DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Cash buyers only

sarahbell

8 hours ago, Hancock said:

Most of the cost of re-wiring comes from pulling the cables through which anyone can do themselves, but it'd only cost a few grand to pay someone.

Here are my fag packet calculations.

Rewiring - £3000

Double glazing/ Front and back door £5000 

Kitchen £4000

Bathroom - £1000

Central Heating system £7000

Plastering £3000

Sorting out back and extending kitchen £10,000

Roof £10,000

Tiling £1000

Carpentry work to move bathroom between rooms - £3,000

Internal doors and fitting £2000

Rendering of exterior £3000.

Carpets £2000

Someone somewhere couldnt have cared less how the person was living when alive!

But since Brexit all the Eastern European `craftsmen` have gone back home! :-) :-) :-)

6 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

@Hancock though he was auditioning for the next series of `Homes under the hammer` :-) :-) :-)

He broke it down well it did not say if there was outside labour involved

On 22/08/2021 at 13:43, Hancock said:

I bet when you built them, no one in the world would have thought they'd be the best performing asset class for 25 years, and people from the other side of the country would flock to buy them.

I saw this place in Bath, looks like it needs a fair bit spending on it, but on the presumption the front of the house hasn't got any structural damage, then there can only be the back and the roof that'd cost money.

Still £300,000 in cash for a 2 bed terrace that'd probably needs £50k thrown at it, is laughable.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/111342848#/?channel=RES_BUY

image.png.687f2b6971461406600bfa9cba61dbae.png

Popular when they were built, strangely just after the war when the buildings in central Bath needed refurbishment and the cost of cook and butler no longer quite so affordable prices for the likes of the above were similar to 4/5 storey townhouses in Brock street in the centre of town.

Similar places in much better / liveable condition were £50K-£60Kin mid 90's.

24 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

@Hancock though he was auditioning for the next series of `Homes under the hammer` :-) :-) :-)

It would be much better if i was presenting.

The abuse i would give them for the shitholes they bought at auction and expected to make money from would be some of the finest TV ever!

Be a blend of Mike Strutter meets Homes Under The Hammer.

7 minutes ago, Hancock said:

It would be much better if i was presenting.

The abuse i would give them for the shitholes they bought at auction and expected to make money from would be some of the finest TV ever!

Be a blend of Mike Strutter meets Homes Under The Hammer.

"He's made your school dinners almost as tasteless as his jacket"..classic! :-)))

10 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Because salaries haven't moved on much since eh...and x3 salary is about right.

OK £350,000 is closer if it makes you happy, but i could make £400-500 rather easily as a painter and decorator in the 90s, doubt the average painter doing price work gets much more than £600-700 a week in 2021.

On 29/07/2021 at 13:43, jm51 said:

In the 70s, I was a labourer on a building site of Nofines houses. Built for the council so no thought of resale value. One of the tradesmen told me that Nofines would be banned, then allowed again, then banned again etc.

Clever construction. Foundations laid and a few layers of bricks laid. Plywood shutters, (a mould for the concrete,) erected with the door and window frames installed. Concrete poured in and the shutters removed when the concrete had set. Concrete pebble dashed for better optics. Downstairs internal walls were breeze block and upstairs were Stramit. Compressed straw between 2 sheets of thick cardboard.

What was it like in construction back then?

On 22/08/2021 at 13:43, Hancock said:

I bet when you built them, no one in the world would have thought they'd be the best performing asset class for 25 years, and people from the other side of the country would flock to buy them.

I saw this place in Bath, looks like it needs a fair bit spending on it, but on the presumption the front of the house hasn't got any structural damage, then there can only be the back and the roof that'd cost money.

Still £300,000 in cash for a 2 bed terrace that'd probably needs £50k thrown at it, is laughable.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/111342848#/?channel=RES_BUY

image.png.687f2b6971461406600bfa9cba61dbae.png

8 years ago that sort of shitpit would prolly fetch just over 150k. 

31 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

8 years ago that sort of shitpit would prolly fetch just over 150k. 

Joys of Help to Buy, Funding for Lending, endless ZIRP etc...

Just shows cash is no longer king, even for 2 bed shitpits that are being kept standing by the goodwill of their neighbours who seemingly look after their houses.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another cash buyers only.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/113109476#/?channel=RES_BUY

I think it's absolutely beautiful - but I wouldn't go near it. The surveyor's report on the Council website rips it apart and says it's an inadequate build quality throughout. You'd need to be spending at least £150 - £200k on it to bring it up to standards. Sod that!

The price is mental. I bet it sells for about £450k.

15 minutes ago, spunko said:

I think it's absolutely beautiful - but I wouldn't go near it. The surveyor's report on the Council website rips it apart and says it's an inadequate build quality throughout. You'd need to be spending at least £150 - £200k on it to bring it up to standards. Sod that!

Yes some daft tart and her cucked fella, will see loads of potential in that ... sort of place they'll be able to "make memories"!

1 hour ago, UmBongo said:

Kitchens don't come any more basic than that! :)

Nice extra rows of tiles around the bath when the shower was installed. 

Looking at the history of it, it's been in the same landed gentry family since it was built 130 years ago. And they've probably never spent a penny on it, probably rented it out piecemeal to a worker or friend. Same situation as my house and trust me I'd never do it again or at least not without a break of at least twenty years it's just too expensive and exhausting. 

Admittedly mine is structurally a lot better and had a basic bathroom and kitchen and they white washed it before the sale due to bring chain smokers so wasn't as awful as that one inside but not far off :CryBaby:

According to the structural report on the council's website both gable ends needs to be rebuilt. I dread to think how much that'd cost, maybe @onlyme will have an idea but on a listed building I can't see there being much change from 50k just to do that.

2 hours ago, spunko said:

Wonderful looking old building though, got a link to the report out of curiosity? 

35 minutes ago, Loki said:

Wonderful looking old building though, got a link to the report out of curiosity? 

Not right now but if you put in the planning reference number into the Tunbridge Wells planning website it shows you there.

17 hours ago, spunko said:

According to the structural report on the council's website both gable ends needs to be rebuilt. I dread to think how much that'd cost, maybe @onlyme will have an idea but on a listed building I can't see there being much change from 50k just to do that.

I would say that this little snippet in the description should have been given a teensy weensy bit more prominence.

Important Notice: Amhurst Hill Farmhouse is not habitable 

:D

45 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I would say that this little snippet in the description should have been given a teensy weensy bit more prominence.

Important Notice: Amhurst Hill Farmhouse is not habitable 

:D

The surveyor recommended that whoever buys it goes down the 'urgent works notice' route. Basically you don't need to apply for Listed Building Consent beforehand, just do the work then apply retrospectively. The only reason they ever recommend this is when it's basically falling down and needs rescuing.

Someone savvy (and patient) could buy it, then file it under the "At Risk" register with the council / Historic England, then get them to stump up the repairs. Problem is it takes years and isn't guaranteed.

On 07/09/2021 at 16:34, spunko said:

Brickies can work pretty quick. Depends how bad it is obviously. Surprising what you can do with a brickie his mate and a strongboy 😂

On 07/09/2021 at 16:34, spunko said:

What county do you reside? Not sure if you mentioned or don't want to

Archived