• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

News about which you don't give a F U C K

47 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

.  There remians some decent stuff in broadcast media.

I watched a bit of TV for the first time in a while tonight. My word, the quality has noticeably dropped off a very large cliff.

I caught yet another cookery program, almost painfully ethnically correct and staggeringly dull. Something about families cooking what they cook at home for a top chef and a fat woman. 

Thrilling.

Then there was genuinely one of the shittest things I've ever seen on the TV. It was fronted by that glorified bingo host Len Goodman and the premise was a bunch of simpletons look at some crap animation to make a rhyme.

* shite animation of a sock bouncing on Ayers Rock appears on screen *

"Oh, oh! I know!! It's a sock on a rock Len!!"

*applause*

The fuck?

I actually thought it was a wind up but I think it was a serious program. I wasn't going to buy a new Xbox but if this is the alternative then I'll be getting my pre-order in.

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I watched a bit of TV for the first time in a while tonight. My word, the quality has noticeably dropped off a very large cliff.

I caught yet another cookery program, almost painfully ethnically correct and staggeringly dull. Something about families cooking what they cook at home for a top chef and a fat woman. 

Thrilling.

Then there was genuinely one of the shittest things I've ever seen on the TV. It was fronted by that glorified bingo host Len Goodman and the premise was a bunch of simpletons look at some crap animation to make a rhyme.

* shite animation of a sock bouncing on Ayers Rock appears on screen *

"Oh, oh! I know!! It's a sock on a rock Len!!"

*applause*

The fuck?

I actually thought it was a wind up but I think it was a serious program. I wasn't going to buy a new Xbox but if this is the alternative then I'll be getting my pre-order in.

I use Amazon Prime and Netflix in 4k on the current xbox, the quality is staggering. Just offering an alternative to the broadcast media.

Things I couldnt give a shite about in the news include in no particular order anything to do with gender/ sexuality, royal babies/royals, weather, I think this list is getting too long.

I can't give a shite about anything which doesnt  effect me and the things I can do nothing about or didnt cause.

4 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

I use Amazon Prime and Netflix in 4k on the current xbox, the quality is staggering. Just offering an alternative to the broadcast media.

Things I couldnt give a shite about in the news include in no particular order anything to do with gender/ sexuality, royal babies/royals, weather, I think this list is getting too long.

I can't give a shite about anything which doesnt  effect me and the things I can do nothing about or didnt cause.

It's always the effect of the affect that is the problem

8 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

It's always the effect of the affect that is the problem

Couldnt quite make my mind up, I hesitated and thought fuck it I cant be arsed to check the internet.

So there it is ignorance writ large.

17 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Any story that contains the words 'might', 'may' or 'could'.

Wake me up when it is 'will', 'has' or 'did'.

This is one of those things that once you notice, your life will never be the same. 

eg kills up to 99% of bacteria. Meaningless!