Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Cancel the Olympics


Frank Hovis
 Share

Recommended Posts

Frank Hovis

This is from the radio so no link.

Japan had low rates of Covid in the first and second waves so didn't have the mad scramble for vaccines like we did.

Their third wave is however roaring away and they are now going for mass vaccination but are a long way off.

In polls most people in Japan want the Olympics to be cancelled because they don't want thousands of people pouring in from all over the world, bringing every variant with them, when the third wave has already fired up.

If cancelled Japan is liable for costs but with everyone piling on huge amounts of national debt that's not a big deal.

Common sense suggests to cancel it.

But common sense has been vanishingly rare in the madhouse that opened its doors in March 2020.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod
8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This is from the radio so no link.

Japan had low rates of Covid in the first and second waves so didn't have the mad scramble for vaccines like we did.

Their third wave is however roaring away and they are now going for mass vaccination but are a long way off.

In polls most people in Japan want the Olympics to be cancelled because they don't want thousands of people pouring in from all over the world, bringing every variant with them, when the third wave has already fired up.

If cancelled Japan is liable for costs but with everyone piling on huge amounts of national debt that's not a big deal.

Common sense suggests to cancel it.

But common sense has been vanishingly rare in the madhouse that opened its doors in March 2020.

Bit unfair on athletes who have trained their entire lives for this and only have one or two shots in their prime.

I hope they can come to some accommodation like competing without spectators just piped in crown noise, or with limited numbers of Japanese residents only.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
10 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Bit unfair on athletes who have trained their entire lives for this and only have one or two shots in their prime.

I hope they can come to some accommodation like competing without spectators just piped in crown noise, or with limited numbers of Japanese residents only.

Can't they do it by zoom?

  • Lol 7
  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell
31 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Bit unfair on athletes who have trained their entire lives for this and only have one or two shots in their prime.

I hope they can come to some accommodation like competing without spectators just piped in crown noise, or with limited numbers of Japanese residents only.

They already have agreed limited numbers of Japanese only spectators. Not more than 5k a stadium.

They just don't want the entire planet sending planes there. It's not just Olympic teams, it's presumably all the support services to keep people locked up and fed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funn3r
54 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Bit unfair on athletes who have trained their entire lives for this and only have one or two shots in their prime.

I hope they can come to some accommodation like competing without spectators just piped in crown noise, or with limited numbers of Japanese residents only.

I always felt there was something weird about "The Olympics" anyway. Huge money spinner run by the same mysteriously cliquey and arrogant kind of establishment people as WEF. Would not surprise me if Olympics were at least partly cover for money laundering and people trafficking. 

As you say a shame for athletes who bought in to the story and want their shot at the top. 

If they want to shut down their fake games for fear of a fake disease then I'm good with that. 

  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stunley Andwin

It's absolutely vital that they take place. If these silly cunts don't want them to take place in their country, then the IOC should give them a massive fine for breach of contract and move them to Florida or Texas or Sweden. There will be no special preparations or stadiums needed if no or minimal number of fans are allowed.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OurDayWillCome

Cancel it and give everyone a Gold. It worked with last years exams.

  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
18 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

It's absolutely vital that they take place. If these silly cunts don't want them to take place in their country, then the IOC should give them a massive fine for breach of contract and move them to Florida or Texas or Sweden. There will be no special preparations or stadiums needed if no or minimal number of fans are allowed.

 

Why?

People have lost homes, businesses and many their lives through Lockdowns.

I'm in a minority in not being that interested in the Olympics, I saw hardly any of London 2012 and what I did see wasn't through choice, but ultimately it isn't that important.  School sports day on a larger scale.  Who can run the fastest?

I've been anti-Lockdown from the word go but as it has been brought in wholesale I see no reason for the Olympics to be given any special status.

This reminds me of the tale of the dragon (= flames of Moloch / Crom Cruach) who left the city alone as long as it was given a child to eat every month.  The child was identfiied by drawing lots and this went on with the town sacrificing their children for the "greater good".  Then one day the Kings daughter was chosen.  Whereupon he launched a huge effort to get a knight to come to slay the dragon / Moloch and they woudl be hugely rewarded.  The knight arrived, slew the dragon, and the princess was saved.

Even when I first heard this as a little kid I thought "Why did nobody care about the other children?".

The Olympics are that Princess.  When we have already fed so much into the flames of Moloch I really coudn't give a stuff about the Princess going as well.

  • Agree 6
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

onlyme
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

 

Why?

People have lost homes, businesses and many their lives through Lockdowns.

I'm in a minority in not being that interested in the Olympics, I saw hardly any of London 2012 and what I did see wasn't through choice, but ultimately it isn't that important.  School sports day on a larger scale.  Who can run the fastest?

I've been anti-Lockdown from the word go but as it has been brought in wholesale I see no reason for the Olympics to be given any special status.

This reminds me of the tale of the dragon (= flames of Moloch / Crom Cruach) who left the city alone as long as it was given a child to eat every month.  The child was identfiied by drawing lots and this went on with the town sacrificing their children for the "greater good".  Then one day the Kings daughter was chosen.  Whereupon he launched a huge effort to get a knight to come to slay the dragon / Moloch and they woudl be hugely rewarded.  The knight arrived, slew the dragon, and the princess was saved.

Even when I first heard this as a little kid I thought "Why did nobody care about the other children?".

The Olympics are that Princess.  When we have already fed so much into the flames of Moloch I really coudn't give a stuff about the Princess going as well.

Yep, they might even bother using therapeutics rather than clinging onto money making vaccines.

Stop all air travel including private businessmen / celebs if the variants are that much trouble.

Might concentrate a few minds, or loosen the tongues of those fucks that know exactly what has been going down but care for their own interests too much.

 

Edited by onlyme
  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
57 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

They already have agreed limited numbers of Japanese only spectators. Not more than 5k a stadium.

They just don't want the entire planet sending planes there. It's not just Olympic teams, it's presumably all the support services to keep people locked up and fed.

The BBC usually sends a couple of hundred for a jolly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Generation Game

The Olympics doesn't start for 6-7 weeks. The numbers will be past their peak by then. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funn3r
56 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This reminds me of the tale of the dragon (= flames of Moloch / Crom Cruach) who left the city alone as long as it was given a child to eat every month.  The child was identfiied by drawing lots and this went on with the town sacrificing their children for the "greater good".  Then one day the Kings daughter was chosen.  Whereupon he launched a huge effort to get a knight to come to slay the dragon / Moloch and they woudl be hugely rewarded.  The knight arrived, slew the dragon, and the princess was saved.

Leaving aside the origin of dragon-slaying myths I think your tale is a very neat statement of why societies are as they are. The king didn't have to try very hard to keep the child sacrifice going because the whole population cheered it on, as it was unlikely to be their own child selected. Anyone who spoke out and said it was wrong was shouted down as an anti-vaxer er I mean someone who would kill everyone by annoying the gods and making the crops fail.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

 

Why?

People have lost homes, businesses and many their lives through Lockdowns.

I'm in a minority in not being that interested in the Olympics, I saw hardly any of London 2012 and what I did see wasn't through choice, but ultimately it isn't that important.  School sports day on a larger scale.  Who can run the fastest?

I've been anti-Lockdown from the word go but as it has been brought in wholesale I see no reason for the Olympics to be given any special status.

This reminds me of the tale of the dragon (= flames of Moloch / Crom Cruach) who left the city alone as long as it was given a child to eat every month.  The child was identfiied by drawing lots and this went on with the town sacrificing their children for the "greater good".  Then one day the Kings daughter was chosen.  Whereupon he launched a huge effort to get a knight to come to slay the dragon / Moloch and they woudl be hugely rewarded.  The knight arrived, slew the dragon, and the princess was saved.

Even when I first heard this as a little kid I thought "Why did nobody care about the other children?".

The Olympics are that Princess.  When we have already fed so much into the flames of Moloch I really coudn't give a stuff about the Princess going as well.

The knight didn’t just save the princess, he saved every future child sacrifice too. If the princess didn’t get saved, the kingdoms children are sacrificed in perpetuity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
3 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

The knight didn’t just save the princess, he saved every future child sacrifice too. If the princess didn’t get saved, the kingdoms children are sacrificed in perpetuity.

True but no effort was made to stop the "ordinary" children dying and none would have been made had not the Princess been selected.

The UK's "Princess selected" moment was when Boris had a bad dose of the Covids early last year.  He went from toughing it out until the protection of herd immunity was inevitably reached to being scared of his own shadow.

"Whatever you say Mr Whitty.  Yes Dad."

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

True but no effort was made to stop the "ordinary" children dying and none would have been made had not the Princess been selected.

The UK's "Princess selected" moment was when Boris had a bad dose of the Covids early last year.  He went from toughing it out until the protection of herd immunity was inevitably reached to being scared of his own shadow.

"Whatever you say Mr Whitty.  Yes Dad."

Boris being covided bought it home that if sufficient high up people got in need of even a bit of medical attention things would end very badly.

But we were locked down by the time he got it?

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The BBC usually sends a couple of hundred for a jolly.

Not quite. For Rio they conducted a cost saving operation and only sent 455.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MrLibertyRedux
2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Can't they do it by zoom?

 

2 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Surely “Teams” would be the preferred app.

100M sprint:

"Can you see me? Can you see me now? Is anyone there?"

  • Lol 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yadda yadda yadda
13 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

 

100M sprint:

"Can you see me? Can you see me now? Is anyone there?"

"Hello, I can't hear you! Was that the gun? Oh shit."

Meanwhile the Chinese competitor turned the camera off for a second and reappeared just before the finish line. Strangely he had barely broken sweat. A minute later he was hugging his twin brother who had dressed in team uniform to support him.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Hovis
16 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

 

100M sprint:

"Can you see me? Can you see me now? Is anyone there?"

 

Or alternatively every country simply hold their own races and then medals are awarded based upon the times returned.

I predict that Kim Jong Un will make Olympic history by gloriously winning one hundred gold medals!

His strongest performances were in the men's 100m (3.5 seconds) and the mile (2 minutes).

rts1fkh1.jpg

  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bear Hug

In the clown world scenario they will cancel proper Olympics but keep paralympics because of diversity.

I was joking but the only outcome that would surprise me is that of things happening as normal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
17 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

In the clown world scenario they will cancel proper Olympics but keep paralympics because of diversity.

I was joking but the only outcome that would surprise me is that of things happening as normal. 

Good point.

And next time we will need to have the jabbed and unjabbed Olympics.

Jabbed to be held in the USA, unjabbed to be held in Merthy Tydfil no doubt.

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harley
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Jabbed to be held in the USA, unjabbed to be held in Merthy Tydfil no doubt.

Merthyr, knife crime capital of Wales! :)  You knew that didn't you! :)

Edited by Harley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...