• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Last Night of the Proms

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Really?

Most be be Northerness - I fine the whole lot really cringeworthy. I dont do flags and over excited minor public school music teachers.

There's no requirement to like it and that it is entirely classical music will mean it's only going to have a minority appeal in the first place.

I have zero interest in the Olympics but I know a lot of people who are really into it and I will politely listen to their enthusing about the latest athlete, swimmer, cyclist of whom I haven't heard.

Once saw it on tv and there was some 'bobbing up and down' thing going on and I though that was the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen

Edited by Panther

14 hours ago, spygirl said:

Really?

Most be be Northerness - I fine the whole lot really cringeworthy. I dont do flags and over excited minor public school music teachers.

Not a Northern thing as it always seems a bit crap to me, and I sometimes like classical music so it's not for that. I even like some of the silly empire music by Elgar. However I find the crowd of folk bobbing and waving Union Jacks, many of whom will have voted for Gordon Brown or Blair or the slightly lesser traitor Cameron, completely odd. They love the UK, ok, but what exactly?

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Not a Northern thing as it always seems a bit crap to me, and I sometimes like classical music so it's not for that. I even like some of the silly empire music by Elgar. However I find the crowd of folk bobbing and waving Union Jacks, many of whom will have voted for Gordon Brown or Blair or the slightly lesser traitor Cameron, completely odd. They love the UK, ok, but what exactly?

It's nationalistic of course but it's not remotely political, unless your politics requires the destruction of the nation state like Soros, Merkel, Mandelson, Juncker etc.

I would not make any assumptions upon people's voting from their being up for the LNOTP.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's nationalistic of course but it's not remotely political, unless your politics requires the destruction of the nation state like Soros, Merkel, Mandelson, Juncker etc.

I would not make any assumptions upon people's voting from their being up for the LNOTP.

A favourite of mine from LNOTP and anytime! Wish I could hear this live at such an event.

I've been lucky that I have heard many classical favourites played at concerts. Just an appreciation of great music for me. If I attended LNOTP I would never wave a flag because I just don't do that type of thing! It would be amazing though to hear personal favourites in the energy of a big live event.