DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Hack & Trace - excellent!

Southmartin

@spunko Please merge with suitable existing if this has already been covered in a prior thread. but I just found it and think it's worthy of a thread of it's own if people don't know about it:

https://hack-and-trace.xyz

Basically a html version of the official Government app that makes it look like you scan code and give correct response!! 

you can also create a fake vaccine certificate with it (though I am going to use the manual Base64 method) as I don't want to input my name, dob etc into an third party site - even if it does say it doesn't go into a database)... but follow the method explained here and you don't even have to put anything: https://hack-and-trace.xyz/passport-info/ .... i've tried it but that method not working yet, can you guys ;et me know if you got it to work for you?

But overall this is fucking excellent! 

I'm not saying i'd use it to get on a plane, but I bet almost all other nazi vacs checkers will wave it through!

• Agree 3
  • Informative 3
  • Cheers 2
spunko

There are a few apps that do fake track and trace but this certificate looks legit...

There are a couple of issues with it, typos etc. The main issue being however that if the website is down, then the entire thing doesn't work. I hope they have bulletproof hosting :D

Fair play to the person who made it though, it's nice to know that not everyone is a retard. I'd start looking over your shoulder though cos they won't like this one bit.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
Andersen

I love the idea, top marks for sharing the link :Beer: 

Waiting with interest for comments & feedback from folk more experienced, I've avoided all places using scans so wouldn't know what a genuine one looks like :ph34r:

spunko
Just now, Andersen said:

I love the idea, top marks for sharing the link :Beer: 

Waiting with interest for comments & feedback from folk more experienced, I've avoided all places using scans so wouldn't know what a genuine one looks like :ph34r:

It isn't really that technical, it's just a website where you put in your (fake) details and then it gives you a unique URL so that if you bookmark it, then open it on your phone it'll take you to the fake certificate etc. It's made to look like the official NHS app, except it's actually a website. So your browser bar etc will be visible to anyone who looks sadly.

If someone knows how to wrap it as an APK (Android app) that will work better IMO.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
Southmartin
4 minutes ago, spunko said:

It isn't really that technical, it's just a website where you put in your (fake) details and then it gives you a unique URL so that if you bookmark it, then open it on your phone it'll take you to the fake certificate etc. It's made to look like the official NHS app, except it's actually a website. So your browser bar etc will be visible to anyone who looks sadly.

If someone knows how to wrap it as an APK (Android app) that will work better IMO.

Have you tried the Base64 method to generate a certificate page? I've not managed to get it to work yet

Yadda yadda yadda

I don't think anywhere is checking that you scan in correctly. If you just look like you're doing it, eg spend half a minute pressing stuff on your phone and pointing it at the qr code, then that is ok.

There might be places that are strict but I've not experienced that.

Edited by Yadda yadda yadda
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1
spunko
1 minute ago, Southmartin said:

Have you tried the Base64 method to generate a certificate page? I've not managed to get it to work yet

If you copy the base64 hash to your keyboard from the URL, then paste it here: https://www.base64decode.org/

It will decode back to the JSON format. He's added base64 encoding just to obfuscate the URL a bit.

If you copy the decoded base64 then paste it here, it should work: hack-and-trace.xyz/passport/view/[here]

Austin Allegro
1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I don't think anywhere is checking that you scan in correctly. If you just look like you're doing it, eg spend half a minute pressing stuff on your phone and pointing it at the we code, then that is ok.

There might be places that are strict but I've not experienced that.

My local pub barman was standing behind people to check they'd done it properly, but that's the only place I've seen that happen.

Yadda yadda yadda
Just now, Austin Allegro said:

My local pub barman was standing behind people to check they'd done it properly, but that's the only place I've seen that happen.

I've just seen the post on another thread. Lunacy.

Southmartin
5 minutes ago, spunko said:

If you copy the base64 hash to your keyboard from the URL, then paste it here: https://www.base64decode.org/

It will decode back to the JSON format. He's added base64 encoding just to obfuscate the URL a bit.

If you copy the decoded base64 then paste it here, it should work: hack-and-trace.xyz/passport/view/[here]

Sadly can't get it to work either way... Base64 of JSON... this is what I get (have obfuscated the base64 after first few chars)

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 14.50.38.png

MrLibertyRedux

Really like this. As @spunko says an app would be nice, but for anyone who gives it a cursory glance this good enough for the time being.

I'm going to drag my mate Big Jim (who is a luddite and only got a smart phone because of all this as he was worried he would not be able to go to the pub) out for a drink.

I will scan myself in and then proudly show him that I have had my second jab. Conversation to begin as follows;

Big Jim: "So you did get it in the end then eh Liberty?"

Liberty: "Well you see Jim, that might not actually be the case..."

As a minimmum it makes a mockery of the whole fiasco, which is a useful tool in itself.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 2
Austin Allegro
15 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I've just seen the post on another thread. Lunacy.

To be fair it's the only place I've seen that happen. In another pub nearby they didn't even bother, just pointed to some bits of paper by the door and said 'can one of you give a name' (there were six of us) and they didn't even check we did that.

• Agree 1
spunko

Last pub I went in they didn't even mention it. Same with the local cafe, think small businesses have given up now with it all.

It's the bigger chains that seem to bother, probably "staff training".

• Agree 2
Snake Plissken

The only place i've seen them bothered about this was in a costa coffee. The karen serving made everyone scan the costa qr which took you to their website where you had to type all your details into a webform, kept erroring with really shit field checking, then once done show her. There was a massive queue and i've not been back since. As I was leaving an old fella said i don't have a phone, she said hold on i'll go and get the store laptop. ffs

• Lol 8
1 hour ago, spunko said:

They just need to wrap the website as a SPA so can install it as an app and even though it will still run via a browser when the 'app' is opened it appears more app-like than a browser. B|

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

He can stand by me while I wave my old nokia dumbphone at the QR code. xD

So far I've not been turned away or asked to prove ID when filling in the paper alternative. Plenty more places to spend my money if it happens.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1
17 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

If smaller businesses are fucking it all off, that hopefully will see their trade tick right up.

Word will need to get out somehow.

3 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I tried the website , it's genius.  Have to say though that places I go don't care.

If anyone really did have the brass neck to demand to look at my phone screen then I have bookmarks for lemon party, goatse, and 2girls1cup ready to show them at a moment's notice.  

• Lol 4
  • Cheers 3
Heart's Ease
29 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I tried the website , it's genius.  Have to say though that places I go don't care.

If anyone really did have the brass neck to demand to look at my phone screen then I have bookmarks for lemon party, goatse, and 2girls1cup ready to show them at a moment's notice.  

I do not know 'lemon party', mercifully, although having learned about the other two from here I have an inkling of the direction it might be going in.

2 hours ago, PrincessDrac said:

Guys.

Cutting out the search header, it states..

View as a borderless, nested application.

How do you achieve this using Android Chrome app.

Open the menu when on the webpage, usually 3 dots at the bottom right or left of your browser, then click add to home page. 

Edited by Myco
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
3 hours ago, Heart's Ease said:

I do not know 'lemon party', mercifully,

Trying to find out not recommended. It is Batman and Robin "relaxing together."

PrincessDrac
3 hours ago, Myco said:

Open the menu when on the webpage, usually 3 dots at the bottom right or left of your browser, then click add to home page. 

I'll look into it.

Thank you. You're a gent.