DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Side effects of protein supplements

maffo

Posted (edited)

All I seem to do is poo and fart since taking them! (Milkshakes). At least double the previous rate for poop 🤪 Is this normal? 

Edited by maffo
  • Cheers 1

One percent
Just now, maffo said:

All I seem to do is poo and fart since taking them! At least double the previous rate for poop 🤪 Is this normal? 

Are you talking beans?  Baked beans?  o.O

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Are you talking beans?  Baked beans?  o.O

I do eat them occasionally, every few days. I mean shakes for the most part

• Informative 1

Snake Plissken
On 06/06/2021 at 20:20, maffo said:

All I seem to do is poo and fart since taking them! (Milkshakes). At least double the previous rate for poop 🤪 Is this normal? 

I find the brand really matters, for me PHD is terrible farting, bloating the lot, gold standard is ok but reflex instant whey gives me hardly any problems. So i'd suggest trying a few different ones

ILikeCake

I've never had any problems but I know some people do.  Have they got any creatine in?  I know a few people get the shits when they take that.

I wouldn't recommend going over about 150g of protein per day. Your body can only create a certain amount of protease...

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Posted (edited)
On 09/06/2021 at 06:09, Stuey said:

I wouldn't recommend going over about 150g of protein per day. Your body can only create a certain amount of protease...

I'm doing about double maintenance levels for my muscle mass, it appears to be working for mass increase but I am not much stronger.

I'm looking considerably leaner though 👍🏻

Edited by maffo

11 minutes ago, maffo said:

I'm doing about double maintenance levels for my muscle mass, it appears to be working for mass increase but I am not much stronger.

Whose view of maintenance levels? The medical establishment recommends far too little protein..

I see 150-200g as a hard limit, anything above is wasted unless on vitamin S...

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

On 08/06/2021 at 13:17, ILikeCake said:

I've never had any problems but I know some people do.  Have they got any creatine in?  

Nope, pre-work out has but I rarely use it. Only every few weeks if I do a friend's CrossFit session. Doesn't appear to be an issue.

3 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Whose view of maintenance levels? The medical establishment recommends far too little protein..

I see 150-200g as a hard limit, anything above is wasted unless on vitamin S...

Maintenance for me is around 80g apparently, so 160g seems good. I'm 15.5 stone with over 12.5 of muscle. I'm currently 18% body fat, down from nearly 30 😬

ElKapitan84
1 hour ago, maffo said:

Who cares about strength.  Go for hypertrophy.

On 11/06/2021 at 11:07, ElKapitan84 said:

Let's not go all bodybuilding forums on here :Beer:

So long as you're training hard, that's 99% of the battle won. The little details don't matter

On 11/06/2021 at 11:07, ElKapitan84 said:

Why bother at all then, just go to a cosmetic surgeon. 
If it’s looks then who’s it for as women don’t go for the ‘I spend my life at the gym and drinking protein shakes’ look, it’s trying too hard. The only people you’ll impress is other similar minded gym obsessed blokes.

• Agree 1

On 17/06/2021 at 06:22, SNACR said:

If it’s looks then who’s it for as women don’t go for the ‘I spend my life at the gym and drinking protein shakes’ look, it’s trying too hard. The only people you’ll impress is other similar minded gym obsessed blokes.

1611870474593.thumb.png.315435cfbdfac00df27c49767dee9591.png

• Love 1
  • Lol 3

ElKapitan84

Well, they actually do.

• Agree 2

Big Boy

women don’t go for the ‘I spend my life at the gym and drinking protein shakes’ look

spacer.png

• Lol 1

Bear Hug

I had C8 with coffee first thing in the morning, then creatine mixed with water during workout. Had to leave early as the mix wasn't agreeing with me and was trying to escape (at least it was from the right end). 

• Lol 2

Suffering a bit after ~160g of protein today. Had my car windows open and sure the lass behind smelt the result B|

Roger_Mellie

Keep telling yourself that. I've mentioned before my mate who is a serious lifter, total beast, when we go out he has so much fanny pestering him it's embarrassing. Alas, he couldn't resist temptation and it cost him his marriage. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

9 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Keep telling yourself that. I've mentioned before my mate who is a serious lifter, total beast, when we go out he has so much fanny pestering him it's embarrassing. Alas, he couldn't resist temptation and it cost him his marriage. 

Doesn’t seem to be working for Andi Peters he’s turned himself into the Michelin man and still hasn’t found Miss Right.

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

Try peppermint oil, it's really helped my digestion settle down. I take one of these a day, two if I've been on spicy food :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BP6F6K2/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_GKFHGAWNYS87RRC3PXQV

beware that until you get used to them, they do repeat on you a bit, and some people complain of heartburn. The recommendation is to take one before eating, but I normally take one without food every morning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2021 at 06:09, Stuey said:

Off the top of my head think most the research points to even less than that, 120g is a upper limit for most people unless you're on the gear. Protein supplements are a scam unless you really can't eat proper meals for certain reasons. Eggs, yogurt, chicken, steak, nuts, fish job done. 

• Agree 2

ElKapitan84
On 30/06/2021 at 19:07, Roger_Mellie said:

Y'see, if this were reversed, the husband would be getting the blame.  So let's just say, did it cost him his marriage, or did his wife's complacency cost her her marriage?