DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Bob Geldof Supporting Anti-Brexit March

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

What's happened to Eddie Izzard?  No anti-democratic protest is complete without that buffoon and his vastly inflated sense of his own importance.

Eddie-Izzard-campaigning-2-619534.jpg

I seem to recall reading something that he was considered more a negative than a positive at such events. Or maybe he has gone down the full SRS route and will reappear as Caitlyn sometime in the future?

Funny how those once edgy artists end up selling out and become establishment shills.

Geldoff did better out of Band Aid than the Ethiopians we helped with our donation.

Really is a check for a non-Brit to be interfering so with our democracy; same can be said for that Millar woman.

Probably more to their interference than meets the eye.

30 minutes ago, eight said:

I am very suspicious of people who have turned a few pop hits forty years ago into international billionaire status.

It should be noted that was your 666 post on dosbods which probably tells you whose side Geldof is on and how he made his fortune.

BTW I saw the Boom Town Rats on their first UK tour in the 1970s and significantly everyone of the group of people who went to that gig with me thought he was a phoney even then so his subsequent transformation came as absolutely no surprise. Shit singer too for that matter. His records flatter him.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Earlier crowds gathered at Hyde Park corner to hear speakers including Lib Dem leader Vince Cable, who described the event as " a really great demonstration of our support for Britain's participation in Europe.

"We've got to absolutely stop the Brexit which this rather incompetent, disfunctional and disunited government are trying to force upon us," he continued

That's from Cable the incompetent, disfunctional and disunited.  Nobody objected to or objects to participation in europe.  They just voted to leave the eu.  Nobody wants the UK to be guided by the likes of the ineffectual, pitiful and two faced Cable either - who would be happy for UK people to be entirely under the undemocratic eu heel.

21 minutes ago, Panther said:

Geldof is surrounded by sycophants, the female equivalent of the braying tosser, so this comes as no surprise.

Does anyone actually believe that Izzard actually ran all those marathons? He always looked too pudgy and near the point of collapse to have achieved that

I was led to believe he walked most of them. Makes it a very different challenge.

Edited by Cunning Plan
1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

I was lead to believe he walked most of them. Makes it a very different challenge.

He did; I actually watched some of it (when you could watch iPlayer) because I was so hugely impressed that he was attempting such a thing.

And saw Eddie Izzard walking.  Pretty much all the time.

Now granted 26 miles is a long walk in a day in the heat of South Africa; but if you say "marathons" people assume that you ran them.

This was "Eddie Izzard does lots of long walks".

5 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I will never forget this image of geldof abusing Brexit voters who are in the main IMO only concerned about making a living for themselves and their offspring.

IMG_0154.JPG

That was against fishermen who had sailed their boats up the Thames to protest against the government giving away fishing quotas to the EU. 

Bastard. Hope  he rots in hell. 

12 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I will never forget this image of geldof abusing Brexit voters who are in the main IMO only concerned about making a living for themselves and their offspring.

IMG_0154.JPG

He is a little shit. I believe stuff like that cost the Remain campaign. That and absolutely nothing positive to say about staying in the EU.

1 minute ago, Alonso Quijano said:

He is a little shit. I believe stuff like that cost the Remain campaign. That and absolutely nothing positive to say about staying in the EU.

Bob geldof and Eddie Izard. The remain dream team. xD

what were they thinking? 

Oh and then, just to put the final nail in the coffin, they wheeled out Bliar. xD