535d3a82fe70d5d627a26ac1b86691ef.png

Really?

Loki
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Really?

What would you base any other conclusion on?!xD

See if you can ride the bubble for a bit and get out with a profit would be what I would do if I'd already bought...

Edited by Loki
Carl Fimble
Just now, Loki said:

What would you base any other conclusion on?!xD

Hedge funds needing to buy loads of shares to fulfill their short positions?

I'm (quite obviously) no expert though!!

:$

• Agree 2
Loki
1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

Hedge funds needing to buy loads of shares to fulfill their short positions?

I'm (quite obviously) no expert though!!

:$

Isn't that what happened last time though?

Carl Fimble
1 minute ago, Loki said:

Isn't that what happened last time though?

With Enron?

Loki
Just now, Carl Fimble said:

With Enron?

No GME, I'm sure that's how it ended up feeding on itself, but I don't really follow bubble stonks apart from the memes. xD

Carl Fimble
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

No GME, I'm sure that's how it ended up feeding on itself, but I don't really follow bubble stonks apart from the memes. xD

Fuck knows, the bits I've read and spoken to folk about have pointed towards the hedge funds still having loads of shorts to satisfy.

I'm going back to the normal forums, this isn't for me this shit!

Thankfully I've not gone balls deep, just slid the tip in a wee bit! 

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
Loki
1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

Fuck knows, the bits I've read and spoken to folk about have pointed towards the hedge funds still having loads of shorts to satisfy.

I'm going back to the normal forums, this isn't for me this shit!

Thankfully I've not gone balls deep, just slid the tip in a wee bit! 

I expect you'll be fine just remember it is never wrong to pull a profit...hogs get slaughtered!

• Cheers 1
SpectrumFX

It'll probably be all over the place, but it'll collapse sooner or later. There's no underlying value there.

I'm with Buffet on the idea that you shouldn't hold something for 10 minutes that you wouldn't be happy holding for 10 years, so it's not for me. But If you're happy to have a play with it, and you time your exit well then you night make money if you're lucky.

Do you feel lucky?

xD

• Agree 1
wherebee

I've got two shares, Karl, and am up 300%.  Sitting tight, more for the LOLs and the offchance that by holding I might be helping a hedge fund trader in New York have a nervous breakdown....

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
Stinky Wizzleteats
10 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

It'll probably be all over the place, but it'll collapse sooner or later. There's no underlying value there.

I think you're wrong there. They've just got a new whiz kid CEO, paid off all their debt and begun their pivot to becoming a dominant force in online gaming.

We may not get the short squeeze (although I think technically we should), but it is definitely undervalued due to hedge fund manipulation 

SpectrumFX
12 minutes ago, Stinky Wizzleteats said:

I think you're wrong there. They've just got a new whiz kid CEO, paid off all their debt and begun their pivot to becoming a dominant force in online gaming.

We may not get the short squeeze (although I think technically we should), but it is definitely undervalued due to hedge fund manipulation 

Their market capitalisation is an order of magnitude larger than their book value.

If that doesn't bother you then good luck with it, but undervalued it is not.

• Informative 1
nirvana
15 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Lost money on it so far but it's early days,

hmmm dunno about that dude, the reddit massive were ramping it months ago! If anything methinks it's peaked and you've missed the ride up......it's crypto time now soldier! All aboard the next train.....choo choo to the Lambo garage!!xD

nirvana
14 hours ago, Loki said:

hogs get slaughtered!

bears make money, bulls make money

Sheep and sheeple get slaughtered :Jumping:

• Cheers 1
nirvana
14 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Thankfully I've not gone balls deep

see this is where you're going wrong!

it's balls deep and do my arse :)

• Lol 2
Green Devil
18 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

I'm with Buffet on the idea that you shouldn't hold something for 10 minutes that you wouldn't be happy holding for 10 years, so it's not for me. But If you're happy to have a play with it, and you time your exit well then you night make money if you're lucky.

Do you feel lucky?

xD

Another way of thinking of it is, dont buy anything you wouldnt double up on if it dropped 50% as youll holding for ten years and if its on sale its a bonus. 

• Agree 1
Green Devil
3 hours ago, nirvana said:

hmmm dunno about that dude, the reddit massive were ramping it months ago! If anything methinks it's peaked and you've missed the ride up......it's crypto time now soldier! All aboard the next train.....choo choo to the Lambo garage!!xD

Id need a bigger garage first to take the v10 r8 😂😂

• Cheers 1
nirvana
15 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Id need a bigger garage first to take the v10 r8 😂😂

had a quick look, looks a bit lardy to me for a 2 seater, I think I'm oot :)

nirvana
19 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Id need a bigger garage first to take the v10 r8

I was having a snooze in the garden, like you do and I was awoke by this deep grumble.....

An R8 just turned up in the neighbours garden! I kid you not! And it sounds like it might be a V10 (I can't see it all cos it's hiding) lol

It's a sign! Either we're about to moon or something is about to shit the bed

• Lol 1
wherebee

It's clown world out there:

My gamestop stats as of this morning - up 326% from the buy.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
Carl Fimble

Mines up just over 15% in a less than a week, In into this so far...

10 hours ago, wherebee said:

It's clown world out there:

My gamestop stats as of this morning - up 326% from the buy.

What did you buy in at?

Wish they were in pounds, this currency shit adds complications. 

Carl Fimble
On 30/05/2021 at 12:19, nirvana said:

I was having a snooze in the garden, like you do and I was awoke by this deep grumble.....

An R8 just turned up in the neighbours garden! I kid you not! And it sounds like it might be a V10 (I can't see it all cos it's hiding) lol

It's a sign! Either we're about to moon or something is about to shit the bed

Your writings have amused me recently, anyway, have you much/any GME?

Carl Fimble
On 29/05/2021 at 08:48, Stinky Wizzleteats said:

My main worry is dodginess on the part of the "authorities", aside from that it's the risk all games are bought and sold on the consoles themselves, with little need for bricks and mortar OR online gaming sales/streaming/etc left over after Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo grab everything. 

Hoping for great things though, got alerts set to various numbers, none anywhere near the moon though. Fingers crossed though eh?

• Cheers 1