• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
OurDayWillCome

The Lammy report

So, the Lammy report is out and the high rate of ethnic-minorities in jail is due to a biased legal system! 41% of youth offenders are of minority backgrounds.

I think we should embrace this - jails are ahead of the population-shift curve ūüėĀ

I have linked to the Gaurdian just to annoy everyone:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/sep/08/racial-bias-uk-criminal-justice-david-lammy

Edited by OurDayWillCome

Not much effort to report this properly. A pathetic effort by the Guardian, shame on them.

What difference does it make what proportion of the overall population is BAME? That is irrelevant to the proportion of the prison population that is BAME.

The correct question is - in what proportion of reported crimes is the accused BAME?

5 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Not much effort to report this properly. A pathetic effort by the Guardian, shame on them.

What difference does it make what proportion of the overall population is BAME? That is irrelevant to the proportion of the prison population that is BAME.

The correct question is - in what proportion of reported crimes is the accused BAME?

Exactly the point I was just going to make.  From the guardian piece (which is meaningless really as it really is piss poor reporting:

Young black people are nine times more likely to be locked up in England and Wales than their white peers, according to Ministry of Justice analysis picked up by Lammy. The BAME proportion of youth prisoners rose from 25% in 2006 to 41% last year.

the question is are they nine times more likely to commit crime?  If the answer is yes, then there really isn't any racism.  I would guess though that the answer is yes and if so, the message that this sends out is keep going with your behaviour as any reaction by the authorities is racist.  It will make the problem worse.  

Idiots imho.  

33 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The evidence is all around us but only some can see what is going on.

The problem with reports like this one is that it will IMPO, at least, cause resentment from white people who are not racist in the slightest way. By doing so it will actually begin to grow the racist divide in the UK.

I think that's the plan. Classic divide and rule. The pendulum has swung too far to the left now. I predict it's going to take a severe swing to the right in the not-to-distant-future. Political parties will come along proposing draconian laws to deal with whatever problems have been created by the far left and are voted in to deal with it. Trouble is, once those laws are brought in - they won't be going away.

Sweden will probably be the first country in the west to swing. I can see those no-go areas being cleared by a military that's been told to remove the immigrants by any means necessary.

Edited by TheNoSnowMan

38 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Lammy has here demonstrated that he's never going to be British. He is always going to be simply black in a way that has no room for any other consideration. He is the worst kind of racist and se sees race as THE issue every where, at every time, without fail.

009816fe8fd0322c32cff585fc786e30e404cfe0

He's like the prodigy of Fat Asred Abbot "I'M BLACK AND THUS I AM A VICTIM OF RACISM - also I hate white people as I blame them for my communities own failings but that's not racist as only whites can be racist."

It would have been relevant if he'd explained how the legal system is so biased apparently right across the country rather than just baldly claiming the bias exists.  How does it happen - how is that bias communicated so consistently apparently right across the country.  Not only in England but also Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Maybe it's as simple as someone at the top deciding a target number and deciding a group to pick on.  It would be amazing if that's the case but if so he should say so and also say who it is.  If it is the case then the last thing anyone would want in these circumstances is for the targets to stay and just a different group to be picked on to meet them - even if it does create work for the legal system etc along with income from fines etc.

How come this is such a perennial problem over years and decades and never gets close to being solved.

What do the people in the link below have to say about it.  Are they to blame.

Edited by twocents

Lay off David Lammy! Just look at how successful black people are when there aren't white people to oppress them!

Just look at the economic & social miracles of Zimbabwe, Sierra Leone, Somalia and Nigeria etc!!!

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Lay off David Lammy! Just look at how successful black people are when there aren't white people to oppress them!

Just look at the economic & social miracles of Zimbabwe, Sierra Leone, Somalia and Nigeria etc!!!

You forgot South Africa.

David Lidington, the justice secretary, thanked Lammy for a ‚Äúdetailed and incisive review‚ÄĚ. He said ministers would look at his findings and respond in due course, adding that the government would committed to publishing public sector race audits next month. These would allow ‚Äúthe clearest understanding to date of how someone‚Äôs ethnicity can impact their day to day life‚ÄĚ, Lidington said.

How weak is that.  

He made no effort to defend the system - maybe he was right not to do so but if that's the case why isn't he already on the case and pointing out problems to Lammy and not the other way round.  How come he doesn't seem to have a clue.

These would allow ‚Äúthe clearest understanding to date of how someone‚Äôs ethnicity can impact their day to day life‚ÄĚ, Lidington said.

Presumably that will include the white ethnicity's day to day life as well.

Maybe some reference to gender might be also be appropriate.

Edited by twocents

Colin Flaherty has been documenting black violence and criminality in the US and the denial, deceit and delusion that surrounds it. He has hundreds of videos on YouTube. We have the same problems in the UK except it is de facto illegal to talk about it other than to parrot the PC line about minorities being victims of white racism, violence and discrimination. Colin Flaherty would have been jailed years ago in the UK simply for reporting the truth. 

One day reality will reassert itself. It won't be pretty.