DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Negative Interest Rates

With a crooked smile

8 hours ago, Hancock said:

No chance of getting a plot to build on i take it.

Here is one .. ive an auntie who had a huge bungalow with one of the best views in Rothbury, she bought the house for the cost of that plot about 25 years ago
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-67831482.html

image.png.8867e2826d53cfdc7f4fe739992a0e6a.png

The planning permission on that plot has expired.

not a problem as you should be able to get it again but it’s not currently valid

With a crooked smile
34 minutes ago, eek said:

The planning permission on that plot has expired.

not a problem as you should be able to get it again but it’s not currently valid

Doesn't supprise me. The EA is the worst locally for over pricing mislabelling houses as having more bedrooms than they have and taking photos that make it look like the property has someone else's garden included. 

1 hour ago, Innkeeper said:

Actually if you live within sight of a National Park (as I do), it is highly unlikely, if not impossible, that any development apart from the odd house will be allowed.  This is because local planning must take into account any construction that will interfere with the Parks’ natural setting.  The Parks are therefore given the opportunity to comment/object to planning outside the Park concerned if it will interfere with the Park.

I knew nothing of all this till I moved to my current home but in fact you end up with the best of both worlds living just outside as planning inside the Parks is very restrictive (tough luck on that extension to your two bed farm cottage).

Sorry, but this is not true, at least not in the SE. There has been plenty of development within sight of/adjacent to National Parks such as the South Downs National Park. You are right in that it is harder, versus a site with no protection on it, but it's not correct to say it's impossible.

Plus it relies on conventional planning laws which are constantly at risk of being ripped up by Lib/Lab/Con who wish to welcome all and sundry over the border.

PS: Greenbelt isn't protected any more either. Here is a map showing medium and large propsoed or granted developments in the "definitely cannot build in it" London Greenbelt since 2015:

LGBmap160517-300x261.jpg

Here is the interactive map, these aren't smallscale developments.

http://londongreenbeltcouncil.org.uk/threats_map/

You may want to (or not...) look into Garden City planning. They are attempting to circumvent nearly all existing planning laws. And some National Parks are inviting the bulldozers... https://www.theplanner.co.uk/news/national-park-asks-builders-to-consider-the-park-for-new-homes

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, spunko said:

I would try to buy in the National Park personally. There's nothing worse than finding your 'dream home' only for a developer to come along a year later and try to build a new town in the adjacent field.

Funny you should say that. The place I had to leave for the holiday home owner has a field directly opposite.

Planning permission just gone in for 8 houses.

Apart from the build noise and dust, it will bugger their view.

If only they had asked me. I knew it was in the pipeline as I know the field's owner.

Shame.

Just now, Wight Flight said:

Apart from the build noise and dust, it will bugger their view.

Well, there is no right to a view in planning sadly. And the council won't consider dust/noise from construction either as a factor. 8 houses is nothing mind, I'd not be bothered if they built 80 even, it's when they start planning new towns in the thousands of homes region that things get a bit hairy.

2 hours ago, spunko said:

Sorry, but this is not true, at least not in the SE. There has been plenty of development within sight of/adjacent to National Parks such as the South Downs National Park. You are right in that it is harder, versus a site with no protection on it, but it's not correct to say it's impossible.

Plus it relies on conventional planning laws which are constantly at risk of being ripped up by Lib/Lab/Con who wish to welcome all and sundry over the border.

PS: Greenbelt isn't protected any more either. Here is a map showing medium and large propsoed or granted developments in the "definitely cannot build in it" London Greenbelt since 2015:

LGBmap160517-300x261.jpg

Here is the interactive map, these aren't smallscale developments.

http://londongreenbeltcouncil.org.uk/threats_map/

You may want to (or not...) look into Garden City planning. They are attempting to circumvent nearly all existing planning laws. And some National Parks are inviting the bulldozers... https://www.theplanner.co.uk/news/national-park-asks-builders-to-consider-the-park-for-new-homes

Because if you read the article in the dales (where I know the planning policies in complete detail) there are an awful lot of sites which have permission to be built on but little demand from builders to build those properties.

That's got a lot to do with the landowners not liking the real price of the land rather than their dreamed for price but even if the plot make x financial sense the builders usually go for bigger sites and most Dale's sites are small.

Of course it also depends on which part of the dales you live in as different rules apply in different parts. In the new parts (taken over from South Lakes) the old policies were so bad you can get away with virtually anything anywhere  

Archived