DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Parliament has failed

Popuplights

Fear. 

This end when parliament are afraid of the population. 

That only happens when the population are afraid of something other than covid.  Only plausible thing i can think of, is mass unemployment and high inflation.  Economy tanks, we may get there.    

• Agree 10

6 minutes ago, feed said:

Fear. 

This end when parliament are afraid of the population. 

That only happens when the population are afraid of something other than covid.  Only plausible thing i can think of, is mass unemployment and high inflation.  Economy tanks, we may get there.    

It's a plausible scenario, all you needed was a few hundred people to shut down a lot of streets around no. 10 the other day. 

This should continue. 

Bring on economic problems,  inflation,  jobs lost,  family stress,  personal crisis- all down to the coof bullshit,  and you've got a heady mix 

• Agree 6

8 minutes ago, JFK said:

It's a plausible scenario, all you needed was a few hundred people to shut down a lot of streets around no. 10 the other day. 

This should continue. 

Bring on economic problems,  inflation,  jobs lost,  family stress,  personal crisis- all down to the coof bullshit,  and you've got a heady mix 

Any more news on 26th June mass descent of DJs and sound systems to London.. :ph34r:

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

big companies run the world these days, parliament is just for theatre

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 09.05.56.png

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

8 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

For too many people in this country the lockdown has basically involved them getting paid to sit at home (some working some not) while feeling smug about how quickly the value of their house is rising.

Nothing will change while the masses are so comfortable.

Yep, if you were furloughed and still furloughed you'd not care so much especially if you're able to get another job. Overheard neighbour yesterday talking about strategic bringing back people from furlough to ensure they got the most money. Her stoner kid sat on his arse the past 12 months getting stoned and being a bit of a noise nuisance but he's a pretty decent bloke (early 20s) and we talk cars.... anyway... I agree. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

For too many people in this country the lockdown has basically involved them getting paid to sit at home (some working some not) while feeling smug about how quickly the value of their house is rising.

Nothing will change while the masses are so comfortable.

I'm happy with the continued extension now that gyms, hotels and pubs are open. It's a great lifestyle. 

Roll With It...

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Nobody will admit it but for a lot of people these last 15 months have been the best of their working lives and they don’t want it to end.

Coming over from TOS (I still visit from time to time) all this resolved me to further focus the plan to move into a self employed and tax free (legal) existence. I'm less keen now than ever on funding nonsense house prices and paying even more people to do FA than we used to (although fair play for linking 'benefits' to previous [declared] earnings). 

Grrrrrr 

3 minutes ago, Stuey said:

I'm happy with the continued extension now that gyms, hotels and pubs are open. It's a great lifestyle. 

Roll With It...

If you can go to the gym you can go to the office ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57487963

JoeDavola
8 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Roll With It...

Well yes I certainly never want to go back to the office or commute ever again.

Only thing that’s fucked me is Belfast house rising at what literally seems to be 5% per month.

• Agree 2

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Well yes I certainly never want to go back to the office or commute ever again.

Only thing that’s fucked me is Belfast house rising at what literally seems to be 5% per month.

Just wait till interest rates go up 1/4 of 1 %...

• Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

JoeDavola
3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Just wait till interest rates go up 1/4 of 1 %...

I fucking wish they would. Problem is that needs to happen about 20 times.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 2

1 minute ago, Popuplights said:

I am now freelancing as a hot air balloon recovery crew. I get to drive the land rover, £80 cash in hand for 5 hours work, a free beer off the boss afterwards. It's great! 

Wife got a free flight once as ballast.

• Lol 11

5 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

I am now freelancing as a hot air balloon recovery crew. I get to drive the land rover, £80 cash in hand for 5 hours work, a free beer off the boss afterwards. It's great! 

Friend of mine has gig like that beating, paid to drive and stand around nice surroundings.

BTW the ballast thing is true story as need to balance lift capability of a properly inflated balloon so there is effectively a minimum take off weight, she had an office near ballon company and easier for them offer free light than heft around a lot of sandbags.:D

• Cheers 1

JoeDavola
26 minutes ago, Adarmo said:

Coming over from TOS (I still visit from time to time) all this resolved me to further focus the plan to move into a self employed and tax free (legal) existence. I'm less keen now than ever on funding nonsense house prices and paying even more people to do FA than we used to (although fair play for linking 'benefits' to previous [declared] earnings).

I had a coffee with someone with an old boss of mine, not much older than me but someone I got on well with who I consider a friend.

He's now, in his early 40's, finally earning really big money with this new job. But he's spent literally the last 20 years under crippling amounts of stress and it shows. Poor bastard looked like a burnt out 40 year old before he turned 30.

I'm really happy for all his recent successes but from what he was telling me about the job he was in for the last 5 years it sounds even more hellish than the place I worked with him in 15 years ago. Long hours juggling 10 things at once, doing 5 people's jobs, and getting constant abuse from the management for not doing it fast enough (as well as abuse/complaints from the 50 or so people under you).

Fuck.That.

The money wouldn't make that kind of life any more bearable for me. I'm scared this bloke is gonna drop dead at 50.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 5

13 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Bilateral agreement needed... :Beer:

I've already said to them I'm more bothered by sodding masks and perspex than any virus risk.

I'm a four eyed speccy so same. Not wearing a mask all day. 

We also had the council knocking on our door asking us to take PCR tests.... who in their right mind would:

• Have a PCR test if not required for medical/travel
  • Risk a false positive (or a real positive) and then be isolated for 10 days while they trawl through your track and trace history

• Agree 4

nirvana

to be fair if you didn't get involved in 'occupy wall street' well ahem

this has been coming for years......like someone else said 'corporates rule the world now'

You reap what you sow! tough shit, STFU and stuff another fat bastard pie in yer gob xD

Altogether fatties jump up n down now! :Jumping:

Edited by nirvana
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I had a coffee with someone with an old boss of mine, not much older than me but someone I got on well with who I consider a friend.

He's now, in his early 40's, finally earning really big money with this new job. But he's spent literally the last 20 years under crippling amounts of stress and it shows. Poor bastard looked like a burnt out 40 year old before he turned 30.

I'm really happy for all his recent successes but from what he was telling me about the job he was in for the last 5 years it sounds even more hellish than the place I worked with him in 15 years ago. Long hours juggling 10 things at once, doing 5 people's jobs, and getting constant abuse from the management for not doing it fast enough (as well as abuse/complaints from the 50 or so people under you).

Fuck.That.

Doesn't sound like the juice is worth the squeeze. People under you are the biggest ballache. my old role I had nearly 20 and all around the world but as most were contractors they were easy. Now I just have one person but she's in a union and by fuck don't we all know it. She's harder than the other 20 all together lol. 

My plan is simply to renovate and extend my main residence and flip for tax free profit... the issue is the money required to get yourself in that position which probably puts me closer to your friend than I'd like. 

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Fuck.That.

Makes even less sense in the new world of possible unrestricted silent warfare combined with utter incompetence, massive grift / alterior motives and and a transhuman/anti human undercurrent.  Sounds far fetched but just looking at the comments over the years from a handful of people up to their nuts in the current turmoil - spell most of that out.