DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sambucol Elderberry trial as treatment for Covid-19

Inigo

I've been taking Sambucol since around Jan 2020 following a comment by @Conniption, also because I like the taste.  I've also planted some Elder trees in the garden (I enjoy Elderflower cordial as well).  Interesting to see that the NHS have started a small scale trial to see if it can help treat Covid-19: https://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/news-centre/latest-news/east-kent-researchers-trial-black-elderberry-liquid-as-a-treatment-for-covid-19/

I'm not aware of any other trials for treatments for Covid-19, but perhaps there are others, just not well publicised.

Edited by Inigo
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 3
  • Cheers 1

M S E Refugee
2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I've been taking Sambucol since around Jan 2020 following a comment by @Conniption, also because I like the taste.  I've also planted some Elder trees in the garden (I enjoy Elderflower cordial as well).  Interesting to see that the NHS have started a small scale trial to see if it can help treat Covid-19: https://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/news-centre/latest-news/east-kent-researchers-trial-black-elderberry-liquid-as-a-treatment-for-covid-19/

I'm not aware of any other trials for treatments for Covid-19, but perhaps there are others, just not well publicised.

I have used it on and off for a while, I buy the Natures Best version as it is cheaper.

If it is effective it's sure to get banned.

• Agree 2

the gardener
3 hours ago, Inigo said:

They really are late to the party. I got some in Bach in Feb 20. Currently I have 6 bottles in the cupboard. I take it at first sign of a cold. Recently gave it to my son for his cold.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, the gardener said:

They really are late to the party.

I agree, but with all talk of Hydrochloroquine and Ivermectin suppressed, it is good that someone within the NHS is looking at cheap treatments.  It will be interesting to see what their conclusions are and what is done with the information afterwards.

A tremendous # on the lung
13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I agree, but with all talk of Hydrochloroquine and Ivermectin suppressed, it is good that someone within the NHS is looking at cheap treatments.  It will be interesting to see what their conclusions are and what is done with the information afterwards.

They'll probably give it to people in ICU and conclude that it's shit 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Austin Allegro

Even if it's no good against the Covids, you can still make excellent wine from elderberries - IMO the nearest thing to proper red grape wine - and elderflower champagne.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1