DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Travelling in Covid times

MrXxxx

MrXxxx
Posted (edited)

Thought I would start a thread for others who have the Travelling bug, with some resources to help on where and what:

Skyscanner - accessible countries from UK & Covid situation [https://www.skyscanner.net/travel-restrictions]...can reset country so you plan country-to-country trips rather than returning to UK.

Wikipedia version of above - [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_restrictions_related_to_the_COVID-19_pandemic]

'Official' Gov site [FCO] - [https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-development-office]

International Air Travel Association [IATA] - Basically what you need to get on a flight and if its going! [https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php]

World Health Organisation [WHO] - Look here to get 'heads up' as to where policy may be heading [https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/travel-advice]

...and get travelling...the alternative?..let governments tell you to 'Stay at Home', get frustrated, and suffer the consequent mental health issues.

Edited by MrXxxx
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 2

JoeDavola

Folks were saying that apparently even flying from NI to mainland UK is a pain in the arse - covid tests required ect even though they're fully jabbed.

Will put most people off bothering.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

Bear Hug
2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Folks were saying that apparently even flying from NI to mainland UK is a pain in the arse - covid tests required ect even though they're fully jabbed.

Any idea if it's the same with ferrys? 

• Agree 1

Adarmo
Just now, JoeDavola said:

I'm not keen on travelling if PCR required. Looks nasty and forking out £200 for the privilege..... no thanks! Jabs I'm ok with but will stay put until that changes. Only really want to go to Bordeaux anyway. Sit in a nice house with a pool and a ready supply of nice wine, cheese, meat and walks. 

• Agree 4

JoeDavola
Just now, Bear Hug said:

Good question - no idea.

JoeDavola
Just now, Adarmo said:

I'm not keen on travelling if PCR required.

It'll decimate the travel industry as long as it continues. Increased cost, hassle, and then potential lockdown on the way back from your destination I'm assuming. Who can be bothered.

• Agree 5

Don Coglione
5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Fuck me, that is (currently) correct; surely travel intra-UK should not need all this bollocks?

I am due to fly to NI in early July and have too much invested in the trip to cancel, really. If 21st June is pushed back, I may face a conundrum...

Chewing Grass
7 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

ask a lorry driver, you could perhaps ride shotgun if you know one.

King Penda
2 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

Fuck me, that is (currently) correct; surely travel intra-UK should not need all this bollocks?

I am due to fly to NI in early July and have too much invested in the trip to cancel, really. If 21st June is pushed back, I may face a conundrum...

Lots of spare dingies on the south coast

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

ask a lorry driver, you could perhaps ride shotgun if you know one.

Fit 40 in the back

• Lol 3

JoeDavola
4 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

I am due to fly to NI in early July and have too much invested in the trip to cancel, really.

It's fine you can buy me a pint some other time.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

WorkingPoor
1 hour ago, Don Coglione said:

They can't permit it, the second they do you will have all the scum dross currently besieging uk beauty spots heading for Ireland like it's some sort of staycation holiday mecca, like an extention of the isle of wight. 

6 mile vehicle queues at Fishguard etc 

Keep'em in Blighty, don't inflict them on the Ireland i say. 

WorkingPoor

granddad2015 15 HRS AGO

Beware the end is nigh hahaha

How shall we ever manage?

I have an unusual idea.... spend your money in the UK and help our local businesses to recover. I know, kinda weird, huh?

Brownevo45 17 HRS AGO

All holidays should be banned as in Australia, until things calm down. Why anyone would book a holiday in the middle of a pandemic is beyond me. It’s pure selfishness. Grow up

MrXxxx
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

It'll decimate the travel industry as long as it continues. Increased cost, hassle, and then potential lockdown on the way back from your destination I'm assuming. Who can be bothered.

You assume people will comply...

...heard on the news 60k people have gone to Spain [Amber], OK they will have their PCR on the way out and on the way in so they can get their flights, but how many are going to book and have the additional two PCR tests and then quarantine for 10 days?....go for a 7 night holiday and you need to have 17 days off work...what employer is going to allow an employee to have that long off work?...the only exception would be those WFH, and I still think a lot of those knowing how incompetent the UK government is will take the risk and not comply.

• Agree 2

hapax legomenon
2 hours ago, Adarmo said:

I'm not keen on travelling if PCR required. Looks nasty and forking out £200 for the privilege..... no thanks! Jabs I'm ok with but will stay put until that changes. Only really want to go to Bordeaux anyway. Sit in a nice house with a pool and a ready supply of nice wine, cheese, meat and walks. 

Don't believe a word of any of that frankly.

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, Adarmo said:

But a jab won't prevent you from catching or spreading. 

A test is the best way to reduce spread on planes / across countries.

If they are following the science, tests will be with us for years to come and proof of jabbing will be irrelevant.

• Agree 8

WorkingPoor
17 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

You assume people will comply...

...heard on the news 60k people have gone to Spain [Amber], OK they will have their PCR on the way out and on the way in so they can get their flights, but how many are going to book and have the additional two PCR tests and then quarantine for 10 days?....go for a 7 night holiday and you need to have 17 days off work...what employer is going to allow an employee to have that long off work?...the only exception would be those WFH, and I still think a lot of those knowing how incompetent the UK government is will take the risk and not comply.

My bold ^

You must pre book and pay for the additional 2 PCR tests whilst you are still abroad, and present the proof paperwork at the check in desk prior to boarding your return flight.

Rock up without it like some johnny big bollock and you will be dragged away from check in and slung across the floor like some vagrant. 

• Lol 3

swiss_democracy_for_all
2 hours ago, Don Coglione said:

NI is only called a part of the UK since Brexit to keep the NI prods from kicking off. 

Posted (edited)

Over the weekend just gone our hotel was chocka with Scots, Irish, and some very charming but difficult to pin down Asians, including one smoking hot burd that I would not be at all surprised to find out was some kind of Kashmiri princess or something - she actually looked like Princess Jasmine off of the cartoon Aladdin.

People don't seem deterred from travelling.

Edited by eight

JoeDavola
13 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

NI is only called a part of the UK since Brexit to keep the NI prods from kicking off. 

U fucking wot?

ian paisley | The Ben Lomond Free Press

• Lol 5

swiss_democracy_for_all
9 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

U fucking wot?

ian paisley | The Ben Lomond Free Press

:D Well, let's see - NI has it's own Parliament, and border checks are now necessary for goods and passengers travelling between it and the UK mainland. OK it has a few Westminster MPs that no-one listens to except when there is a government with a slim majority. So what should we call it?

It's become a bit like the UK's colder, wetter version of Puerto Rico, but with more voting rights.

I'm joking, but really I am slightly concerned as I have family there now - to my mind this is a ticking timebomb. 

JoeDavola
8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

:D Well, let's see - NI has it's own Parliament, and border checks are now necessary for goods and passengers travelling between it and the UK mainland. OK it has a few Westminster MPs that no-one listens to except when there is a government with a slim majority. So what should we call it?

It's become a bit like the UK's colder, wetter version of Puerto Rico, but with more voting rights.

I'm joking, but really I am slightly concerned as I have family there now - to my mind this is a ticking timebomb.

Aye, you're right of course.

The unionist population is also shrinking as far as I can see; even more so the percentage of the population that like the DUP.

I don't think things will kick off proper until the UK stops throwing money at NI - as long as the benefits money and public sector jobs and Invest NI subsidised jobs keep coming then it's all good; NI house prices to the moooooooooon.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1