Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Cash buyers only


sarahbell
 Share

Recommended Posts

nirvana

probs on a flood plain and they wouldn't be able to get a mortgage .....just a guess.....'old farts' armchair in living room, probate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis

It seems odd not to say; if it's soemthing that will put off a potential buyer then why would the Estate Agent waste their time?

There looks to be something underway to the left of the house: the old wooden fence has been replaced by removable barriers.

 

image.thumb.png.18fe8dcbddbeae2402d21e4aaa69dbe0.png

 

And the satellite view gives a very different impression to the cropped photographs in the advertisement.

image.png.fe3371fab9ad7818a8d7789c194f2f9d.png

  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chewing Grass

Yep, I'm going with its right next to a flood culvert.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

nirvana

'carwash' equals gypos for neighbours and the walls stink of curry.....nowt much going for it really :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
59 minutes ago, nirvana said:

probs on a flood plain and they wouldn't be able to get a mortgage .....just a guess.....'old farts' armchair in living room, probate?

 

56 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Yep, I'm going with its right next to a flood culvert.

 

Ding ding - prizes for the smart kids.  Massive floods both October 2019 and February 2020.

Potential viewers should bring their own waders.

 

Fields turned into torrent near Powick as Teme breaks its banks

The River Teme near Powick in Worcestershire has reached its highest level since 2007, with numerous roads in the area blocked by floodwater.

However, Dave Throup, from the Environment Agency said flood defences were successfully protecting the village itself.

Mr Throup, who captured the video said, despite the volume of water flowing under the A449, it was not the River Teme itself, but part of the flood plain.

Published

27 October 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-hereford-worcester-50201500

 

And from Spring 2020 newsletter - twenty page pdf so don't bother if on a phone:

image.png.a582f9d59e5fc3109f8f7e85af975273.png

https://e-services.worcestershire.gov.uk/MyParish/Tools/GetDocument.aspx?ParishID=55&DocID=6004

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

King Penda
Posted (edited)

Could also be only one layer of the bricks it’s at the end

Edited by stokiescum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spunko
On 02/06/2021 at 11:28, Frank Hovis said:

It seems odd not to say; if it's soemthing that will put off a potential buyer then why would the Estate Agent waste their time?

 

That's not how EAs work sadly. An EA will gladly show 50 people around your home even though they know that none of them can possibly buy it. Most EAs go on the mantra that the customer values them only by the NUMBER of viewings they can generate.

 

While it may sound stupid, remember how stupid the average person is.

  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Devil
Posted (edited)
On 03/06/2021 at 11:37, spunko said:

That's not how EAs work sadly. An EA will gladly show 50 people around your home even though they know that none of them can possibly buy it. Most EAs go on the mantra that the customer values them only by the NUMBER of viewings they can generate.

 

While it may sound stupid, remember how stupid the average person is.

A good estate agent would know his buyers. Hes knows what they want and when they are ready to buy. He will know his buyer well enough that he takes the buyer that he knows will buy - the right buyer- to the property first for the first viewing. Usually a property is sold on the first viewing. 

 

 

 

 

No im not an estate agent. But i probably should be 🤣

Edited by Green Devil
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Green Devil said:

A good estate agent would know his buyers. Hes knows what they want and when they are ready to buy. He will know his buyer well enough that he takes the buyer that he knows will buy - the right buyer- to the property first for the first viewing. Usually a property is sold on the first viewing. 

 

 

 

 

No im not an estate agent. But i probably should be 🤣

Sssshh. I would keep your fetish for shiny polyester suits, hair gel and pointy shoes to yourself if I were you. By all means you can role play at the weekend in the privacy of your own home, dress up and go around waving your arms about saying ‘This is your lounge, this is your kitchen, this is your bedroom and there is your outside space, we have already had several offers over the asking price, when do you want to meet our mortgage broker?’  … But this is not something you want to broadcast to the world.

  • Lol 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
UmBongo

This ex council house close to me needs a lot of work. It went under offer a few weeks ago with a guide price of £160k and came back up for sale with GP of £130k with 'cash buyers only' in the advert. Now appears to have sold STC.

Quote

AGENTS NOTE II) We understand it is probable that the property is Wimpey Nofines non-standard construction. 

House looks just the same on the outside as it did when first built in 1968/9...

1 of 11

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/106836626#/?channel=RES_BUY

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AlfredTheLittle
18 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

This ex council house close to me needs a lot of work. It went under offer a few weeks ago with a guide price of £160k and came back up for sale with GP of £130k with 'cash buyers only' in the advert. Now appears to have sold STC.

House looks just the same on the outside as it did when first built in 1968/9...

1 of 11

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/106836626#/?channel=RES_BUY

Quite a nice house, that one, if the area's ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UmBongo
46 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Quite a nice house, that one, if the area's ok

It's an average area.

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andersen
On 21/07/2021 at 13:47, Green Devil said:

https://www.cliveemson.co.uk/properties/227/107/

Heres an interesting one. Has fantastic views. Im not sure for how long though, its rather close to the cliff edge :Jumping: :Jumping:

Looks good if £500k is disposable money for you, amazing views and just walk away when it's condemned, mother nature will do the rest for you :Beer:

Plan ahead - now is the time to buy on the road behind, the value will skyrocket if the front house falls off the cliff. Just don't wait too long to sell or you're have the same problem all over again :ph34r:

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UmBongo said:

This ex council house close to me needs a lot of work. It went under offer a few weeks ago with a guide price of £160k and came back up for sale with GP of £130k with 'cash buyers only' in the advert. Now appears to have sold STC.

House looks just the same on the outside as it did when first built in 1968/9...

1 of 11

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/106836626#/?channel=RES_BUY

In the 70s, I was a labourer on a building site of Nofines houses. Built for the council so no thought of resale value. One of the tradesmen told me that Nofines would be banned, then allowed again, then banned again etc.

Clever construction. Foundations laid and a few layers of bricks laid. Plywood shutters, (a mould for the concrete,) erected with the door and window frames installed. Concrete poured in and the shutters removed when the concrete had set. Concrete pebble dashed for better optics. Downstairs internal walls were breeze block and upstairs were Stramit. Compressed straw between 2 sheets of thick cardboard.

 

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
PatronizingGit

lovely. your front door literally a narrow pavement away from a section of dual carriageway. Cant imagine the lorries thundering past do much for the structural integrity. Having said that, looks an old house. Probably fallen down by now if that was an issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/07/2021 at 13:43, jm51 said:

In the 70s, I was a labourer on a building site of Nofines houses. Built for the council so no thought of resale value. One of the tradesmen told me that Nofines would be banned, then allowed again, then banned again etc.

Clever construction. Foundations laid and a few layers of bricks laid. Plywood shutters, (a mould for the concrete,) erected with the door and window frames installed. Concrete poured in and the shutters removed when the concrete had set. Concrete pebble dashed for better optics. Downstairs internal walls were breeze block and upstairs were Stramit. Compressed straw between 2 sheets of thick cardboard.

 

I bet when you built them, no one in the world would have thought they'd be the best performing asset class for 25 years, and people from the other side of the country would flock to buy them.

I saw this place in Bath, looks like it needs a fair bit spending on it, but on the presumption the front of the house hasn't got any structural damage, then there can only be the back and the roof that'd cost money.

Still £300,000 in cash for a 2 bed terrace that'd probably needs £50k thrown at it, is laughable.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/111342848#/?channel=RES_BUY

image.png.687f2b6971461406600bfa9cba61dbae.png

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

King Penda
1 hour ago, Hancock said:

I bet when you built them, no one in the world would have thought they'd be the best performing asset class for 25 years, and people from the other side of the country would flock to buy them.

I saw this place in Bath, looks like it needs a fair bit spending on it, but on the presumption the front of the house hasn't got any structural damage, then there can only be the back and the roof that'd cost money.

Still £300,000 in cash for a 2 bed terrace that'd probably needs £50k thrown at it, is laughable.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/111342848#/?channel=RES_BUY

image.png.687f2b6971461406600bfa9cba61dbae.png

I’m no builder but that’s going to cost more than 50k unless your doing it yourself and have 4 months spare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, King Penda said:

I’m no builder but that’s going to cost more than 50k unless your doing it yourself and have 4 months spare.

Im thinking 2 men, at 15k each for 3 months, and 20k on material.

But no idea could well cost more, but i wont be buying it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

King Penda
33 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Im thinking 2 men, at 15k each for 3 months, and 20k on material.

But no idea could well cost more, but i wont be buying it.

A rewire will be how much won’t be much change from 100k unless you have do it yourself and if you can afoard to not go work for months .rewire new windows doors kitchen that outside bit needs going looks to be a leak possible old radiator new central healing system that could be 40k alone 

Edited by King Penda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a greedy probate sale. Just start at the highest price possible and lower it until someone bites, innit.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, King Penda said:

A rewire will be how much won’t be much change from 100k unless you have do it yourself and if you can afoard to not go work for months .rewire new windows doors kitchen that outside bit needs going looks to be a leak possible old radiator new central healing system that could be 40k alone 

Most of the cost of re-wiring comes from pulling the cables through which anyone can do themselves, but it'd only cost a few grand to pay someone.

Here are my fag packet calculations.

Rewiring - £3000

Double glazing/ Front and back door £5000 

Kitchen £4000

Bathroom - £1000

Central Heating system £7000

Plastering £3000

Sorting out back and extending kitchen £10,000

Roof £10,000

Tiling £1000

Carpentry work to move bathroom between rooms - £3,000

Internal doors and fitting £2000

Rendering of exterior £3000.

Carpets £2000

11 hours ago, spunko said:

Looks like a greedy probate sale. Just start at the highest price possible and lower it until someone bites, innit.

Someone somewhere couldnt have cared less how the person was living when alive!

Edited by Hancock
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/08/2021 at 15:41, King Penda said:

I’m no builder but that’s going to cost more than 50k unless your doing it yourself and have 4 months spare.

@Hancock though he was auditioning for the next series of `Homes under the hammer` :-) :-) :-)

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...