• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Which country has ROP people desperate to leave?

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

That's probably a bit mean! I hope I am never in a shithole I am desperate to get out of. Mind you, Weston is just up the road!

I guess the feeling is that if you are fleeing from a war zone, in fear of your life, it must be better to Benin a country that is relatively safer. Beggars and choosers and all that... 

Just now, One percent said:

I guess the feeling is that if you are fleeing from a war zone, in fear of your life, it must be better to Benin a country that is relatively safer. Beggars and choosers and all that... 

I hope I am never in that situation.:CryBaby:

Uruguay gave Syrian refugees asylum where they would be safe and free to practice their religion.

Cost of living was apparently too high and with no other ROP peeps about left them begging to leave.

Edited by JackieO

10 hours ago, One percent said:

As we all do I suppose. I guess the Jews fleeing hitler felt the same. They got on with it and stood on their own feet. 

This is SOuth America. Didn;t the Nazis end up there too - Gobbel's chains of key cutters?

Interesting the story is in a Vice -- a news source started to discuss prozzys and drugs.

Its sort of refreshing to read articles that look like theyve not been thru the censorship desk of a SJW type.

Call it MSM if you like, but the MSM has a problem - I read articles on similar subjects and they are just unbalanced and missing another opinion/balance.

There appears to be a side - picked by the news org or jounro, and thats where it is.

Its very noticable about Muslims at the moment. The MSM line is they are nice + peace loving which is obviously not the case for a very signicant percentage.

Take the Rhohinga - Muskims but a long way from the ME so you cannot really blame the whiteman.

Take this article on the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/08/desmond-tutu-condemns-aung-san-suu-kyi-price-of-your-silence-is-too-steep

Fails to mention that AungSan is hardly operating in a normal country - shes spent the last 20 odd years locked in a garden by an army that still pulls all the strings. Shes not even a leader - the army wont let her. Shes trying to rule a country via a long length proxy.

The article does not address the main problem - most of the current Rhoningas are recent illegal migrants.

It fails to mention the large number of Rhoninga miltiant groups operating, some very much ISIS like.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/08/desmond-tutu-condemns-aung-san-suu-kyi-price-of-your-silence-is-too-steep

The comments follow the jounro - poor muzers, Something most be done! Take her NObel off her etc.

The very rare one seems to be aware of the situation:

'I do not know what is really going on in Burma including what is going on behind the scenes, and neither, i suspect, do any of those commenting here. The attacks on army bases and killing of government soldiers by the Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army reminded me of the attacks on army basis in Sri Lanka 3 decades by the Tamil Tigers. The purpose of those attacks by the Tigers was to incite the majority population to acts of violence against the Tamil minority, thus driving the latter into the arms of the Tamil Tigers for "protection". The subsequent events proved devastating for the Tamil lower castes who then became cannon fodder for the gangsters and criminals controlling the Tamil Tigers who quietly took their families out of the country to the West while the lower castes remained behind to fight and die.

These events in Burma probably have to take their course and Aung San Suu Kyi can probably do little at this stage except to give full support to the Burmese security forces in dealing with the Rihingya terrorists whilst also trying to mitigate the anger of the majority population and try to get them to grant citizenship to at least some of the Moslem Rohingya. Given what some of their co-religionist are doing nearby in the name of Islam in Burma, the Philippines and Thailand, that won't be easy.'

'Nothing can justify violence against civilians.

It's overly simplistic to merely blame the Buddhists without considering how the Rohingyas are separatists, have been involved in violent uprisings (because they couldn't get their way originally to be part of East Pakistan), their links with Al Qaeda, and of course ISIS and the fact they brought this down on themselves as reprisals for more recent violence.

I get that they wanted to be part of East Pakistan (a muslim country - now Bangladesh), but why should countries cede land and reduce their borders just because muslims want it so?'

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Take the Rhohinga - Muskims but a long way from the ME so you cannot really blame the whiteman.

World service last night. A panel of talking heads. The argument was that it is all the imperialist's fault as these muslims were taken to Burma by the British to run things. Have not a clue as to the accuracy of this but thought it interesting that they managed to lever a "it's the white mans fault" argument into the debate. 

12 hours ago, JackieO said:

It's a pity the story is as badly reported (but in a different way) as it would be in the Guardian, as I'm quite curious to know the real story here. In theory, Uruguay should be ok for anyone. They say it's too expensive and difficult, this I can believe, don't think the poorer classes live that well anywhere in Latin America. Better than war though. Are they workshy or discriminated against, or both? 

Want to know more, but can't see how I will find out. The Msm will say poor poor  put-upon Muslims, and the alt-right will say or imply useless lazy Muslims, and we will never know the truth.

Just now, One percent said:

World service last night. A panel of talking heads. The argument was that it is all the imperialist's fault as these muslims were taken to Burma by the British to run things. Have not a clue as to the accuracy of this but thought it interesting that they managed to lever a "it's the white mans fault" argument into the debate. 

Jave they nopt got an atlas?

Youll see that the border of Burma and Bhangladesh.

The Britsh empire had a stab at creating countries bounded by relgion.// tribe. And to overlay some semblance of law/civil society.

You can make a strong argument hat these region would be in a much worse .

Anyhow, speculation aside, facts:

1960 populations:

Burma: 20m
Bangladesh: 48m

2016:

Burma: 52m
Bhangladesh: 165m

Can anyone see the problem?

16 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

It's a pity the story is as badly reported (but in a different way) as it would be in the Guardian, as I'm quite curious to know the real story here. In theory, Uruguay should be ok for anyone. They say it's too expensive and difficult, this I can believe, don't think the poorer classes live that well anywhere in Latin America. Better than war though. Are they workshy or discriminated against, or both? 

Want to know more, but can't see how I will find out. The Msm will say poor poor  put-upon Muslims, and the alt-right will say or imply useless lazy Muslims, and we will never know the truth.

Between the two.

There  are a few secular Mulsims who'd behave pretty much like the majority of the West - they study, they work, they dont kill each oter.

Syria was a stable, secular developing country that had something close to nan economy.

However, Islam does generate a *lot* of useless, work dodging,, benefit sucking, blowy uppy bbastrd.

Again, Syria had a hefty number of those.

tside of the ME, where Islam was brought by trade used to be different. However, they are going the same way know.

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Interesting the story is in a Vice -- a news source started to discuss prozzys and drugs.

Its sort of refreshing to read articles that look like theyve not been thru the censorship desk of a SJW type.

I started this thread in a lighthearted way like Blimey a country the ROP'ers are desperate to get out of!!

The original story was from Reuters

Syrian refugees in Uruguay say they want to move elsewhere

MONTEVIDEO (Reuters) - Five families of Syrian refugees granted asylum in Uruguay last year protested outside the president’s offices on Monday, demanding they be allowed to leave the South American country in search of better jobs, even back in the Middle East.

Uruguay accepted the 42 Syrians fleeing civil war in October 2014, but the families said they felt the leftist government had failed to deliver on a promise of good incomes.

“I am not afraid to go back to Lebanon,” said 36-year-old Aldees Maher, whose family had initially sought safety in a refugee camp across the border from Syria. “I want a place that guarantees me, my family a life.”

Their protests come as Europe struggles to cope with record numbers of asylum seekers escaping conflicts in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, and illustrate the challenge host nations face integrating the often-destitute refugees.

In Uruguay, a secular country with a tiny Muslim population of about 300, the refugees receive housing, health care, education and financial support from the government. Even so, they have struggled to settle in and relations with locals have been strained.

“I don’t have any way of getting a job to earn enough money and look after the family. Before we came, the embassy told us we could earn $1,500 a month,” said Maher.

Maher said he would demonstrate in front of President Tabare Vazquez’ office until the families’ demands were answered.

The refugees hold an identity and travel document that is recognized internationally, but other states can deny them entry.

Maher and his family returned to Uruguay after spending 20 days in Istanbul’s airport in August after immigration officials refused them entry to Turkey.

“If they want to go, they can. But it is not up to us whether another country allows them entry,” said Javier Miranda, head of the human rights secretariat inside the presidency.

One 22-year-old Syrian who identified herself as Sanaa said she felt deceived by Uruguay’s treatment of the refugee group.

“It’s not what they said it would be like here. We want to leave,” she said.

Another group of 80 Syrian refugees is expected to land in the country before the end of the year.

Edited by JackieO