DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Van Morrison's Had Enough....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loki

• Van Lady

• stokiescum

• JoeDavola

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meantime at G7 there is a mass gathering of people who are no doubt fine dining and quaffing champagne etc. All the security, catering etc. I’m sick of all this bullshit. Edited to add: lots

They are trying to break us. we need to break them instead, look at the G7 no quarantine, look at Gove - special pilot what will it take for people to wake up and realize freedom is gone unless we tak

For context - Van Morrison was set to perfom 4 shows over 4 nights to a small audience at a Hotel in Belfast. The the local government cancelled him at the last moment: https://www.bbc.co.uk

Posted Images

Expect something similar in English pubs on Sunday when the subordination starts before the game. There might not be booing in the stadium but I'm pretty sure every pub will have it... It's on BBC too so can't be hidden by advert breaks...

Edited by Stuey
  • Agree 3
JoeDavola
2 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

They are trying to break us. we need to break them instead, look at the G7 no quarantine, look at Gove - special pilot what will it take for people to wake up and realize freedom is gone unless we take it back. 

In my view it just needs the right perofile person with enough followers to kick it all off. 

They're doing it 'because they can'.

A power trip, plain and simple.

on 1 June, Culture Minister Deirdre Hargey had said on the floor of the Northern Ireland Assembly that the concerts could go ahead "as long as they keep within the regulations".

"Yesterday afternoon I received word from the Executive Office that these shows, despite the minister's assurances, did not comply with the regulations," Mr Hastings said.

"There is no part of the risk assessment that has been called into question.

"Both the PSNI and the enforcement officers of Belfast City Council who called with us understood the steps we had taken and why we thought we were entitled to proceed.

"Last night I made a request to the Executive Office one last time to consider the status of these shows, especially given the assurances I had been given.

"This afternoon they came back to say that they remain of the view that live music is unlawful at this time."

• Agree 4
One percent

I was looking for a list of his songs to make a witty retort.  I came across a song of his from last year:

https://www.songfacts.com/lyrics/van-morrison/no-more-lockdown

• No more lockdown
    No more government overreach
    No more fascist police
    Disturbing our peace

No more taking of our freedom
    And our God-given rights
    Pretending it's for our safety
    When it's really to enslave

Who's running our country?
    Who's running our world?
    Examine it closely
    And watch it unfurl

No more lockdown
    No more threats
    No more Imperial College scientists
    Making up crooked facts

No more lockdown
    No more pulling the wool over our eyes
    No more celebrities telling us
    Telling us what we're supposed to feel
    No more status quo
    Put your shoulder to the wheel

No more lockdown
    No more lockdown
    No more lockdown
    No more lockdown

No more lockdown
    No more government overreach
    No more fascist police
    Disturbing our peace

No more taking of our freedom
    And our God-given rights
    Pretending it's for our safety
    When it's really to enslave

Who's running our country?
    Who's running our world?
    Examine it closely
    And watch it unfurl

No more lockdown
    No more threats
    No more Imperial College scientists
    Making up crooked facts

No more lockdown
    No more pulling the wool over our eyes
    No more celebrities telling us
    How we're supposed to feel
    No more status quo
    Gotta put your shoulder to the wheel

No more lockdown
    No more lockdown
    No more lockdown
    No more lockdown
    No more lockdown
  • Agree 3
  • Cheers 5
JoeDavola
2 minutes ago, eight said:

What a cunt.

But that's a sizeable, and quite possibly a majority opinon in NI.

If this gets mentioned tonight on my whatsapp, it'll be a similar opinion to that.

People love the government telling them what they can and cannot do. And I don't think the government is going to forget that in a hurry.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 7
One percent
24 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Meantime at G7 there is a mass gathering of people who are no doubt fine dining and quaffing champagne etc. All the security, catering etc.

I’m sick of all this bullshit.

Edited to add: lots of international and U.K. travel involved too

Whilst us plebs are not allowed to travel overseas 

• Agree 5
Dogtania

Even skimming through the metro paper yesterday there were pictures and descriptions of celebs jetting here there fucking everywhere.  Thought they would keep Qt about but people don't seem to even care it was all about the Goss.  

• Agree 4
  • Informative 2
JoeDavola
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

But that's a sizeable, and quite possibly a majority opinon in NI.

If this gets mentioned tonight on my whatsapp, it'll be a similar opinion to that.

What did I tell ya:

image.png.95bb7a05f597f13c80f721efe58ef8b3.png

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I honestly can't imagine bothering with people like this.   This isn't a boast as I don't have many close friends but those that are close, agree with me on this whole thing.

• Agree 3
eight
2 minutes ago, Loki said:

I honestly can't imagine bothering with people like this.   This isn't a boast as I don't have many close friends but those that are close, agree with me on this whole thing.

Mrs. Eight and my boss at work are both possibly even more sceptical than I am.

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 3
2 minutes ago, eight said:

Mrs. Eight and my boss at work are both possibly even more sceptical than I am.

This has been made such a divisive issue that it probably sounds bad for me to say it like I did.

But ultimately I am not judging their soul/morality or whatever - I am simply seeing how gullible and blindly obedient they are.

I don't need "friends" like that.

Edited by Loki
  • Agree 4
JoeDavola

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't want to cut people off just because we disagree on this thing.

Yes I feel like they don't really know me as I can't be honest about these things, but then again there's very few people that one can be honest with about what's happening, and my opinion is very much in the minority.

• Agree 3
Van Lady
11 minutes ago, Loki said:

You’re lucky you have close friends. Many of us don’t! I understand why that has happened in my life but won’t bore anyone with my explanation.

I’m lucky that my adult son and daughter agree with me through making their own minds up.

Apart from them I only have a handful of acquaintances I can relate to about the current mass hysteria and insanity.

Today at a dog walk meeting of 8 people I kept my mouth shut when they were saying they’d rather lockdown was continued if things weren’t safe 🙄

I keep attending because my dogs like playing with the other dogs. If I had other like minded friends to meet with I would. It’s not easy to make new acquaintances never mind true close friends in better times but currently it’s very tough. I go to stand in the park but at Dumfries the attendance is averaging 20 folk.

• Agree 8
5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't want to cut people off just because we disagree on this thing.

Yes I feel like they don't really know me as I can't be honest about these things, but then again there's very few people that one can be honest with about what's happening, and my opinion is very much in the minority.

That's the thing though, I just can't imagine it like that with friends.

I call people I need to be like that around "customers"

• Agree 5
stokiescum
1 hour ago, One percent said:

Whilst us plebs are not allowed to travel overseas 

It’s good does not bother me it also makes the foreigners realise they need us .and I get to gloat and say I told you so to the jabbed regarding foreign holidays and the jab .

• Agree 2
7 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I go to stand in the park but at Dumfries the attendance is averaging 20 folk.

Do any of them have dogs? :)

Van Lady
2 minutes ago, ccc said:

Easily ten million in the UK are similarly mentally fucked by this. 

I’d guess the figure is much much higher. Much higher.

• Agree 1
Van Lady
1 minute ago, Loki said:

Do any of them have dogs? :)

Yes but I don’t take mine because they dislike standing still. You’re point is what?