DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

How’s your area conforming

stokiescum

Malthus
1 hour ago, eight said:

It's not enough. 

Pretty much is 

no deaths for weeks, 12 positive cases in hospital and no one in icu 

If NI isn’t at herd immunity I’ll eat my hat 

However the idiots in charge refuse to accept that we have won and will probably introduce more daft restrictions any time 

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

Chewing Grass

Today's numbers in the Northwest exactly between Liverpool and Manchester.

Covid Surge Testing Hotspot as well.

2 Lounging in Hospital and Zero in ICU.

Coverage ~250,000.

1211167111_Screenshotfrom2021-06-1813-38-41.png.1a41e40d350f5153e944d7fecb2e6bcb.png

• Lol 1

Yadda yadda yadda

Managed to find one with less than 50% first doses at the first attempt. Tower Hamlets. Brent and Lambeth were just over 50%.

Cambridge surprised me. Thought it would be high. Might be that the students are counted as permanent residents and haven't been called up yet.

At those 2nd jab rates there will be a lot of places with less than 50% fully vaccinated by the end of summer.

sketch-1624084944803.png

sketch-1624085099681.png

• Informative 3

stop_the_craziness
2 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Managed to find one with less than 50% first doses at the first attempt. Tower Hamlets. Brent and Lambeth were just over 50%.

Cambridge surprised me. Thought it would be high. Might be that the students are counted as permanent residents and haven't been called up yet.

At those 2nd jab rates there will be a lot of places with less than 50% fully vaccinated by the end of summer.

sketch-1624084944803.png

sketch-1624085099681.png

I love how the Inner London problem is political dynamite that can't be addressed, nothing like a good old BAME-y spanner in the works of the globalist shills.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 3

4 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Cambridge is complicated because apparently the jab data comes from GP registrations (and most students are still registered at their home address) but the population (for this purpose) includes the students.

The result of this is (apparently) that even if 100% of the population of Cambridge were vaccinated, including all the students, the vaccination rate according to government statistics would be about 80%.

Wight Flight
47 minutes ago, dgul said:

Cambridge is complicated because apparently the jab data comes from GP registrations (and most students are still registered at their home address) but the population (for this purpose) includes the students.

The result of this is (apparently) that even if 100% of the population of Cambridge were vaccinated, including all the students, the vaccination rate according to government statistics would be about 80%.

That raises the interesting question of what are they defining as population for any given area?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

That raises the interesting question of what are they defining as population for any given area?

I raises an interesting question in me:

If this is the sort of approach they have towards statistics in this aspect of information provided by government,

What statistical nasties are lurking in the other information they provide..?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, dgul said:

I raises an interesting question in me:

If this is the sort of approach they have towards statistics in this aspect of information provided by government,

What statistical nasties are lurking in the other information they provide..?

If they are using gp registrations, they are overestimating against their own numbers by about 7%, but maybe underestimating against reality by 10%.

Who knows?

• Informative 1

Yadda yadda yadda
5 hours ago, dgul said:

I thought something similar was happening with Kensington and Chelsea. People registered in London but don't live full time in the country.

I wasn't sure how GP registrations worked. If someone is registered in two places (in the UK or at least within NHS England) would their vaccination record be updated in both. I would have thought so. Sounds like they're not using that database.

8 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I thought something similar was happening with Kensington and Chelsea. People registered in London but don't live full time in the country.

I wasn't sure how GP registrations worked. If someone is registered in two places (in the UK or at least within NHS England) would their vaccination record be updated in both. I would have thought so. Sounds like they're not using that database.

You're only supposed to be registered with one GP at a time.  That's not to say that there won't be any double entries, but there shouldn't be.

Yadda yadda yadda
11 minutes ago, dgul said:

You're only supposed to be registered with one GP at a time.  That's not to say that there won't be any double entries, but there shouldn't be.

I've re-read your previous post. I thought you meant most students were still registered at their home address as well as at University. What you mean is that they didn't register with a GP at university at all. Yet they are included in the overall population. Seems daft.

Presumably the flip side of this is that towns without a university could end up with >100% vaccination. Unlikely but possible.

Surely they should have used the place of GP registration to compile the population numbers? Perhaps that would lead to a larger population than the official 68 million. Perhaps it is the opposite and there are large numbers not registered at all. Could just be the way these statistics have always been done and they haven't thought to change it.

18 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I've re-read your previous post. I thought you meant most students were still registered at their home address as well as at University. What you mean is that they didn't register with a GP at university at all. Yet they are included in the overall population. Seems daft.

Presumably the flip side of this is that towns without a university could end up with >100% vaccination. Unlikely but possible.

Surely they should have used the place of GP registration to compile the population numbers? Perhaps that would lead to a larger population than the official 68 million. Perhaps it is the opposite and there are large numbers not registered at all. Could just be the way these statistics have always been done and they haven't thought to change it.

You are correct.  It is daft.

Wight Flight
5 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

GP numbers are larger than the known population as there is no disincentive to unregister dead patients.

However, they are much easier to jab.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

10 hours ago, dgul said:

I'd be a little bit interested in how I'm recorded in NHS. Supposedly still living in Leeds (left 2012) and absolutely no health issues requiring a visit since 2005.

Oh, and living in a different county :ph34r:

Yadda yadda yadda
7 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

GP numbers are larger than the known population as there is no disincentive to unregister dead patients.

However, they are much easier to jab.

I now have visions of people wearing medical masks injecting urns. There is someone with a clipboard overseeing this and ticking boxes. Finally the paper is removed from the clipboard so that someone else can key the data into an excel file with insufficient rows.

• Lol 1